• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a game you have fond memories of, but most people don't remember

Trilobit

Knytt and also Knytt Stories.

uxWDvsr.jpg

Very simplistic games, but with great atmosphere and minimalistic music.

DaGwaphics

xbox_prisoner_of_war-110214.jpg

Plenty of jank in this one. But I remember that I really liked the way the game allowed you to attempt the objectives at the time of day of your choosing, not many games gave you that much freedom back then. Similar concept as the great escape, but that one was a lot more linear.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
xbox_prisoner_of_war-110214.jpg

Plenty of jank in this one. But I remember that I really liked the way the game allowed you to attempt the objectives at the time of day of your choosing, not many games gave you that much freedom back then. Similar concept as the great escape, but that one was a lot more linear.

The game catches my attention, but he has the worst German accent I've ever heard.

Sound more like a farmer.

ps1_silent_bomber-120314.jpg

One of the best PlayStation games you’ve never played.

Silent Bomber is win but also it's mentioned in this type of thread every time, I barely feel like it's a forgotten game even if it's fairly niche.

When I was a kid I played Faery Tale Adventures on Mega Drive. I have very fond memories of it, but I've also never played it since then. It's sort of like Ultima or something. It was my first real RPG experience besides crap like Super Hydlide.

Also, I have fond memories of the game Corporation (aka Cyber-Cop in America), also on Mega Drive. It was a weird kind of... System Shock or Deus Ex style game, but also an extremely primitive FPS. It's a fascinating game but probably not really a good game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Silent Bomber is win but also it's mentioned in this type of thread every time, I barely feel like it's a forgotten game even if it's fairly niche.

When I was a kid I played Faery Tale Adventures on Mega Drive. I have very fond memories of it, but I've also never played it since then. It's sort of like Ultima or something. It was my first real RPG experience besides crap like Super Hydlide.

Also, I have fond memories of the game Corporation (aka Cyber-Cop in America), also on Mega Drive. It was a weird kind of... System Shock or Deus Ex style game, but also an extremely primitive FPS. It's a fascinating game but probably not really a good game.

Is it? Ha! I didn’t look, but I’m glad it’s not totally forgotten. I’d also say Ninja Five O but I’m sure that’s mentioned as well.

I guess if I had to go more obscure, it’d be something like the arcade game Food Fight.

Is it? Ha! I didn’t look, but I’m glad it’s not totally forgotten. I’d also say Ninja Five O but I’m sure that’s mentioned as well.

I guess if I had to go more obscure, it’d be something like the arcade game Food Fight.

I wasn't trying to denigrate you or your choice when I posted that, I think it's still relatively niche, but I see it posted so often in response to this kind of topic. Silent Bomber is *the* hidden gem of the PS1, to the point that I wonder if it is such a hidden gem anymore...

I need to replay it though. It's been a long time.

FeastYoEyes

Lv1vghZ.jpg

Spent a lot of time playing this on the Dreamcast. The scale of it is insane and would love to see a modern take on it.

ssringo

Kickmaster on NES. A friend and I rented it and spent all weekend playing it while listening to Twisted Sister's Stay Hungry record. Now these two are synonymous in my mind.

RVI808V.jpg
B2iaqMi.jpg

I was about to post this but it seems I beat myself to it by over 1.5 years.

Loved this little blue blob back in the day, there was something magical about it that I can't quite put my finger on. I just looked it up on Wikipedia to find out a bit more and I think this quote sums it up:

A Nintendo representative commented that Nintendo was "trying to stretch the kids' imaginations"

Mission accomplished, it did.

NKlsDSy.jpg

MetalRain

Codename: Outbreak. Shooter from 2001 kind of like smashup of Half Life and Delta Force.

Of course having catchy music always helps :D

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Loved this little blue blob back in the day, there was something magical about it that I can't quite put my finger on. I just looked it up on Wikipedia to find out a bit more and I think this quote sums it up:

A Nintendo representative commented that Nintendo was "trying to stretch the kids' imaginations"

Mission accomplished, it did.

NKlsDSy.jpg

Loved it back in the day. Trial and error all day

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yoo is that the point and click game where you are a little girl around some aquarium or something where you have to dive down?

It's really vague memories but I've been thinking about this game plenty of times but can't remember it's name.

By the way, I know most of these games in this thread.

Apparently I only remember games no one remembers lol.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
pktSPcz.jpg

most people know about the flash version, but not many people know about the superior Xbox Live Arcade/PS3 versions

I don't care how outrageous i sound, Fancy Pants is a masterpiece and as one of the first indie games it completely hit it out of the goddamn park, there hasn't been a game since that has replicated the absolute craziness and feeling of speed

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Heavy Cannon

This was a web-based java game. It was freaking fun, and I spent so much time on it when I was in high school decades ago.

maxresdefault.jpg

RoboFu

One of the green rats
TombsandTreasurebox.jpg

Controls are pretty clunky for modern times but everything about this game is captivating.

Yoo is that the point and click game where you are a little girl around some aquarium or something where you have to dive down?

It's really vague memories but I've been thinking about this game plenty of times but can't remember it's name.

By the way, I know most of these games in this thread.

Apparently I only remember games no one remembers lol.
its called treasure cove. Used to play on my dads laptop.

Top Bottom