• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, after its Leipzig reveal Lords of Shadow's website did originally open with a 60 day countdown page that lead to concept art so it matches the teaser thematically.

The game actually has a blog as well: http://www.lordsofshadow.com/blog/

This was the newest post.

Lords of Shadow Blog said:
Seasons Greetings,

Thanks for checking out the site for Lords of Shadow, our new action game.

We have been developing the game for almost one year now and the 2010 launch date is looming larger. So we’re fast approaching a time when we can start revealing more about the project to you.

Up until now, we have tried to keep everything under wraps as far as possible except for showing the teaser at GC Leipzig.

That teaser was really only done in order to let people know that we were producing something new and exciting in the action game genre. We’re all very pleased with the reaction it has garnered.

In the New Year and right up until release we will have lots of cool stuff to show you and some big announcements to make about the project. I want to talk to you about our design choices, why we did certain things, added some elements and left others out or dropped them. Plus, we’re going to discuss the gameplay and walk you through some of the levels. But that’s all to come.

I can tell you now though that we have been working with some high profile actors that bring Gabriel’s story much needed gravitas and I hope will give you, the player, something interesting and thought provoking to enjoy.

Of course, it’s an action game first and foremost and we promise to deliver spectacle deserving of the hardware on which it will appear.

Roll on 2009…

That leaves me just to say, Happy New Year to you all and thanks for your support!

Dave Cox
Executive Producer
Konami Digital Entertainment GmBh
Edit:

Here's some of the concept art from the 60 day countdown as well actually.

lherre

Accurate
Nirolak said:
Yes, I'm referring to the developer blog not the main site.

Yes I only say that they are working in a new site

And in the blog site, you can see this (the final confirmation for the silhouette)

bg.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
lherre said:
Yes I only say that they are working in a new site

And in the blog site, you can see this (the final confirmation for the silhouette)

http://www.lordsofshadow.com/blog/wp-content/themes/los/images/bg.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I've actually been looking forward to Lords of Shadow for a while so it'll be really interesting to see how this turns out if this is actually what Kojima is working on.

However, I still get the feeling he's just a producer on this and that this isn't actually the main game he's working on. I could be proven wrong though.

lherre

Accurate
Nirolak said:
I've actually been looking forward to Lords of Shadow for a while so it'll be really interesting to see how this turns out if this is actually what Kojima is working on.

However, I still get the feeling he's just a producer on this and that this isn't actually the main game he's working on. I could be proven wrong though.

Is right, the "next" page isn't lord of shadow as I said before.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys:

SeE3 = Seed

Gillian Seed

After MGS4, Kojima is making it so that the Snatcher universe is part of the same world. Obviously. It's a reboot of the series, tied to MGS.

I betcha!

Spiegel

Nervous Hamster said:
I really really hope it's not this Lord of Shit.

The countdown isn't for Lords of Shadow.

Next week there will be an announcement of a Metal Gear game on Famitsu PSP+PS3 so you can bet that the countdown is for this.

Xun

Ether_Snake said:
Guys:

SeE3 = Seed

Gillian Seed

After MGS4, Kojima is making it so that the Snatcher universe is part of the same world. Obviously. It's a reboot of the series, tied to MGS.

I betcha!
Oh that would be awesome.

But anyway, this LoS game sounds pretty cool actually!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Never played Snatcher, but it's looks like Blade Runner & Terminator combined:lol
Would that work these days?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
TGO said:
Never played Snatcher, but it's looks like Blade Runner & Terminator combined:lol
Would that work these days?

If it was Metal Gearized.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
So let's get this straight. It's either,

New metal gear
New unknown IP
This lords of shadow game
Castlevania

OR

None of the above?!!?!?

disappeared said:
It's what the man does best, next to crafting batshit epic/crazy/convoluted/ (insert adjective here) stories. It makes me think back to MGS2 and it's whole thing about how information spreads at lightning speed, some it containing grains of truth and some of it not.

Kojima is the goddamned La-li-lu-le-lo.

La-li-lu-le-lo? What's that?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Spiegel said:
The countdown isn't for Lords of Shadow.

Next week there will be an announcement of a Metal Gear game on Famitsu PSP+PS3 so you can bet that the countdown is for this.
Actually, I kind of doubt they'd reveal this in Famitsu five days before the countdown ends.

I'm betting the thing in Famitsu is Portable Ops 2 to go along with Sony's PSP revival, and this is a third game instead.

Dever

Banned
Nirolak said:
Actually, I kind of doubt they'd reveal this in Famitsu five days before the countdown ends.

Didn't they do that for MGS4? But yeah it'd be pretty silly if they kept giving us these 'hints' even after a Famitsu reveal.

Dever said:
Didn't they do that for MGS4? But yeah it'd be pretty silly if they kept giving us these 'hints' even after a Famitsu reveal.

Maybe they assume not everyone in the world will see the magazine scans and info on various websites. Then again, this is the Internet.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Philanthropist said:
Maybe they assume not everyone in the world will see the magazine scans and info on various websites. Then again, this is the Internet.
Edit: Nevermind, read that as leaked scans for some reason. My bad. But yeah technically we'll know about this seven days before the countdown ends if it's the same thing.

Dante

Philanthropist said:
Brother!!!

Holy Crap...This post alone makes me want to play MGS4 again.....Where the fuck is the trophy patch ?!?!?!?!

I also think that the MS conf will have an announcement of MGS4....While the Sony Conf the next day will have MGS5.

BOOKMARK IT! :p

ArjanN

Ether_Snake said:
Guys:

SeE3 = Seed

Gillian Seed

I betcha!

The Snatcher universe is already the same as the Metal gear one. They specifically name metal gear in it, and your sidekick IS a metal gear.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
thetrin said:

Came in to post something of similar vein. But I think the connection started out as just something not really serious. Put in a MG for the fans, something like that. But of course, I have no way of knowing for sure.

If Kojima is indeed working on something related to Snatcher, I'd be really happy. I'm more interested on seeing him working on something new or revisiting old work (Snatcher) then a new Metal Gear. Snatcher has such an awesome universum, and sci-fi/cyberpunk titles aren't exactly all over the place these days.. Snatcher has '80's written all over it, but I'm sure Kojima could modernize it. Or hell, not modernize it, stick with the 80's style and still make it cool and suave as hell.

Mik2121

Raide said:
That is pretty awesome AR stuff. You can see a few bubbles on the back of the magazine, so unless it got wet, it looks like someone pasted that onto the back. :lol
Oh, wow :lol

SolidSnakex, in the message that shows up in the youtube video, it says the site is down but should be up next week. Whatever...

Top Bottom