• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post t-shirts with subtle but cool designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzNKev

Banned
And, no offense to people that only wear video game shirts, but video game shirts are really becoming a tired trend. I appreciate designers doing something different with them.

What exactly do you mean by video game shirts, and what about them is a trend? I assume you mean shirts with a triforce on them or something referential like that.

The video game shirts I wear are almost always just the game's logo. All I want to say with a game shirt is, "I like this game." I don't really want to say anything thoughtful with my clothes, I don't feel that it's an appropriate way to communicate things like that. If I'm going to say anything more than "I like this game," I want you to talk to me, not my clothes.

ciD_Vain

explosions in the sky has some good t-shirts
XPCT02.JPG

http://explosionsinthesky.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=10280_10301

Life of Pi?

kid ness

What exactly do you mean by video game shirts, and what about them is a trend? I assume you mean shirts with a triforce on them or something referential like that.

The video game shirts I wear are almost always just the game's logo. All I want to say with a game shirt is, "I like this game." I don't really want to say anything thoughtful with my clothes, I don't feel that it's an appropriate way to communicate things like that. If I'm going to say anything more than "I like this game," I want you to talk to me, not my clothes.
Clothes are a form of expression. I think it was you in a previous thread that posted you only wear plain clothes from Wal-mart, and there's nothing wrong with that. But looking down on people who choose to wear nicer clothes with more intimate designs, as the tone of most of your posts suggests, really isn't healthy.

It's a t-shirt man, it's not supposed to inspire great thought. Lighten up.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
All it says to me is that you're afraid to openly express that you like something so you opt with a "deeper meaning" version full of stuff that's never implied to get people to like it.

Just liking video games? Not cool.

Make it about addiction and death? Suddenly cool. Because that's totally what Pac-Man was about.

What in the hell? That is utterly not what that image implies or says. It's a humorous overdramatic backstory for the Pac-Man gameplay. The astronaut in yellow is either hallucinating or is actually haunted by the other astronauts because they died due to yellow's actions. The "power pellets" are anti-anxiety drugs that allow him to "fight back" against them. It's the gameplay of Pac-Man summed up in an absurd sci-fi/horror drawing.

I'm not sure where you're getting this "not okay to like videogames" reading, but it ain't from the shirt. It's a way of looking at something completely familiar in a new or surprising way, not an indictment of the coolness of retro arcade titles.

I am actually wearing that shirt right now.

Wolfe

You need to get a grip dude, just cause you have these issues with not wanting your clothing to "say something thoughtful" doesn't mean everyone else does, hell I'm sure to most people that buy these shirts it's just cause they like the design. Hell I bet that is the main reason 99% of the time "oh hey that looks cool!", then they buy it.

All it says to me is that you're afraid to openly express that you like something so you opt with a "deeper meaning" version full of stuff that's never implied to get people to like it.

Just liking video games? Not cool.

Make it about addiction and death? Suddenly cool. Because that's totally what Pac-Man was about.

What? It's just a clever idea. You're the one who is thinking too much.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
51lCU%2BtfXkL._SL1250_.jpg

I'm wearing this t-shirt today. It's so 'subtle' that many people don't get it. They ask me, "Why do you hate theatre?" :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
not to be a hater but man there are not a lot of actually subtle shirts on here. the explosions in the sky ones i would consider if they actually said explosions in the sky. nomas-nyc has some ones i would consider pretty subtle and nice. and actually in the neogaf ones there are a lot of good subtle ones imo. it's not easy finding good shirts from a variety of places because most things are either just designer stuff, which is typically tacky or logo-y, blatant jokes, or just affliction-type stuff. i'd love to find more sites that offer pretty low-key shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom