• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Crying Wolf? That's cool, she was awesome. All the BB Corps were but I sure as shit want new bosses.

SMZC

Blader5489 said:
Yeah you're right, they really should just throw the engine away and start from scratch.

Maybe you'd rather them reuse all of MGS4's environments under the excuse that it's Guns of the Patriots' storyline from Raiden's perspective. I don't.

jett

D-Member
Blader5489 said:
Yeah you're right, they really should just throw the engine away and start from scratch.

Assets != engine. I mean stuff like re-using the same environments, character models, etc. If my assumption is true, that is.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
WHere is the pic? I can't see it D:

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Cryinwolf with Raiden teamed up against...Dracula??

jett said:
LOL if that is Crying Wolf. That could mean this takes place during the events of MGS4, but from Raiden's perspective. Reusing assets FTL.

I would expect you start the game as Raiden on his way to find Sunny (the classic first mission), I imagine getting into Area 51 would be tough (or finding it even :lol ), meeting up with Paradise Lost. Then getting captured, which is what I want to see (Kyle Schneider or no Kyle Schneider :D ), then he wakes up like Robo Cop and escapes. Then you've got the rescue of Big Boss. Then he does what all good heroes do and go to Alaska for a break ;) Half the game stealth, the other ninja. Nice.

What I do not want is going beyond Snake being dead, that's just a cop out...or worst bringing him back from the dead! Unless he's a ninja who goes out in a blaze of glory.

Also I want to know where Big Boss saying "This is good, isn't it" comes from, because he sounded like he'd said or heard it before.

ArjanN

Ballistics said:
I would expect you start the game as Raiden on his way to find Sunny (the classic first mission), I imagine getting into Area 51 would be tough (or finding it even :lol ), meeting up with Paradise Lost. Then getting captured, which is what I want to see (Kyle Schneider or no Kyle Schneider :D ), then he wakes up like Robo Cop and escapes. Then you've got the rescue of Big Boss. Then he does what all good heroes do and go to Alaska for a break ;) Half the game stealth, the other ninja. Nice.

What I do not want is going beyond Snake being dead, that's just a cop out...or worst bringing him back from the dead! Unless he's a ninja who goes out in a blaze of glory.

Also I want to know where Big Boss saying "This is good, isn't it" comes from, because he sounded like he'd said or heard it before.

I was kind of hoping with this being the 'new next-gen metal gear series' they'd leave most of the old convoluted plot/characters behind.

Just have Raiden and some sort of Metal Gear and create a whole new story/characters with that.

Anyone could be in the Crying Wolf suit though, just like the ninja in MGS1 and 2.
It looks like he's riding on top of it though, not attacking it...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love MGS4: Raiden's Side, so yeah, here's hoping,

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Rez said:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it either. He doesn't show up that often in MGS4 so there would be plenty of room for filler as well as new content.

ArjanN

Rez said:

Since it's a multi-platform game it would be a little weird, as the XBOX360/PC people probably won't have played MGS4.

I'm guessing it's a whole new direction.

jett

D-Member
Graphics Horse said:
So, er, did anyone work out what all the letters meant? I'm not even sure what the 12345e means at the end of the Peace Walker Trailer.

Apparently, in the end, the letters didn't matter. Worst teaser website ever.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Considering the picture we saw before, it's almost certain that it is set AT LEAST before MGS4, and possibly also during MGS4.

Johnas

I hope this game feels distinct enough from MGS4. You would think so given Raiden, but who knows. Same time frame concerns me somewhat.

-viper-

Banned
Johnas said:
I hope this game feels distinct enough from MGS4. You would think so given Raiden, but who knows. Same time frame concerns me somewhat.
Doesn't have to be the same time frame. Could be a few months before.

B+B unit suddenly didn't appear because Snake showed up...

Johnas

-viper- said:
Doesn't have to be the same time frame. Could be a few months before.

B+B unit suddenly didn't appear because Snake showed up...

Well, that's what I meant by same time frame. A few months before is definitely close enough for that.

The previous games in the series had years set between each entry. Even though this is a spin-off technically, I'd still like it to be clearly distinct.

ArjanN said:
I was kind of hoping with this being the 'new next-gen metal gear series' they'd leave most of the old convoluted plot/characters behind.

Just have Raiden and some sort of Metal Gear and create a whole new story/characters with that.

Isn't that in it's self convoluted? What's the point of giving Raiden a happy ending then taking it away. I'd like to think that the story starts with Big Boss jumping out of that plane and ends with Snake, Otacon & Sunny just doing anything other than trying to save the world. Fishing or writing a book called "How to fry the perfect egg", normal stuff ;)
Anything inbetween is fine. There's still 21 years between Peace Walker and Metal Gear, lots must of gone on. (I'll never give up on you Kyle :D)

Solo

Blader5489 said:

Theres something of a massive difference between using the same engine twice vs using the same art assets twice.

ArjanN

Ballistics said:
Isn't that in it's self convoluted? What's the point of giving Raiden a happy ending then taking it away. I'd like to think that the story starts with Big Boss jumping out of that plane and ends with Snake, Otacon & Sunny just doing anything other than trying to save the world. Fishing or writing a book called "How to fry the perfect egg", normal stuff ;)
Anything inbetween is fine. There's still 21 years between Peace Walker and Metal Gear, lots must of gone on. (I'll never give up on you Kyle :D)

No, I'm pretty sure nothing is more convoluted than the MGS lore. :)

I was thinking more along the line of a reboot. Or maybe not go that far, but at least something that doesn't really require that much knowledge of the previous games.

Darkpen

Banned
Graphics Horse said:
So, er, did anyone work out what all the letters meant? I'm not even sure what the 12345e means at the end of the Peace Walker Trailer.
the assumption is that the e is actually <insert kanji for "snake" here>

Also, someone posted about what all of those letters and numbers probably meant a few pages back, and its basically a random collection of the first letter of each title, along with PS360

Top Bottom