• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre installed NES/SNES games on Super Smash Bros. Wii U Announced (3 minute timer)

Volotaire

On the Direct /B]

- Available select games pre installed on Smash Wii U
- Play by timer clock (3 minutes)
- You can purchase these games in the eshop after you have played the demo.

B0qj6v3IcAA8_r9.png:large

DJ_Lae

Neat.

Although I assume the timer there is three minutes and not three hours.

Wonder if you can beat the first castle in that time.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Wait, that says 1985-1988, with the implication that you can scroll over to other time periods.

SNES and N64 Masterpieces confirmed???

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's not "play until lose" at all. The picture you posted even shows the demo time limit.

Why oh why is Nintendo still charging for these games? They should be free, not only because they've squeezed quite enough coins out of these 30 year-old games already, but also because it creates interest. Think about if they said, "To celebrate our history and our fans, all first-party NES and SNES games are now free for every WiiU owner, and starting today you can also play these games for free on the iOS and Android platforms." Not only is that a nice selling point, but it also increases sorely-needed brand awareness for their IPs with younger generations.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Why oh why is Nintendo still charging for these games? They should be free, not only because they've squeezed quite enough coins out of these 30 year-old games already, but also because it creates interest. Think about if they said, "To celebrate our history and our fans, all first-party NES and SNES games are now free for every WiiU owner, and starting today you can also play these games for free on the iOS and Android platforms." Not only is that a nice selling point, but it also increases sorely-needed brand awareness for their IPs with younger generations.

jesus christ, wrong thread for this, for one thing...

Volotaire

Added will ask mod for changes.

one time 3min? ;<

You can see the timer in the pic you yourself posted.

lmao

Please change the title. This is a pointless promotion.

It's timed, not play until lose

There's a 3 min (or hour?) limit

That's not "play until lose" at all. The picture you posted even shows the demo time limit.

I'm pretty sure you play until the time limit is over, just like in Brawl.

Sora_N

Pretty sure that's not how to run a business by giving away everything for free.

Kouriozan

If it's faster to load than Brawl, I might try it.
Seriously, Brawl took much time to play the game then go back to Smash.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
This was one of the most poorly executed things in brawl. Not to mention that some of the demo times were ridiculous. I remember some having like 45 seconds to a minute. I hope 3 mins is a standard.

Cartman86

Banned
I believe they listed all of the games in the Direct. Nothing after SNES. Just stuff that already exists on the eShop. Just like Brawl.

Top Bottom