• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

I would guess it's some kind of interactive promo. Instead of the cardboard box you could end up checking the main character or some other asset while forcing you to buy the magazine so that you could do the physical interaction gimmick.

Mik2121 said:
SolidSnakex, in the message that shows up in the youtube video, it says the site is down but should be up next week. Whatever...

Where'd the magazine come from? Even the smallest mention of Kojima's new game gets posted on every website. So it seems weird that this would be out there and no one else had reported on it.

Mik2121

SolidSnakex said:
Where'd the magazine come from? Even the smallest mention of Kojima's new game gets posted on every website. So it seems weird that this would be out there and no one else had reported on it.
Apparently "next week's weekly famitsu". Maybe that person either got his hands on the magazine somehow, or he just pasted the paper in the famitsu to handle the paper better?

Or just, you know.. it's a fake?

daegan

megateto said:
It looked like he glued the last page onto the magazine.

It's not even a good fake. It's on non-glossy paper and have you ever seen Kojima Productions list their name twice? Once in the logo and once next to it?

Mik2121 said:
Apparently "next week's weekly famitsu". Maybe that person either got his hands on the magazine somehow, or he just pasted the paper in the famitsu to handle the paper better?

Or just, you know.. it's a fake?

is it the psp+ps3 famitsu or the normal one? cause if it's the ps one the ad can't be for the mgs game that's going to be unveiled in it. wouldn't it be pointless to unveil it and then show a mystery teaser ad in the back of the mag if it's already unveiled in the same magazine?

must be something different if that's it.

Mik2121

°°ToMmY°° said:
is it the psp+ps3 famitsu or the normal one? cause if it's the ps one the ad can't be for the mgs game that's going to be unveiled in it. wouldn't it be pointless to unveil it and then show a mystery teaser ad in the back of the mag if it's already unveiled in the same magazine?

It looks like the weekly famitsu, not the PSP&PS3 one. Dunno though.

Paracelsus

°°ToMmY°° said:

7/11 listed MGS as magazine content. Would you list an ad on the backcover as magazine content? As important as this ad can be, I would not.

Paracelsus said:
7/11 listed MGS as magazine content. Would you list an ad on the backcover as magazine content? As important this ad can be, I would not.

appunto. quindi se viene svelato su famitsu Ps, difficile che ci sia un altro ad per un altro mgs sull'ultima pagina del giornale. se fosse stato quello, cosa che mik ha smentito, allora l'annuncio sarebbe stato per un nuovo gioco e non per mgs5.

anche se a riguardare il video la pagina con l'ad è palesemente appiccicata sul fondo. probabile però che sia vero, il software utilizzato per creare la scatola di cartone virtuale è tutto fuorchè amatoriale.

panda21

looks fake but also looks like a lot of effort to get the whole webcam thing to work, unless there was some old website to do that already

plus you cant really see the URL, but if the site isnt live how did they get to it by just typing the address in chrome?

Totobeni said:
guess it's hint for MGS5 for Xbox360 the new 3D camera
you guys forgetting eyetoy? ps3 allready has that and that game with the cards and the monster that shows up when you hold the card in the camera? same tech.

Turk

TheOddOne said:
20070824.jpg

Rei_Toei said:
If Kojima is indeed working on something related to Snatcher, I'd be really happy. I'm more interested on seeing him working on something new or revisiting old work (Snatcher) then a new Metal Gear. Snatcher has such an awesome universum, and sci-fi/cyberpunk titles aren't exactly all over the place these days.. Snatcher has '80's written all over it, but I'm sure Kojima could modernize it. Or hell, not modernize it, stick with the 80's style and still make it cool and suave as hell.
An open world Snatcher would be incredible.

If its an open world game I'd love for it to be more on the investigation/stealth side then on the action/blow shit up side because we've seen tons of games which fall into the latter category.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hydrogen Bluebird said:
All these countdowns are starting to get ridiculous.
it's just an elaborate way of saying wait for E3.

I appreciate the entertainment, honestly. It's better this than silence.

Nif

Back of that magazine looks printed and glued on.

edit: Unless the paper isn't supposed to be glossy. Still looks strange to me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
shagg_187 said:
In that case, Snatcher prequel. Summing up what happens between MGS4 and Snatcher!

Lucifer Alpha = mutated Fox Die.

Imm0rt4l

TheOddOne said:
I didn't know Jadakiss was Sean Kingston.
I couldn't discern between those ninja turtle looking motherfuckers since he's wearing his fit so low and kiss looks fatter than usual. So I"ll respond with ' WHY are you in a thread complainin bout cutscenes, WHY does kiss look so fat, when we all know he aint eatin'?

WHY?

TheOddOne

Imm0rt4l said:
I couldn't discern between those ninja turtle looking motherfuckers since he's wearing his fit so low and kiss looks fatter than usual. So I"ll respond with ' WHY are you in a thread complainin bout cutscenes, WHY does kiss look so fat, when we all know he aint eatin'?

WHY?

MGS Defence force in full swing. I love MGS games, but I find the cutscenes ridiculously overlong since MGS2. Its my opinion live with it.

TheOddOne

criesofthepast said:
MGS had a near 20 minute cutscene with Baker and Snake.

Yes, but that scene was intresting and to the point. Since MGS2 every cutscene wants to tell the whole story again, again and again.

Imm0rt4l

TheOddOne said:
MGS Defence force in full swing. I love MGS games, but I find the cutscenes ridiculously overlong since MGS2. Its my opinion live with it.
the comment was meant to be taken in jest but whatever. Point me where I disagreed with your opinion and I'll fallback. I only came at you since you felt the need to beat a dead horse. Yea the cutscenes are 'overlong' (as you so eloquently put it)....live with it, the cutscenes have and will always be long. Your enjoying them is subjective.

TheOddOne said:
Yes, but that scene was intresting and to the point. Since MGS2 every cutscene wants to tell the whole story again, again and again.

Then your problem isn't with the length of the cut-scenes, it's with redundant dialogue and too much exposition.

Top Bottom