• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your favorite Custom PS3 Themes - One last Hurrah

So I noticed the last thread for this was a few years old and most the links were dead so I thought I'd start a new one.

Post your favorite official or custom ps3 themes.

Please post download links (or playstation store links) to your favorites.

I'm currently using this one:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...heme/cid=UP9000-NPUA81240_00-20THANNITHEME001

Leynos

I love the dynamic Sega Genesis theme. I put it on, and haven't wanted to change it for a couple of years now.

maxresdefault.jpg

There are several backgrounds, and it looks like someone is actually playing the game. I am trying to find a link on the Sony website, but either I'm an idiot, or it doesn't exist there anymore.

JSoup

Banned
I love the dynamic Sega Genesis theme. I put it on, and haven't wanted to change it for a couple of years now.

maxresdefault.jpg

There are several backgrounds, and it looks like someone is actually playing the game. I am trying to find a link on the Sony website, but either I'm an idiot, or it doesn't exist there anymore.

So, that one. Do you happen to remember what it's called? I downloaded it a while back, it's still on my account somewhere, but I can't find it in the store.

JSoup

Banned
I am trying to find a link on the Sony website, but either I'm an idiot, or it doesn't exist there anymore.

I just went over my entire download history twice and finally found it. It's image is gone from my list and it link off to an error page, so it looks like it's gone.
Edit: Ok, I'm seeing comments all over about how it's no longer available unless you've already downloaded it. I found it by pulling up my PS3 download list (on system) and going through everything until it came up. Given the window it was free to PSN+ users, that should be late 2011 for most people.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It genuinely bothers me how 95% of PS3/PS4 themes are unusable because the creator didn't even bother to make sure either text is readable or icons are recognizable.

I mean, fuck. What kind of lazy graphic designer is shitting these things onto the store?
Have a low-opacity black banner behind the icons or something, or have the text pop out a little. Nope. White text on a busy, bright-ass background.

Frustrates the hell out of me.

delSai

maxresdefault.jpg

I liked this one alot as well. I think i got it for free with PS+?

The one i used the most was the Yakuza 4 theme.

Theme-Screen2.png

It showed the 4 playable characters, i believe it was called "The 4 Men of Yakuza 4"?
Unfortunately, my Ps3 resets it's clock everytime i turn it off and the themes don't stay.
The Ps4 is missing a theme i really care about, i use the Skullgirls one at the moment because the music is nice.

-GJ-

Came for the Corn Love theme. Was a little bit disappointed that it wasn't the first reply, but I'm stil satisfied.

SxP

I used the flower theme for years. Still kinda hold out hope that they'll make a similar theme for PS4.

oMZXAtq.jpg

It genuinely bothers me how 95% of PS3/PS4 themes are unusable because the creator didn't even bother to make sure either text is readable or icons are recognizable.

I mean, fuck. What kind of lazy graphic designer is shitting these things onto the store?
Have a low-opacity black banner behind the icons or something, or have the text pop out a little. Nope. White text on a busy, bright-ass background.

Frustrates the hell out of me.

This is why I'm still using the default theme...

KiraXD

I used to make dozens of PS3 themes myself... my favorite one i made was a custom Death Note Theme... was actually quite popular around the time i released it too... so much so, everyone stole my XMB icons and layout for it XD

xL49mMo.png

(finished icons)
8esmQzd.png

i added a changing background to it later... unfortunately i dont have any of the original files left.

KhFiIFa.jpg

Download it here
http://www.psu.com/theme/1094/Death-Note

Top Bottom