• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predators... with Adrien Brody

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuri

Banned
adrien-brody-20040730060146012.jpg

Adrien Brody has been cast in a revamped version of Arnold Schwarznegger’s 1987 sci-fi action flick Predator, according to Variety.

In the remake, titled Predators and produced by Robert Rodriguez, the Oscar-winning Pianist star will play a mercenary and alien hunter similar to the one originally played by the California governor. Production will begin in Hawaii and Austin, Texas later this month.
http://www.flixster.com/news/2009/10/07/adrien-brody-predator-remake-predators-opens-july-9-2010

and from aintitcool

We learned a week or so ago that Danny Trejo is also heading to the jungle to tangle with the universe's most ruthless hunters. He'll be joined by Alice Braga, Oleg Taktarov, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali (thanks copy/paste!), Louiz Ozawa and THE SHIELD's Walt Goggins. All in all, not a bad team. I guess I'm optimistic. (Update: According to Bloody-Disgusting, Derek "Jason Voorhees" Mears is also on board. And Borys Kit at The Hollywood Reporter says Topher Grace is in negotiations.)
I need to meditate over this turn of event for a while..

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Adrien Brody has been cast in a revamped version of Arnold Schwarznegger’s 1987 sci-fi action flick Predator, according to Variety.

In the remake, titled Predators and produced by Robert Rodriguez, the Oscar-winning Pianist star will play a mercenary and alien hunter similar to the one originally played by the California governor. Production will begin in Hawaii and Austin, Texas later this month.

Fuck yea!

evil ways

Brody looks like something the Predator would use to pick chunks of beans out of his teeth. Why not Sam Worthington or even Gerard Butler, who seems to be in nearly every movie this year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I actually like the look... I'm optimistic about this one. I feel like there have been a ton of reboots/remakes lately or on the way, most I'm not sure about, but I think this can be pulled off.

If they played Brody as a 'Gordon Freeman' type scientist who uses his intellect to outwit the predators it could be interesting.

Binabik15

Needs more steroids D:

They can´t possibly match the testosterone-fest of ther original, so I´m interested which way they´ll go.

Could be cool to see a ruthless killer mercenary who doesn't moonlight as Mister Universe. As long as he pulls some jacked up shit i'll be happy.

I remember on the Latino-review thing it talked about a small un-assuming almost boyish soldier that nobody really knew anything about who ends up being some psychotic badass world destroyer.... topher?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Binabik15 said:
Needs more steroids D:

They can´t possibly match the testosterone-fest of ther original, so I´m interested which way they´ll go.

I don't expect it to do that at all... in fact that's why I like the look of the first picture. It's a new take on the movie altogether. I feel like if they brought in Gerard Butler he would just pale in comparison to Arnold... anybody would.

andycapps

msdstc said:
I don't expect it to do that at all... in fact that's why I like the look of the first picture. It's a new take on the movie altogether. I feel like if they brought in Gerard Butler he would just pale in comparison to Arnold... anybody would.

Isn't that a picture from The Pianist? Never seen it, but pretty sure it is.

if he gets ripped for the role I'll laugh my ass off, his body is going to look weird

I'd prefer him to remain thin though, so we can get a funny Batman/Joker-like hand to hand fight

Oreoleo

I like Predator and Brody but this seems like a poor idea.

It bothers me that we're starting to see a lot of mid to late 80's movies getting remade. Makes me feel old :(

Zeliard

Orellio said:
I like Predator and Brody but this seems like a poor idea.

It bothers me that we're starting to see a lot of mid to late 80's movies getting remade. Makes me feel old :(

When they remake The Usual Suspects, we can begin to cry.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm not really understanding this casting. What made Predator so fucking awesome was getting men among men to fight it out with a Predator. Not guys who look like they weigh less then 150pounds.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
nothing will touch the original - its just too badass

- but i think this one will take aother aproach to the series... so it may be good

Rickard

Dresden said:
I hope he's not some brooding, thoughtful hero that finds a way to empathize with the aliens.

I hope he starts off like that, and then goes nuts like the dude at the end of 28 days later.

The predator made big muscled up meatheads look like little bitches. It doesn't have the same effect when they cast an actor that I could beat up.

Rickard

Napoleonthechimp said:
The predator made big muscled up meatheads look like little bitches. It doesn't have the same effect when they cast an actor that I could beat up.

You know what? Maybe that's the point.

Maybe they want you to see someone that you can relate to face the predator.

If that's what they're going for it could be interesting.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I always thought Adrien Brody would be above a role like this... but then I saw King Kong.

Bleh, I say why the fuck not? If anyone like Gerrard Butler was the main character, you know it would be just as shit as the A.V.P films.

I actually think this could work.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
If you guys can't see the potential awesomeness of Brody as a cold, calculating killer, then you fail.

Would be a reall cool change for him, and a really cool change from a genre cliche.

Nocebo

Napoleonthechimp said:
Yeah, that's why I didn't like Predator 2 as much. It made the predator race look like a bunch of chumps.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Nocebo said:
Yeah, that's why I didn't like Predator 2 as much. It made the predator race look like a bunch of chumps.

Yeah, an alien that cleans out an entire room full of gun-toting drug-dealing pussies, what a wimp.

Solo

Are people comparing the casting of a no name lead character in a Predator reboot to the casting of an iconic character in the Joker?

Raydeen

The script review from Latino Review sounded HORRIFIC.

Predfalcons, Predhuntingdogs.... fanfic retardation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom