• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Persona 5 R Announcement Imminent

Wunray

in spanish

https://areajugones.sport.es/2018/1...nintendo-switch-en-2019-bajo-un-nuevo-nombre/

If is possible to bring in Nintendo Switch, They have a PS3 Version.

I still not begining the game, but she is the best part of P5

Gx2lUim.png

maxresdefault.jpg
My dude here knows what's up, when I found out ya boy could.......I was like
tenor.gif

That being said I would double dip.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
pls.. i need this.

changes i'd like to see:

- play as a female character.
- more Haru + Hifumi
- have more freedom. by that i mean...MORGANA doesn't CONSTANTLY tell you that you're tired and need sleep!!!

R83diGn.jpg

If the R stands for Removing 30 hours of Filler, I’m all in!
eh...i mean the end was a little dragged out but definitely not 30 hours worth. maybe about 2 hours or something less and it'd be perfect.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
All I want is a Vita version. I got hooked on P4G on Vita, was a perfect type of game to play in bed. Thats why i never got P5 yet.

Do you need to literally play outside of the house? I ask because I played the majority of Persona 5 on Vita with remote play and it worked beautifully.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So that means shin megami tensei 5 is coming to PS4?

Give me playable Hifumi as originally planned and you got yourself a buy.

Okay, who am I kidding? I'll buy an enhanced version of my GOTG anyway, but playable best girl would really sweeten that deal.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The writings have been on the wall since the Joker announcement, but I´d rather have Atlus port Catherine instead. But who am I to complain if Switch gets well crafted games from an adored franchise such as Persona? Bring it on, I say.

The writings have been on the wall since the Joker announcement, but I´d rather have Atlus port Catherine instead. But who am I to complain if Switch gets well crafted games from an adored franchise such as Persona? Bring it on, I say.
If Switch gamers buy Persona 5 R in droves, which I expect to happen, I can see Atlus porting Catherine as well as some of their other games like Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown.

Hudo

tenor.gif

We are talking about Catherine! If you going shit post, at very least do it properly.

You are not even trying to hide that you shit posting for sake of shit posting.
Yes the fuck there is. You don't speak for us.
Guys, shitposting with regards to Nintendo is his/her schtick. I have to commend his/her unwavering commitment to it, though.

Additionally, Atlus registered even more Persona 5 related domains.

I can't wait for a Switch port. It is my favourite JRPG this gen.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Dragon's Crown.

Oh yes, please. Dragon´s Crown would be such a great addition to the Switch library. Odin Sphere too ofc, but Dragon´s Crown just have that special sauce that makes it worth playing forever and ever. Dropped countless hours on it on PS3 and would double dip in a heart beat.

Do you need to literally play outside of the house? I ask because I played the majority of Persona 5 on Vita with remote play and it worked beautifully.

No actually, i never played it outside. Damn I actually forgot about remote play feauture even exists lol. Not sure about the lag but yeah, I guess it is doable. The reason I want it on Vita is because I got into persona with P4G. I know it first released on consoles but even though I got a comfy couch, something about playing a game where you just do regular day to day stuff like normal people, it just feels so much better when you are stuffed in your bed. RPGs like The Witcher, KOTOR, Mass Effect, those I need to be in upward position.

Vawn

Banned
No actually, i never played it outside. Damn I actually forgot about remote play feauture even exists lol. Not sure about the lag but yeah, I guess it is doable. The reason I want it on Vita is because I got into persona with P4G. I know it first released on consoles but even though I got a comfy couch, something about playing a game where you just do regular day to day stuff like normal people, it just feels so much better when you are stuffed in your bed. RPGs like The Witcher, KOTOR, Mass Effect, those I need to be in upward position.

I guess its dependent on your wifi, but I never had issues. Especially with a turn-based game.

kingbean

I'll probably pick the game back up at some point. I quit halfway into Futaba's dungeon. It just drags on and on... anyway.
Maybe if they fix the dialog so it doesn't feel like the game is repeating itself.

It would be nice if it came to other platforms so other people can get a chance to play it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
At least you weren't like Chaz, who overhyped it like the 2nd coming! So you're forgiven
I did in my own head. Maybe that's why it was so disappointing to me. It just didn't live up to any of the Persona games I played in terms of characters or story, so I couldn't keep playing as it felt like a chore.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
We are talking about Catherine! If you going shit post, at very least do it properly.

You are not even trying to hide that you shit posting for sake of shit posting.

Guys, shitposting with regards to Nintendo is his/her schtick. I have to commend his/her unwavering commitment to it, though.
From what I can tell he was exactly like this on the other place. I really don't even know why the mods here won't do anything about him.

As for Persona 5 I hope it gets a Switch version considering I have nothing but portable versions of Persona games to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
not for the games people really wanted to be.
What? Don’t make me resort to a list. My DS and 3DS exist primarily for SMT games. From Strange Journey to the Devil Survivors to the main line SMTIV.

Man Nintendo has always been a treasure trove foe my Atlas fix. So plz speak for yourself!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What? Don’t make me resort to a list. My DS and 3DS exist primarily for SMT games. From Strange Journey to the Devil Survivors to the main line SMTIV.

Man Nintendo has always been a treasure trove foe my Atlas fix. So plz speak for yourself!
Also don't Forget Catherine was multipaltform when originally came out on 2011.

Dokku

I really want you see p5 remain exclusive to playstation because I don't think it's respectful to the creators if it's forced to run on subpar hardware.
this is a joke.

Danjin44

I really want you see p5 remain exclusive to playstation because I don't think it's respectful to the creators if it's forced to run on subpar hardware.
this is a joke.
What!!? You do know Persona 5 is a PS3 game, right?

mejin

That's what I'm talking about. Atlus will go multi platform for those kind of games imo

Anyone who believe SMTV won't come to playstation later is as much naive as those who didn't see persona coming to switch, just an example.

Vitacat

this is a joke.

1) It's a PS3 game. Nothing the Switch couldn't easily do.
2) More people buying and playing a game is not disrespectful to creators. It's the opposite.

Last edited:

Dokku

What!!? You do know Persona 5 is a PS3 game, right?
Yeah but ps3 had the cell processor which is a supercomputer on a chip, therefore it's an honour for p5 to run on it.
The switch has mobile hardware and I don't think the creators of p5 would be happy with their work running on something designed to make videocalls.
this too is a joke.

Danjin44

Yeah but ps3 had the cell processor which is a supercomputer on a chip, therefore it's an honour for p5 to run on it.
The switch has mobile hardware and I don't think the creators of p5 would be happy with their work running on something designed to make videocalls.
this too is a joke.
tenor.gif

Persona 5 looks great for it art direction not for its tech. Persona 5 doesn’t have high end graphic even for PS3 standard. Xenoblade 2 is waaaay more graphic heavy than persona 5.
NC5O0vM.gif

You can’t actually believe what you are posting, can’t you?

Last edited:

Dokku

tenor.gif

Persona 5 looks great for it art direction not for its tech. Persona 5 doesn’t have high end graphic even for PS3 standard. Xenoblade 2 is waaaay more graphic heavy than persona 5.
NC5O0vM.gif

You can’t actually believe what you are posting, can’t you?
Ye but in xenoblade the graphics aren't rendered in real time it's mostly fmv which the mobile hardware on switch can barely handle. I don't think switch has the colour palette to properly reproduce p5's vibrancy either.
I'm still joking btw. XD.

Danjin44

Ye but in xenoblade the graphics aren't rendered in real time it's mostly fmv which the mobile hardware on switch can barely handle. I don't think switch has the colour palette to properly reproduce p5's vibrancy either.
I'm still joking btw. XD.
Okay......you could have just told me you came here to shit post so I could avoid wasting my time.

Also the gif I posted was rendered real time. But I don't think you came here for any proper discussion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Okay......you could have just told me you came here to shit post so I could avoid wasting my time.

Also the gif I posted was rendered real time. But I don't you came here for any proper discussion.
At least he's willing to admit he's shitposting unlike someone here. As stupid as his comments were I can't knock him for that.

Dokku

I did include disclaimers with every post.

In all seriousness, I'd be very keen on having p5 on switch. Jrpgs are meant to be played on a handheld in bed imo.

I'm just worried the switch's inferior audio processing capabilities will ruin the soundtrack.
still a joke

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
this too is a joke.

of course no.

If switch has mobile hardware. It cannot show games like Wolfenstein

Last edited:

cireza

Then use headphones.
Guy is actually trolling making deliberate posts like he is ignorant. And concluding them with "this is a joke". Probably thinks that this is funny. You should not bite so easily :)

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
This became one of my top 10 favorite RPG's. I love the art style and music. After a hard day of work spending my time running through Shibuya station became such a comfort zone. Though I haven't touched it in awhile I can't seem to delete the space from my PS4.

xcompr

Neo Member
There's possibly going to be 4 versions judging by the domains registered, 5B/M/S. R for remake and regular edition. Then there will probably be three editions Black, Mask and Stealth with an Ultimate edition that will costs 150,000 Yen for them all or something =P

Audioout

Wait? People want a Persona game to be shorter? When I start to notice the year is coming to an end I get majorly bummed and try to quickly complete as much as I can before it inevitably ends. I mean, I've sinked a lot of hours into Persona but that was my choice to do so. You can just burn through it if that's all you care about.

EDMIX

Also don't Forget Catherine was multipaltform when originally came out on 2011.

And don't forget the "was" in that statement. Its not coming to XB even though it came to 360. That might tell us that Sega is not looking to waste as much funds bringing titles to systems that have been known to struggle with such IP.

Lots of titles that went to switch have under performed in sales enough to see those publishers slow down on releases.
I'm seeing lots of examples of Doom and Wolfenstein yet no one wants to talk about how poorly those games sold....
So the publisher might say they are "happy" with those sales, but clearly not happy enough to CONTINUE that support.
Rage 2, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls VI, Starfield etc and its clear they are lowering that support based on probably realizing that money they are getting in return may not be worth the port job.

SEGA might be in the same situation and are looking to limit that. So Persona 5 could come to the Switch..........or it legit could never end up on that platform ever.

Top Bottom