• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

cabottemp

Banned
deadmeadow88 said:
Been designing and mish-mashing today. Looking to get this done in October. Any feedback greatly appreciated! It's all saved as layers, so I can move things, change things...

303532_10150258269796582_694291581_8025732_6785643_n.jpg

Diamond Eyes, Self Titled, and White Pony are my favorite albums by them. Good choices!!!

Kozak

Banned
Yo Tattoo guys. I really am considering a tattoo and actually think it will look great but the only thing I'm worried about is placement and size.

Thm100140_P1040426.JPG

Similar to this except not at all. Mine would be that non-coloured ink filled up. I want it at a 45 degree angle pointing downwards and a bit larger.

Is there any way to muck around with angles, sizes before getting an actual tattoo?

Kozak said:
Is there any way to muck around with angles, sizes before getting an actual tattoo?

Any artist worth his salt would do a proper stencil before going anywhere near your skin. They then make an imprint on your skin (that's easily removable) so you can evaluate things like size/angle, then you can go from there.

Kato

walbertsmith said:
Any artist worth his salt would do a proper stencil before going anywhere near your skin. They then make an imprint on your skin (that's easily removable) so you can evaluate things like size/angle, then you can go from there.

Mine drew it freestyle on my back with a pen. After that made pictures, mailed them to me. Let me soak on it for a couple of weeks. Making adjustments where and I how I wanted them, then made the carbon copy and started working only when I was ready and fine with the freestyle pen example.

ElectricBlanketFire said:
This thread has me convinced:

NEVER get a tattoo.

Well if you have doubts threads like these can help your decision one way or another. When you finally made the decision to get one you cross a point of no return.. Yeah well there is a return but it is painful or so i've heard. Although not so painful as getting the tattoo hammered in the old way :) Or getting raped over and over by a Mag 9 .. D:

eXistor

Mortrialus said:
Not mine but a friend's. He has a really awesome Frank Zappa tattoo.

n679566279_3150887_3135340.jpg
Amazing.

PumpkinPie said:
A new tattoo studio just opened up near me, thought I'd check it out to see if it was any good...I think the results speak for themselves:

...you actually had these put on your body for the rest of your life, just to see if the studio was any good?

Kato

eXistor said:
Amazing.

...you actually had these put on your body for the rest of your life, just to see if the studio was any good?

Well seeing as the images link to the studio I am guessing he just checked out examples of the artist and came away not really impressed :D If not... nah.. I stand by my first guess... <_<

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have an actual tattoo artist on NeoGAF? I have an idea, but I have no sense whatsoever of tattoo design. Basically it's a lot of nerdy stuff, symbols etc incorporated in one big arm tattoo. It would be great, if there would be someone who has a few ideas how to pull that off in a way that actually looks cool, I have no idea how to assemble such a thing.

Just got started on my Batman piece. Both photos were taken the day of the work, Harley is now to the left of Poison

Two weeks ago- Poison Ivy

4uj8qw.jpg

Yesterday- Harley Quinn. Her gun wraps toward the back of my arm sticking out of the panel.
2j35wfc.jpg

SUPREME1

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Just got started on my Batman piece. Both photos were taken the day of the work, Harley is now to the left of Poison

Two weeks ago- Poison Ivy

4uj8qw.jpg

Yesterday- Harley Quinn. Her gun wraps toward the back of my arm sticking out of the panel.
2j35wfc.jpg

Orginal artist?

Jim Lee?

t0mp

243kd4y.jpg

back view:
357j1ax.jpg

front view:
rv8x0n.jpg

inside/underarm?
206e7sy.jpg

it's getting there. pretty damn close, just a few more little spots to fill in.

edit: fuck the pics are pretty big, my bad.
edit2: some parts were touched up, hence the fresh black. he did a lot of the color yesterday

Finally started my Genesis/SNES sleeve! Still need to color/shade tails, add the explosion behind Dr. Robotnik, and color/shade the rings, but I couldn't be happier with this section!

Following this, Sonic's blue goes into Sub-Zero and the yellow from the rings goes into Scorpion from mortal kombat, which fades into a great Altered Beast segment. Further down, Ganon, Link, and bowser pop up. Finally leading into Mario, Luigi, peach, and toad.

The filler between everything is Sonic's rings which eventually turn into Mario's coins. Then near my wrist, we are going to fade it into a pixelated look, as if you plugged a NES cartridge into a NES wrong, which fades into nothing.

I'M SO EXCITED. BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THIS.

MJBep.jpg

uv0Xz.jpg

(3 1/2 hour session. Sorry for the horrible pics, using my mac for quickness.)

If I get a tattoo on my arm or my back, and then start going to the gym and getting muscles and bulking up, will the tattoo be ruined? Im thinking of getting one, but I just started going to gym so I dont want to ruin it

batbeg

It's been well over a year since my first tattoo and I'm really getting the itch for a new one (who am I kidding, that itch never left). I'm just struggling so badly with which one to get :( I've had a couple planned out since before my first, but I kind of want to be hit by the epiphany like I did the first time.

Urrgh I want more ink.

If I get a tattoo on my arm or my back, and then start going to the gym and getting muscles and bulking up, will the tattoo be ruined? Im thinking of getting one, but I just started going to gym so I dont want to ruin it

I've used this to explain to people why I can't feasibly visit a gym.

(I don't know)

Raistlin

Ha I got confused skimming through this page. Seeing the black muscle shirt, for a second I thought duk had tattooed over his blessed mother :p

Anyway, that's pretty cool.

Qasiel

That looks awesome, ohhthegore!

Once I'm back from my snowboarding trip I'm looking at getting more work done to my sleeve. It's been a while, due to Xmas restraints, but my arm's feeling "the itch"!

Sallokin

Does Florida GAF have any recommendations for shops in the Orlando area? Still a bit new to the state and there are simply too many shops to realistically check out.

noah111

Still Alive
Fuck it. I'm going to make a promise right here and now. Within two years, I will have a tattoo of the NeoGAF logo somewhere on my body. It's going to happen, as soon as I hit the states, preferably.

A little less inlflamed ;)

TyveK.jpg

That is bonkers for a 2nd tat but looks good thank god! and people thought I was nuts for getting a half sleeve for my first! 12 hours of fun in the chair haha

Oh I thought I posted the finished version (page 15 or so has it half done) thats weird. Guess Ill get on that now.

pmfx8.jpg

andycapps

That is bonkers for a 2nd tat but looks good thank god! and people thought I was nuts for getting a half sleeve for my first! 12 hours of fun in the chair haha

Oh I thought I posted the finished version (page 15 or so has it half done) thats weird. Guess Ill get on that now.

pmfx8.jpg
You did 12 hours in one sitting? I can't remember what I've posted in here, this thread moves so slow. Planning on finishing out one of my sleeves in the next month. Definitely getting several big pieces, the filler may have to wait til some other time. Artist is so slow but very good.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I finally got my tattoo :)

307286_10150320888986582_694291581_8427657_1407615695_n.jpg

T9Qr7.jpg

Planning my next already.

Wow, that is so cool. Very ballsy of you with the other one on your chest too, have you got it colored yet?

My wife is getting her Tara MacPherson tattoo colored next week, I'll post pics when it's done.

I really want to get a lower arm sleeve (partly to cover/incorporate a pretty rubbish old tribal tatt) but I never know what I want. I really don't connect with any of the tattoo classics like Japanese style or ladies or what have you. I'd love to get something comic-booky but then again I think I'd look a tit with a picture of a superhero on me.

Maybe something like this -
SethFisher_VertigoPop.jpg

although this strikes me more of a shoulder piece.

Top Bottom