• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential future Assassin's Creed settings hinted at in AC4 email

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
How about you take a year off Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft?

I would say there's franchise fatigue, but dammit, people just gobble it up.

BigDug13

Would be cool if they did one that was late 19th century/turn of the 20's century Korea and Manchuria. You've got Russians, Chinese, Japanese all fighting over that area.

ViciousDS

Banned
Would be cool if they did one that was late 19th century/turn of the 20's century Korea and Manchuria. You've got Russians, Chinese, Japanese all fighting over that area.

Reason the chinese one would be awesome is because guns would be gone if done in the right time period............our assassin would have a badass bow!

ButchCat

A hippie assassin would prove to be the most challenging of the bunch and funnily might be the best choice for the longevity of the franchise, rinsing and repeating the same formula will not work in the COLD WAR.

assassin__s_weed_by_poulesh-d59du85.png

Albo

I'm one of the few hoping for a first civilisation setting. It would make sense story wise as someone could go back to that era to
figure out how to stop juno (as was hinted at in AC3 IIRC)
and it would certainly provide a fresh approach to the usual historical AC setting with its unique, retro- futuristic looking architecture and new gameplay opportunities with advanced technology. The story in the era has always intrigued me with the little they've drop fed throughout the series, they've left a lot shrouded in mystery t and the glimpses we've seen of the setting has look beautiful.

I feel it'll inevitably happen but towards the end of the series (lol, never happening) or more likely the end of the main present day story arc. Haven't played AC4 yet so not sure how the modern story arc has progressed, if at all. I don' imagine a first civ idea would be as easily marketable as as an other of their ideas however. Maybe then don't set the whole game there, but have parts of it set there with the usual historic setting.

VXLbeast

Egypt sounds cool. I'd like to watch that gameplay.

If it's Japan? I might actually play that game.

Edit: Taiwan would be awesome as well.

Top Bottom