• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

.hacked

Went to Las Vegas this week for a pet expo (opening a small pet boutique in a few weeks) and I got my 1st tattoo done. Got it done at Starlight Tattoo.

mHnfcexl.jpg

My fav pup Homer.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
1st and fresh tattoo
GCopWOP.jpg

After my brother took the plunge in Vegas I decided to man up and get one. I like Bleach but more importantly I love the look of this symbol.

Here's a bunch of the work I've had done within the past year and a half. I'm still trying to nail down a design for my 9th :D

Amazing work. Great taste in both subjects and artists. Wow.

Care to post the artist name(s) and locations? They seriously deserve the exposure.

decaf

Wtf, is that real?? Is that your first tattoo? Blimey. What do you do for a living?

Yup.

Officially unemployed today after a five year contract in Japan. My hair covers it just fine and the best thing about it is I can still use Japanese gyms if I ever come back as it's easily covered up.

Yup. Officially unemployed today after a five year contract in Japan. My hair covers it just fine and the best thing about it is I can still use Japanese gyms and spas as it's easily covered up.

Fair enough, I guess if you can cover it that's ok. That must've hurt like fuck though! You're a brave man.

Oh, and it is very good work.

RSP

Ongoing Nintendo Sleeve

Dude, I don't want to bring you down or anything, but the placement of these are really weird. Perhaps it's a good idea to go to another tattoo parlor with your wishes to see if they have some ideas to make one cool piece out of it?

decaf

Fair enough, I guess if you can cover it that's ok. That must've hurt like fuck though! You're a brave man.

Oh, and it is very good work.

Hurt a lot less than I'd expected! I'd liken it to cat scratches. I've had head injections before and have back pain quite often though, so I might just have a higher threshold. I did almost freak out when I took the bandage off and spilt a pool of blood everywhere though.

Very pleased with it. Pretty jelly of your Dream and Jesse tats!

FOOTE

I am new to tattoos. Can anyone tell me how much would a tattoo like this cost(size and detail)?
Costs vary from artist to artist. The one you posted would a expensive though no doubt. Do some research on local artists and set up a consultation with one you believe can pull it off the way you want. They should be able to let you know how much and how many sessions you can expect to have.

Good luck.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
This was my tat before (terribly done, spotty, bad lines etc)
8oifYhJ.jpg

This is my tat after finally getting it fixed up
y9Jt1WT.jpg

Very happy.

I'm going to do something similar (I don't have kids yet but plan on it, so I'm leaving a blank spot on the arm)

I was wanting to do 2 bears down below my elbow to represent me and my spouse, both looking up into the night sky (on my shoulder) at the Ursa Major and Ursa minor bear constellations (to symbolize our eternity). In between I wanted to do something for each kid that we have in the future....probably a different bird or animal in the sky between the other 2 pieces.

I'm going to represent them through symbolism rather than words.

Finally got started on this Friday night. My artist did the first of the 2 bears on my forearm. Next appointment is in 2 weeks. The flowers below the bear are supposed to be Colorado tansy Asters to represent my baby girl (her middle name is Aster). The guy did an amazing job putting my idea to reality. I couldn't really get a great photo to do it justice because of the curvature of my arm and the weird position I was in trying to take my own photos of myself, but here's the best I could get.

IMGP5767.jpg

IMGP5768.jpg

waxer

Started what will be steampunk sleeve yesterday. Needs a little more work done on owl and the background to make the head pop, as well as a big flourish below before starting on some clockwork. Bad pic as things like the eyes are shaded dark to light.
Cant see all the white highlighting on top of head feathers in photo either till the darker background goes on.

Im stocked so far.

QclfR0T.jpg

7threst

Not the best pics but ok...

I have the logo's of Black Flag and Chumbawamba on my right shoulder.

This one on my leg. I wanted a kilt-wearing bagpipe-player but just a normal bagpipe player seemed boring so I looked through the art of Holbein for a medieval black death skeleton, picked one while I was also inspired by the skeletons on the second album of The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath a Cloud, and combined that with a bagpipe and a kilt.

I had this idea of a Keltic dragon with the body of a Chinese dragon so I searched for some designs and had a friend combine these into one. After that I wanted the color red for the dragon. The artist finished it with a typical 'tatooish' tail.

I always liked the music, the logo and the message of Operation Ivy so I wanted their 'Unity'-logo on my back.

T.O.P

Banned
Booked my next tattoo for the 17th, pretty psyched for this one

The dude who'll do this said that it could be a problem to try a 1:1 approach on the skull's teeth because of the size (practically the image above on a A4 print) so he would have tried a little more stylized look

Next monday i'll see the sketch for it, hope it's good

waxer

Looks sweet. Tattoos are personal. I wouldnt worry so much about is or isnt feminine so much and more about getting a good piece by a good artist. Having said that it would suit a guy or girl IMO if that is what your worried about.

