• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PPP poll: 55% of Republican voters still don't believe Don Jr. met with Russians

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I know one of these people. I haven't been following the Trump scandal too closely for the past week but I heard things every now and then. So I ask my friend about too bits of information I picked up but didn't read too much into. The first was about Don Jr. and the second was about the person who requested the Clinton emails that recently committed suicide. Her reaction to the first was "Do you know for sure he really did it?" and the reaction to the suicide was that Hillary Clinton probably had him murdered because the people who mess with the Clintons have bad things happen to them. Note they get ALL of their news from Talk Radio, Fox News and Facebook.

rjinaz

It's just a cheap shot at religious people that has no bearing on anything.

Fair enough. But it does make you think. I mean, people that will believe in something that can never be proven, will not believe in something that already has been. Religion is just an easy target to pick as an example.

pirata

At what point though so we start questioning if Republican voters are just giving polling places very Pro-Trump answers because they already don't trust news organizations and pollsters? Because I very much don't believe 45% of Republicans are fine with Trump shooting a man but I certainly do believe that 45% would say they are as a middle finger to the pollsters.

At what point does it stop mattering? If they insist on constantly pretending like they're totally brainwashed automata and acting like brainwashed automata, they might as well be considered totally brainwashed automata. I don't think there's any saving them.

e0dfda5ab359e96e80758a6066950c16.gif

cleaning my fucking room after destroying part of it.

Fair enough. But it does make you think. I mean, people that will believe in something that can never be proven, will not believe in something that already has been. Religion is just an easy target to pick as an example.
It's what their parents taught them. Religion and blind opposition to liberals

rjinaz

But you can't say it or you'll hurt their feelings!

It was more about giving Trump ammo. I can't count how many times I saw on my tv ads of White people, standing with their children, saying that Hillary thinks they are deplorable just because they are voting against her.

At the time I actually loved that she did it but looking back it did her no favors. Of course she was right, that goes without saying. Actually she was too kind.

Of course they didn't, why would they?

fox_edited_quote.png

Full quote is of course

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump—helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone

These statistics are just proof that the rights media campaign of falsehoods has had a powerful effect on the Republican party. We should all hope that the pee tape is real, made widely available to the public and through damning to Trump. It may be one of the only things that could help disillusion him to his base and knock some ardent supporters off of the fake news train.

Somnid

Your jobs are gone
Your money is gone
Your healthcare is gone
Your community is dying
Your becoming a cultural minority
Your political party is in shambles
Your president is a fraud
Nobody likes you

I'm not surprised they'd bury their heads in the sand.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Since I know I'm not alone in hating when polls only give percentages, here's the sample size:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_71817.pdf

836 is a scientifically valid sample size. Problem with current US polling in general is the nature of people who permit themselves to be polled. They care more passionately about all topics but are not more likely to understand them.

And you can't control for "normal" since the polling answers define what normal is.

How can 32% say the meeting didn't happen? He admitted it happened.

The reductive glib and throwaway accusations that they're just dumb are, in this instance, more or less right.

Mully

Blame right wing media. Trump and his voters are just a result of a 30 year campaign against facts and any institution that impedes them from, "winning."

Piggus

There's no hope for these morons. The world will be a better place when every last one of them keels over.

Blame right wing media. Trump and his voters are just a result of a 30 year campaign against facts and any institution that impedes them from, "winning."

At a certain point, a person has to start using their own brain instead of letting others do all the thinking for them.

Zolo

A mix of Fox News trying to omit the Russian involvement along with those who don't really watch news at all and get news from other sources like relatives and such.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Of course they didn't, why would they?

fox_edited_quote.png

Full quote is of course

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump—helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone

State.run.television

Not

Banned
They're essentially 2017's Nazi supporters

They are SO ready for 1984. Thoughtcrime when? "Please let us enforce thoughtcrime," they chant

What's far more shocking is the number of people that think the meeting didn't even actually happen. That's 32%, almost a third of the party either completely ignorant of or willfully denying publicly available facts released by their own people.

Christ almighty.

UberTag

I'm curious as to how that "Trump shoots someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue" support metric would fluctuate depending on who he shoots and whether he kills them dead?

Would his favorability rating skyrocket for murdering a black homeless woman?
How about one of those scary Moose-lambs?
What if he publicly assassinated Hillary Clinton?
What if he did a Russian folk dance after carrying out the act?

Bradd Jaffy @BraddJaffy

On Don Jr email, ex-federal prosecutor Chris Christie on MSNBC says “You don’t send it to the FBI first,” you send it to the campaign lawyer

Brakke

Banned

It's not like you're forced to answer precisely. If you hear the question and believe that the meeting wasn't significant, you might just answer the unasked but implied "does it matter" question and go with "no".

Not that that's much of a consolation.

45% say they would still approve of him even if he shot someone to 29% who say they would disapprove, and 26% who aren't sure one way or the other.
I'll keep this as copy paste template for whenever I have to read about "both sides", intolerant left, need to reach out, pushing them away...

Top Bottom