• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Bit-Bit

WrikaWrek said:
Why would he wear a bandanna covering his eye after being turned into a cyborg though?

???

That's not the point that's being made sir. I'm saying that the person in the image has the left eye not showing. The only other Ninja in the Metal Gear lore that has lost a left eye is Grey Fox during the fight with Snake in Metal Gear 2 on MSX.

Other people are claiming that Fox lost his left eye during the Rex fight. I'm saying that NO, his left eye took damage during that fight, but it was not the fight that he lost it in.

That's it man. Just take it, and go.

zoukka

Ether_Snake said:
My guess is that it is not Big Boss.

It's the first clone attempt of Big Boss, before the Les Enfants Terribles project.

Does Kojima think fans would muster up the interest to sympatize with another Snake? Even the two of them is pushing it. (two as in playable characters). I think that would be a big mistake.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Bit-Bit said:
That's not the point that's being made sir. I'm saying that the person in the image has the left eye not showing. The only other Ninja in the Metal Gear lore that has lost a left eye is Grey Fox during the fight with Snake in Metal Gear 2 on MSX.

Other people are claiming that Fox lost his left eye during the Rex fight. I'm saying that NO, his left eye took damage during that fight, but it was not the fight that he lost it in.

That's it man. Just take it, and go.

Go where? I thought we were having a nice discussion.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
zoukka said:
Does Kojima think fans would muster up the interest to sympatize with another Snake? Even the two of them is pushing it. (two as in playable characters). I think that would be a big mistake.

I'm really kidding.

This is either Big Boss and Raiden or Gray Fox.

Or.

It's a reboot. It's not Metal Gear Solid. It's the same "kind" of characters, but different names, different story, etc. Like another universe altogether. A new start. Who knows.

zoukka said:
It's really getting out of hands if it's Grey Fox. He looks really young in the scan and has implant jaw like Raiden has.

Then again his hairline is really high.
Then again it makes no sense he has the same armor as Raiden way before that technology is possible.
Then again it can't be Raiden because he has some holes in his skull and Raiden doesn't in MGS4.

Why am I doing this D:

Because it's exactly what Kojima wants you to do.

Bit-Bit

WrikaWrek said:
Go where? I thought we were having a nice discussion.

The take it and go part is just a Peter Russel joke. It doesn't come off very good in writing. Imagine me saying that in an Indian accent.

WrikaWrek

Banned
akachan ningen said:
"abomination" means a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc. Which describes TTS very well.

Don't see why. Gameplay is standard MGS fare, the cut scenes were over the top but it's not like it's that out of place considering how ridiculous MGS overall is.

So, was it because of the over the top cut scenes? Directed by the dude from Azumi, chosen by Kojima.

RavenFox

Banned
zoukka said:
It's really getting out of hands if it's Grey Fox. He looks really young in the scan and has implant jaw like Raiden has.

Then again his hairline is really high.
Then again it makes no sense he has the same armor as Raiden way before that technology is possible.
Then again it can't be Raiden because he has some holes in his skull and Raiden doesn't in MGS4.

Why am I doing this D:
10 years isn't a long time. Even Olga had a similar exoskeleton. Fox body could have been repaired. Who the F knows with Kojima.

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
I'm really not sure. I'm just saying that I don't see how it's completely obvious that it's Raiden. Kojima isn't going to change a characters eye color just to try to trick people.

How about the fact his face is exactly like Raiden's? Jeez.

Cartman86

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
I've figured it out!

wait for it...

TIME TRAVEL!

:lol

I have no problem with this at all. I love time travel as long as they are smart with it. Treat it using alternate realities is a good way to do it. Even if they don't we have hardly ever seen any real time travel games, so I wouldn't mind. Is it a little silly? Maybe, but if they treat is as a sort of reboot or spin-off it could work.

Bit-Bit

I'll say this again for those who missed it earlier.

Raiden could be related to Grey Fox. Everyone knows that Kojima loves to show that history repeats itself. Thus Raiden sustaining a similar injury as Fox did would make sense.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey, maybe it's Solidus. He's wearing the eyepatch for fun. :3

WrikaWrek said:
Don't see why. Gameplay is standard MGS fare, the cut scenes were over the top but it's not like it's that out of place considering how ridiculous MGS overall is.

So, was it because of the over the top cut scenes? Directed by the dude from Azumi, chosen by Kojima.
Today's so called Metal Gear "fans" and "experts" shouldn't be listened to.

Ether_Snake said:
I'm really kidding.

Or.

It's a reboot. It's not Metal Gear Solid. It's the same "kind" of characters, but different names, different story, etc. Like another universe altogether. A new start. Who knows.

How about this: It's Raiden who was damaged even more in future battles and the BB-look alike is a 4th clone who was born several years after Solid Snake. And he wears an eye patch because they removed his eye due to a brain tumor.

wrikawrek said:

A combination of bad changes to the script, simplified gameplay, bad acting, ugly models, and the cut scenes(over the top is fine, but some of the details were just bad.)

I haven't looked into any of this whatsoever, but I did see the Raiden and "Snake" scans. The first thing that popped in my head was Raiden's mission to recover the remains of Big Boss, but like I said I haven't been following this at all. Looking forward to the announcement for sure though.

Cartman86

Banned
akachan ningen said:
A combination of bad changes to the script, simplified gameplay, bad acting, ugly models, and the cut scenes(over the top is fine, but some of the details were just bad.)

Dude he CUT A FUCKING BULLET!!!!!!!! Did you see the Ninja Kick a slab of concrete at a matrix dodging Snake?!?!??! Crazy!!!

That being said I had no problems with it.

Chinner

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
I'm really kidding.

Or.

hopefully dis

Remember how, when MGS3 was announced, people were like 'OMG IT CAN'T BE BIG BOSS' and then they looked for all sorts of crazy loopholes, his eye was discussed over and over, time travel got discussed, basically every kind of possible theory to explain how the person in the trailer who looked exactly like Big Boss couldn't possibly be Big Boss?

And then it became like a meta-discussion about how it can't be Big Boss because Kojima has a history of misleading, so obviously the obvious answer - that it was Big Boss - couldn't be right? And how Kojima refusing to comment became evidence that it wasn't Big Boss?

And then after all that it was Big Boss?

And then again for MGS4 people were looking for all kinds of loopholes to explain how Old Snake couldn't actually be Snake etc. etc. etc. and again, at the end of it all, the obvious answer was staring everyone in the face and it was blatantly Snake all along?

Yeah, guys, you're doing that whole thing again.

WrikaWrek

Banned
akachan ningen said:

Don't even remember changes to the script and i played MGS1 like 11 times. Ugly models? Not true, despite the fact they look better than MGS1 models.

And cut scene wise, aside from from the rocket jump, and maybe another thing here or there, it didn't affect me at all.

Simplified gameplay because they added features but didn't change level design.

In the end, all it went through was a few style changes, and became more accessible to new players. Far from an abomination, and the hate it gets from these so called mgs fans is far from being justified.

the exoskeleton in the scan is made of steel, it's not bio-material like the raiden's one.

the most logic solution (that's doesn't mean it will be it, though) is big boss + gray fox set during big boss' attempt in building outer heaven, so a sequel to mgs3 where we met big boss, to mgs:po where we met null/gray fox and a prequel to the mg msx games.

raviolico

proposition said:
Remember how, when MGS3 was announced, people were like 'OMG IT CAN'T BE BIG BOSS' and then they looked for all sorts of crazy loopholes, his eye was discussed over and over, time travel got discussed, basically every kind of possible theory to explain how the person in the trailer who looked exactly like Big Boss couldn't possibly be Big Boss?

And then it became like a meta-discussion about how it can't be Big Boss because Kojima has a history of misleading, so obviously the obvious answer - that it was Big Boss - couldn't be right? And how Kojima refusing to comment became evidence that it wasn't Big Boss?

And then again for MGS4 people were looking for all kinds of loopholes to explain how Old Snake couldn't actually be Snake etc. etc. etc. and again, at the end of it all, the obvious answer was staring everyone in the face and it was blatantly Snake all along?

post of the day.

WrikaWrek said:
In the end, all it went through was a few style changes, and became more accessible to new players. Far from an abomination, and the hate it gets from these so called mgs fans is far from being justified.
At this point it looks very unlikely given that they seem to be making MGS5, but I'd still love to see a remake of MGS1-3 using the controls/camera from MGS4. MGS:TTS & MGS3:Subsistence made things a little better but I would imagine MGS3 would be so much more awesome if it had crouch walking, and
I'd love to play the MGS1 sniper wolf fight the way the MGS4 wolf fight was

John_B

Remember at GDC when Kojima was taking the piss? Wasn't there a 2D demo of Metal Gear with Raiden in it?

Somebody find that crap.

WrikaWrek said:
Don't even remember changes to the script and i played MGS1 like 11 times. Ugly models? Not true, despite the fact they look better than MGS1 models.

And cut scene wise, aside from from the rocket jump, and maybe another thing here or there, it didn't affect me at all.

Simplified gameplay because they added features but didn't change level design.

ugh. MG threads always turn into TTS hate-fests for a good reason. but I don't want it to happen here so I'll just leave it alone. But saying MGS fans are "so-called fans" because they don't like TTS's changes is beyond dumb.

thaOwner

proposition said:

kojima-quote.jpg

WrikaWrek

Banned
akachan ningen said:
ugh. MG threads always turn into TTS hate-fests for a good reason. but I don't want it to happen here so I'll just leave it alone. But saying MGS fans are "so-called fans" because they don't like TTS's changes is beyond dumb.

I call them so called fans because they for some reason believe they know better than the rest.

I'm a pretty big MGS fan and i liked TTS. I have a rather hard time understanding the overblown hate it gets, if Kojima had plastered his name all over it nobody would say shit.

For all the people talking about Gray Fox, I sure hope you played Portable Ops with his origin story and as an unlockable playable character!

I'd be quite interested in a Portable Ops sequel but with linking PSN version, essentially the same gameplay but with prettier graphics/better controls. Package the next iteration of Metal Gear Online along with it, and I'm yours.

MGS5 with Raiden would be odd. I always thought they'd do Raiden DLC for MGS4, not make a whole game out of his missing years (abducted and turned into a cyborg in area 51, rescuing sunny, hunting Big Boss' body), but to make it a full MGS sequel seems just... unlikely.

Maybe the big switcheroo will be Raiden will be the PSP game while Big Boss gets a PS3 outing. Damn, I don't know. Fuck you Kojima! You've done this to me again!

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
I'm not saying it doesn't look like him. But why is his eye color different? Why does he now have two holes in his head?

Fuck if I know, but his face is pretty damning evidence. :p

WrikaWrek

Banned
neojubei said:
The boards will go nuts if this game is PS3 exclusive.

?

Wouldn't it be the opposite? like "The boards will go nuts if this game is not PS3 exclusive."

RavenFox said:
So you read nothing about the time paradox?

Time paradox? No. I've read about it going through multiple time periods.

neojubei said:
The boards will go nuts if this game is PS3 exclusive. E3 cannot come soon enough.
By the time this game comes out the PS3 should be down to $199 so I don't think the exclusive thing will be as big of a deal as it was for MGS4, but it is still a factor for those who can't justify buying two systems.

John_B

If it is infact two games, I sincerely hope that Big Boss will be on Playstation 3. Raiden can take his ass to the Wii for all I care.

neojubei said:
The boards will go nuts if this game is PS3 exclusive. E3 cannot come soon enough.

that would be expected :| The boards would go nuts if it was on 360. Amirox would have another "this is the nail is sony's coffin" meltdown quote. two years in a row. :lol

scoobs

I'm pretty sure that the fact that it was revealed in a playstation famitsu, would lend to the fact that it will be exclusive to ps3 or psp.

Orlics

Ether_Snake said:
I'm really kidding.

Or.

I would actually love that... where have we seen that before? Same character designs, etc, totally different story. It's definitely been done before.

Top Bottom