Part 2 of the sleeve. This other bear is supposed to represent my wife, the first one was for me. I stuck in a picture I took of just the outline during a break in the session before he finished it with the color and shading.
IMG_20130909_191329.jpg

IMGP5780.jpg

endre

Hey guys, my tattoos aren't that interesting, but I would like to post a few works of my brother. He is a part time tattoo artist, part time ER surgeon.

Voila:

gn3SooW.jpg

qyJXg1y.jpg

PxdHnZ6.jpg

Futureman

does anyone have experience with tattoo removal?

basically I'm thinking of getting two of these Fs removed (the two closest to my elbow), and then do something else over the other two Fs, but that would be in future.

any idea on a cost of removing a small black tattoo like this?

tat.jpg

Session 3 Complete: Got 4 more bears in the background, 1 each for my father, mother, brother and sister. We also started the mountain backdrop. I used a reference image of the first 14er mountain I climbed in Colorado. My artist brought in a handful of Bob Ross paintings to use as inspiration for some of the landscape, trees etc.
image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-3.jpg

Doomsayer

Almost finished the first half of the tattoo. I still have to get the flowers colored and the inside of my arm done. Coming along nicely though.

I have an appointment with Josh Duffy in January. Extremely excited about that, anyone in San Pedro (or SoCal) know anyone with work from him?

waxer

2nd part done. Get an eye under the arm then rest a while and resume in a few months.
cant see all up the back in this pic. Ill have to get a better one up once healed.
CM2tGFP.jpg

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
This is great work. Who is your artist?

Session 3 Complete: Got 4 more bears in the background, 1 each for my father, mother, brother and sister. We also started the mountain backdrop. I used a reference image of the first 14er mountain I climbed in Colorado. My artist brought in a handful of Bob Ross paintings to use as inspiration for some of the landscape, trees etc.
image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-3.jpg

Someone said I should post this here in another thread, so here I am! About 25+ hours in. The outlines for the second half were done about a month ago and were done pretty light, to allow for changes when we color em in. I think Zelda will be thrown in somewhere too and behind Ganon, his Pig form will be forming in the shadows.

Sorry for the shitty pics, colors are much more vibrant than they appear, kinda awkward to take by myself haha. Sorry for the Pic 'spolsion!

H7i62uV.jpg

kNeEhxz.jpg

dfSGdzG.jpg

DiPiCdu.jpg

HkXu4rf.jpg

vR8zjb8.jpg

1TMVBAC.jpg

fDAaLgm.jpg

Q5ESl3y.jpg

qeNjvk7.jpg

ngower

In order of my getting them:

New England Revolution MLS team; Imperial insignia from Star Wars; the states I've lived in; clipper ship; pin-up guy; Harold from Harold & Maude; the house from Terrence Malick's Days of Heaven/Andrew Wyeth's 'Christine's World.

Loxley

2nd part done. Get an eye under the arm then rest a while and resume in a few months.
cant see all up the back in this pic. Ill have to get a better one up once healed.
CM2tGFP.jpg

From a shear technical perspective, that is one gorgeous tattoo. The linework and value are impeccable, I imagine that must have cost a pretty penny.

Lazyslob

Banned
Almost finished the first half of the tattoo. I still have to get the flowers colored and the inside of my arm done. Coming along nicely though.

I have an appointment with Josh Duffy in January. Extremely excited about that, anyone in San Pedro (or SoCal) know anyone with work from him?

That's cool, man. Looks like a Baroness album cover, haha. Getting a rose done on my inner forearm soon. Will post other pictures of my other tattoos later as well.

Doomsayer

That's cool, man. Looks like a Baroness album cover, haha. Getting a rose done on my inner forearm soon. Will post other pictures of my other tattoos later as well.

Nice call, it's actually a piece from John Dyer Baizley, the vocalist/guitarist of Baroness!

I did the inner part of my arm - next I have to get them tied together so to say... I think I'm going to do some black/grey stuff on my lower forearm and have some portrait roses fill in the gaps.

It's still healing, but I'll get pics soon.

EDIT: Holy thread resurrection.

waxer

From a shear technical perspective, that is one gorgeous tattoo. The linework and value are impeccable, I imagine that must have cost a pretty penny.

Thanks. Im about 1500US in now with the eye semi done. Im really happy with his work.

Need to get this finished as well as join all the top arm together
p8uvfvs.jpg

ZChMO5M.jpg

Just got it done yesterday. My guy went NUTS. I think it was because it was his birthday..and w're really good friends haha. It came out phenomenally. Couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom