• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your guilty pleasure songs.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I sat down to think of some specific songs that come to mind when I think of this topic. This one jumped out to me.

EDIT: Oh my god I am getting highschool flashbacks with that thumbnail and their hair. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

It’s a banger tho…

I’LL DIE ON THIS HILL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

I will not judge. Another song I enjoy for example.

Everyone on this planet enjoys some cringey music or media of some kind. No one is free of their own preferences. The only difference is that some people are willing to own their cringiness and joke about it instead of hiding it.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

I don't feel guilty about anything I enjoy. Get on my level.
giphy.gif

Nobody_Important

While I am admitting to my love affair with Lady Gaga. Another song of hers I like.

I think my enjoyment of her is based loosely on my love of female led Trance and House music in general though. There is something about a female singer and bombastic surroundings that I vibe with.

EDIT: Also Lady Gaga is hot. I'm sure that has some affect as well.

Last edited:

Banned

BASICALLY, Nickleback in general... I love cheesy rock like that

in the same category, basically all the Crush 40 songs from Sonic
like 7 Rings in Hand

Last edited:

Relativ9

I know this isn't in the same spirit as a lot of the other songs/bands on this list, but to me this is a bit of a guilty pleasure since it's not the kind of metal I'd typically enjoy, and the vocalist looks "strange" for lack of a better word.

I'm really not a big screamo fan, so when I was first made aware of Bring Me The Horizon through the song above (algorythms figured I'd like something MGS related I guess) I was at first quite turned off, but fuck me if Bring Me The Horizon isn't the exception, fucking love this band now. They manage to be heavy as fuck, while encorperating nu-metal style elements, electronica, and the afformentioned screamo vocals. Parasite Eve (big theme of gaming related titles with them) is also fantastic.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

I know this isn't in the same spirit as a lot of the other songs/bands on this list, but to me this is a bit of a guilty pleasure since it's not the kind of metal I'd typically enjoy, and the vocalist looks "strange" for lack of a better word.

I'm really not a big screamo fan, so when I was first made aware of Bring Me The Horizon through the song above (algorythms figured I'd like something MGS related I guess) I was at first quite turned off, but fuck me if Bring Me The Horizon isn't the exception, fucking love this band now. They manage to be heavy as fuck, while encorperating nu-metal style elements, electronica, and the afformentioned screamo vocals. Parasite Eve (big theme of gaming related titles with them) is also fantastic.

A friend's daughter introduced me to their music a few years ago. Bandname caught my attention as Ancient Egyptian inspired. Didn't pursue the recommendation then.
Since then their name has popped up in few stranger circles.
Didn't realize they wrote a few songs about video game stories too. They did a great job. It's like Iron Maiden has with literature.
Not hearing any diminished impact or limiting room for the listener's interpretation from the material. Vocalist style seems inspired by Bennington.

Might just be a new guilty favourite.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
This thread is getting better than the main music thread. So much pretentious crap in there.

Loope

I have to say, i'm a huge metal fan, harcore, rock, punk etc. and i was a singer on an hardcore band, so this one will come out of the left field. Something about it makes me want to dance, or perhaps is the sexy women in the video i don't know hahah.

Dr.Morris79

I know nobody listening to something like this. Most don't even know the name of the groups, maybe Modern Talking because Dieter Bohlen is still famous, but the rest is completely unknown to them, even in my age group.
My son, who is eleven, has had a fixation on 80's music for years (probably from me playing it quite a bit, amongst other stuff), Modern talking is one of his favourites. There is nothing like bombing down the M25 with Modern talking blaring over the sound system..

He also likes Rick astley, which I blame his mum for.

I always bang this on..

I suppose adding my guilty pleasure song would help :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

belmarduk

I mean this song is #1 in the US right now. I must've listened to it over a thousand times.. Its a guilty pleasure because Bieber is in it.. but through the sheer volume of music he puts out.. there are some real gems in his catalogue!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Guilty pleasure?
Ummm
I like these two songs by Mandy Moore

I probably just like Mandy Moore actually as I only ever listen to them with the video🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom