• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post real things that look futuristic

Status
Not open for further replies.
gXxIXOB.jpg

Very cool, gives me SW:ESB vibes.
this thread is awesome.

DD

The North American Aviation XB-70 Valkyrie was the prototype of the B-70 nuclear-armed, deep-penetration strategic bomber for the Strategic Air Command of the U.S. Air Force. In the 1950s, the North American Aviation company designed the Valkyrie bomber as a large, six-engine aircraft capable of reaching Mach 3+ while flying at 70,000 feet (21,000 m), which velocity and altitude capabilities would allow the evasion of interceptor aircraft, then the only effective weapon against bomber aircraft.

In 1961, improved, high-altitude surface-to-air missiles (SAMs), the U.S. Air Force's doctrinal change to low-level penetration bombing, the large development costs of the B-70 program, and the introduction of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) to the U.S. nuclear arsenal, led to the cancellation of the B-70 program. As such, two prototype aircraft were built, and designated XB-70A; these aircraft were used for supersonic test-flights during 1964–69. In 1966, one prototype crashed after colliding in midair with a smaller jet aircraft; the remaining Valkyrie bomber is in the National Museum of the United States Air Force, in Ohio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_XB-70_Valkyrie

xb70ship119.jpg

xb-70_rear.jpg

xb70ship111.jpg

mantidor

Brazil's capital Brasilia is really, really odd. Awesome, but odd.

This is the congress.

800px-Brasilia_Congresso_Nacional_05_2007_221.jpg

Presidential palace

Palacio_Alvorada_commons.jpg

The freaking cathedral

800px-Catedral_metropol.jpg

It's a really cool hotel. Worth staying there. The pool is fantastic as well. The bar on top is awesome.

I'm sure it is, the interiors look fantastic (there's something sexy about all those curves).

But if they wanted to go with the nautical theme, they could have done something a bit more subtle then to put a frigging boat in the air. Still, the view must be amazing.

terrisus

Holy fuck! Why did I click that?!

I really need to start listening to GAF's warnings

Hey, I warned you >.>

Actually, heights don't bother me. It's if I'm standing on ground level with a huge building that I get sort of stressed out. As somebody who grew up in a suburb, cities are kind of an uncanny valley, which is why I don't like going to NYC.

That's interesting. Being at the bottom looking up doesn't bother me any.
But, being at the top in a space that's not fully enclosed... No thanks.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

This is the congress.

Presidential palace

The freaking cathedral

Contrasting it with the favelas that they ran away from under the guise of modernity and centralization helps me understand why people are increasingly becoming pissed off as the decades wear on.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
But this is still the GOAT:

We have a fucking space station. It never ceases to blow me away. When we work together, humans can really kick some major ass.
That's probably one of only a few images posted that doesn't look futuristic. Spoiled by Stars (Trek and Wars).

Jasup

This is the congress.

Presidential palace

The freaking cathedral

Brasilia is one of my favourite examples of this. It's not only about the individual architecture, but the whole city is completely planned and built using the modernist principles.

brasiliai3u9x.jpg

aerea2006ai7u3r.jpg

Pejo

What an awesome idea for a thread. I love looking at all of the cool shit that humans can come up with. Also, that BMW i8 is sexy as hell....

Mistel

Banned
Ford Nucleon:
253371-1000-0i8ukz.jpg

It is a concept model of a nuclear powered car from the 50's so there a fair bit of futurism within the design itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom