• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PPP poll: 55% of Republican voters still don't believe Don Jr. met with Russians

emag

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...ns-many-trump-voters-in-denial-on-russia.html

On Russia related issues we find a certain degree of willful ignorance among Trump voters that can possibly best be summarized by this finding: only 45% of Trump voters believe Donald Trump Jr. had a meeting with Russians about information that might be harmful to Hillary Clinton...even though Trump Jr. admitted it. 32% say the meeting didn't happen and 24% say they're not sure.

Even if there was an investigation, and it found that the Trump campaign did collude with Russia to aid his campaign, 77% of his supporters think he should still stay in office to just 16% who believe he should resign.

Trump's right about one thing though- he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose most of his support. 45% say they would still approve of him even if he shot someone to 29% who say they would disapprove, and 26% who aren't sure one way or the other.

How big is that basket of deplorables?

Tagyhag

I'm not even surprised.

I don't even understand why Trump just hasn't turned us into a dictatorship already. Those people would clearly support that.

rjinaz

The fuk at that last part?

I'm guessing in their minds it's a liberal or Black man he'd kill and that would actually be a civil service.

Half of them probably do believe, but they don't actually care.

There was a similar poll where Republican voters were shown photos of Obama's and Trump's inauguration crowds and they still claimed Trump had the bigger crowd despite the clear visual evidence.

BigDug13

Wow this isn't about Trump Sr but Trump Jr. He literally went on Hannity to say that he met with Russians. I mean WTF.

Are they wired to disbelieve the media so badly that even if the guy himself goes onto a media program and admits to it they still don't believe it?!?!?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
At what point though so we start questioning if Republican voters are just giving polling places very Pro-Trump answers because they already don't trust news organizations and pollsters? Because I very much don't believe 45% of Republicans are fine with Trump shooting a man but I certainly do believe that 45% would say they are as a middle finger to the pollsters.

Saganator

Conservative media must love seeing shit like this. Just confirms everything they're doing is working... and that's scary :/

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Since I know I'm not alone in hating when polls only give percentages, here's the sample size:

Public Policy Polling surveyed 836 registered voters from July 14th to 17th. The margin of error is +/-
3.4%. 80% of participants, selected through a list based sample, responded via the phone, while 20% of
respondents who did not have landlines conducted the survey over the internet through an opt-in internet
panel.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_71817.pdf

Ocara

I can only hope this group of people proportionally shrinks, cause being that far gone in your dogmatic thinking leaves little room for recovery.

And thus everybody that voted for trump shouldn't be allowed to vote again in federal elections

They lack any logic or critical thinking skills.

they are traitors without even realizing it.

Glix

This kind of shit does not surprise me anymore.

The things they believed about Obama, even after 8 years, had no basis in reality or facts or anything. This is just an extension of that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why would you expect anything else? Their team won, nothing else matters.

Zach

Even if there was an investigation, and it found that the Trump campaign did collude with Russia to aid his campaign, 77% of his supporters think he should still stay in office to just 16% who believe he should resign.

Hey, 16%. Look around you. Perhaps it's time for a change. Maybe shed that R.

Mimosa97

Why are you blaming ignorance? These people aren't dumb. These people have been waiting for two decades for a candidate to tell them exactly what they wanted to hear: immigrants are rapists, muslims are terrorists, the real victim of globalization is white America and any mainstream news outlet is fake news. They don't give a fuck about anything else. The guy could rape their own mothers and they would still worship him. Stop trying to reason with facts and stop " hoping " that they'll eventually see the light. Even if Trump is convicted of treason and has to resign he'll remain vastly popular among republicans for the decades to come.

Patryn

We are so goddamn polarized in our politics that people say they would be willing to support a leader who commits a murder in cold blood.

Think about that.

Top Bottom