• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Rangers Twitch Marathon |OT2| BLBLBLBLBL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legit can't imagine how epic this must have been watching as a kid

Had the thing on VHS when I was little, watched the hell out of it again and again. Was somehow never able to catch the start of the series, so the clip show was actually really useful to me.

Effect

It doesn't need to even be dark, there just needs to be some thought and effort put into writing/planning. They no longer have the excuse of being tied to whatever the footage dictates.

Exactly. Just don't treat your audience like they're stupid. Kids and teens can understand and appreciate a LOT of things. They certainly don't like being talked down to or watching something that thinks they're to young to understand it. There is no excuse for the quality of the current shows right now when it comes to writing. They can easily do something like Time Force is they wanted to but they don't. Some of the stuff I saw in Samurai and Mega Force was really bad and it's not because of the use of the Japanese footage at all.

Exactly. There is no excuse for the quality of the current shows right now when it comes to writing. They can easily do something like Time Force is they wanted to but they don't. Some of the stuff I saw in Samurai and Mega Force was really bad and it's not because of the use of the Japanese footage at all.
Kids in the age range this is targeting can understand shit like Young Justice just fine.

They can understand a show that doesn't treat them like idiots.

WillyFive

I mean the current TMNT has had its moments. Hearing about behind the scenes for megaforce and samurai even basic character modification and development were written out the series.

Yeah, especially Samurai. A 1:1 translation of Shinkenger, except they deliberately wrote out all character development from every character in the show; apparently so that they could have the team be working together perfectly since the first episode, despite the very premise of the original show being that each member hated each other.

Boke1879

Sentai tackles a lot of adult shit while still being "for kids".

Kids aren't stupid. You don't just need bright colors and explosions to entertain them. If you treat them like they can understand, odds are they can.

Agreed man. Kids these days are already exposed to damn near everything. Make these stories mean something.

A legit last stand with people dying and shit exploding and stuff and yet the latest power rangers series ended with them all laughing together while walking away from the final battle, roll credits.

I know this isn't high freaking art but come on man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom