• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

Drain You

I don't understand why people go to ghetto 'Tattoo artists'. if you're going to get something permanently sketched on your body, it might as well be high quality.

Eh I let my buddy who decided it was a good idea to buy a tattoo gun off the internet try it out on me. Figured why the hell not really. Got it on my thigh so it wouldn't be seen clothed. Didn't come out half bad actually I'll try and find a pic. Also by "ghetto" I am just going to assume you mean "not getting a tattoo in a quality establishment" or some shit like that.

Edit: Not the best picture, but it didn't come out so bad for a first tattoo someone did :p

58G84wF.jpg

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why people get prison tats. I mean, if you're going to get something permanently etch-a-sketch'd on your body, may as well visit a pro.

Drain You

But look at the detail in the money symbol on that skulls cap. You can almost make out the two lines going through it. There is no way that artist is inexperienced.

Was thinking of getting the Bad Religion logo tattooed on my femur bone.

What does GAF think of that?

The cross buster. Hmmm..As a long time BR fan I'm not exactly sure I'd get that. Whether people know the story behind it or not, it's pretty much super offensive to people (I mean, Graffin himself has said they came up with the idea at 18 to piss people off...so while it's been intellectualized, it's really just a teenage idea to piss others off). I think in the long run you'd regret it..Though for a good BR idea, I'll give you what I was going to do...Maybe I'll still do it.

Use the cover of Greg Graffin's first album American Lesion...It's provacative, a BR reference, and unless someone is completely patriotic (then fuck'em anyways), it's not that offensive.

Stet

Banned
All healed up! Photos courtesy of the artist, Alie K. in Toronto.

tumblr_miwrvyfdEI1qzl1wjo1_500.jpg

Can't even tell it's a cover-up.

This is the first shot of the progress, with the cover-up in that tentacle area there.

tumblr_m0yggkpgtz1qzl1wjo1_500.jpg

29uzomf.jpg

Got this done yesterday, the koi still needs colouring and the leaves need finishing, but very happy with what I have so far. 4 hour session, my ninth tat overall and first one in nearly five years. Feels good to be back! The start of what will eventually be a Japanese sleeve.

Gritesh

Just got this little piece started yesterday, going full color, the background is going to be tanned like an old map including the compass.

Pretty excited for it, its my second biggest piece, all my tattoos are in spots that can easily be concealed with standard clothing for career purposes, nobody except for those close to me even know I'm tattoo'd

IMG_0601_zps44bf2afe.jpg

andycapps

Just got this little piece started yesterday, going full color, the background is going to be tanned like an old map including the compass.

Pretty excited for it, its my second biggest piece, all my tattoos are in spots that can easily be concealed with standard clothing for career purposes, nobody except for those close to me even know I'm tattoo'd

IMG_0601_zps44bf2afe.jpg
Looks sweet. Post pictures when shading and coloring is done. My tattoos are all concealable. I work a corporate job and wear long sleeves every day so I don't have to worry about forearm tattoos being a problem. No job stoppers on my hands or neck or stuff like that.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
edit: Of course now I feel like a gigantic pussy for complaining at all thanks to this guy ^^^

Got this done recently.
Hurt, but not as bad as I thought it would, and still not as bad as the ribs.
It definitely has inspired me to start working out a bit though, I discovered I have zero chest muscle. Just bone and skin.

tzEtIoI.jpg

Higgy

Before
KQ9yp2A.jpg

After: Going the Halloween route with a spooky tree, cats, spiders, and mist (in progress)
ojmreK0.jpg

self explanatory
XmNu36e.jpg

I also have one on the inside of my lip "FTW," and a little intricate design on my back which will one day be embellished.

I really need to sniff your pant legs.

IMG_0601_zps44bf2afe.jpg

Great start, how long did it take? Keen to see the end result.

Gritesh

Thanks for the comments.

I sat for just over four hours to get the outlining done.
The shop was closed and we worked another 30 minutes or so on it, but it was Friday night and my artist wanted to go home to his daughter.

I'm not even going to lie, I was so grateful the shop closed, I was getting really sore and wanted out of that chair in a hurry.

Next appointment isn't until June 5, but I will make sure to post updates as it goes!

33454a48965c11e28abf22000a1f9bf5_7.jpg

Got my koi coloured yesterday, this is from my artists Instagram page. One more sitting for colouring the lotus on my inner wrist and adding some background inside and the bottom half of my arm will be done. Then onto the top.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
One more session and this one is done.
0df313549e6f11e292b622000a1fb73b_7.jpg

She likes foxes, I like metal gear. It works.
65854f609ebf11e2876222000a9f0a1b_7.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Gaf what's the name of category of traditional japanese tattoos with oni characters and hannya masks and stuff like that? I just want to call them "yakuza tattoos" but I'm taking for granted that that's not the correct term.

obin_gam

First one I got, right shoulder
DZKloQo.jpg

Second one, right upper forearm (sorry for the terrible pic hehe, old camera)
EsNB7Sn.jpg

Third one, left under forearm (my favourite)
7jMvrGv.jpg

I want a fourth one sometime in the future, one the left shoulder. Thinking of some kind of pin-up.

Top Bottom