• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Drive 2000 Kickstarter. the Blood Dragon start screen with talking 80s Car.

Awesome! That went much faster in the end than I was expecting!
Thanks GAF for bringing this game to my attention and everyone in this thread for spreading the word!

I'm looking forward to following the development of this game (and of Formula Fusion as well).

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow! This game! The demo is clearly early but there's some decent handling and obviously it looks great. Glad to see it hit the mark, hopefully he wasn't setting the bar too low and it can actually get progress just making it by the smallest margins.

Holy mother of god... it made it?
Really???? YEEEEEEEEES!

I would have bet money that it would fail.
They deserve my money. Game looks awesome.
The soundtrack alone..... Jesus ^_^

Been watching this since the beginning.

Economy could be better at the moment so I haven't really been able to back it yet. Really happy to see that it's made it. It really nails the 80 scifi intro logo look that it's going for perfectly.

jett

D-Member
Almost at 50.000 right now! And the developer announced he will be looking into steering wheel support!

NuEx9bo.gif

Where my power glove support at tho

Nokterian

Glad to see it funded with that amazing synthwave artists i will buy it the moment it is on steam and it looks glorious!

shaowebb

For those who missed it THESE are the bands on the soundtrack to this glorious tribute to the Neon fantasies of the 1980's

h#shdem0n

I love all this '80s revival, New Retro Wave stuff. I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but I might check this out (assuming it has gamepad support).

Sound track looks good, but it needs some Perturbator asap.

shaowebb

I love all this '80s revival, New Retro Wave stuff. I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but I might check this out (assuming it has gamepad support).

Sound track looks good, but it needs some Perturbator asap.

In that case enjoy this awesome band called Sellorekt/LA dreams

So many albums, all great, and their best of is a pay what you want thing.

Also enjoy this online radio station for this kind of stuff to find more bands
http://driveradio.be/

Us 80's synth folk gotta stick together.

shaowebb

Man...I need to get some DJ lights to hook to my speakers for when I play this game. Just saw that stuff done to a shmup and it was crazy. Be perfect for this :)

Komo

Banned
I'm actually very pleasantly surprised that this game made it.

At first I wasn't very interested (somewhat tired of all the 80s-inspired media) but it really does look fun, and the soundtrack is fantastic

Few days old now but I was confused seeing outdrive on steam, it was greenlit rather quickly too, like less then a week.

I have yet to play it (not sure that I will) but just the video alone makes the car handling look rough and boring.

Got the email the other day and forgot to bump the thread: as a synthwave/80s freak I can't wait.

Love the 80s resurgence, from both gaming and music.

Top Bottom