• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preorder Mario Kart 8 at Best Buy, get gas

olimpia84

I was going to buy this game on day one regardless so $10 on gas plus 20% off for being a GCU member sounds really good to me :)

Lexxism

BEWARE!!! This is for a digital download, not a physical media game!

This means you're stuck with Nintendo's horrible account policy of tying games to consoles, can't resell it or lend it to friends, can't take it with you to someone's house, can't caress it or sleep with it under your pillow, can't use it as a frisbee or a coaster when you get angry with it and can't attempt to have sex with it.

In other words, screw that! OP should update thread title to reflect this is for a DOWNLOAD CODE!

Learn how to read.

Where the hell did he get that it was the dd version? He just wanted a reason to bitch at Nintendo?

I guess the free bonus content mentioned? That's why he thought it was digital lol

Spinluck

That would get 1 gallon here in EU.

20a76lx.gif

mackattk

Decent deal, would just rather get $10 off the game though.

Either way, I preordered it at K-Mart sometime last week. They had a promotion going on where you get $30.60 in shop your way reward points, which is basically just store credit. Also got 10% back through shopdiscover.

Levi

Banned
Good luck getting a gas station attendant to process a credit card number you have printed out on a piece of computer paper.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Learn how to read.

I guess the free bonus content mentioned? That's why he thought it was digital lol

Take a look at these screencaps:

4coSyaQ

subs3uG

http://imgur.com/4coSyaQ,subs3uG#2

The first one says this order includes a digital item. That's the one that Made me think it was a digital version.

The second one also mentions a digital download add-on. Now that I re-read the second one, it does say "included free" so they must be talking about the code to get the cash card.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. In my defense, BestBuy totally set me up. They clearly said "Your order contains a digital item. An account is required to purchase digital items." I'm not purchasing the cash card, so the only way I could reasonably interpret it is if Mario Kart itself is a digital item.

Anyways, back to pre-ordering it.

It's a neat little promo, but it's less useful than finding a place who's offering $10 off. I haven't been following its launch very closely, but I imagine NewEgg or similar probably had that deal at some point.

Still, cute promo.

It's a neat little promo, but it's less useful than finding a place who's offering $10 off. I haven't been following its launch very closely, but I imagine NewEgg or similar probably had that deal at some point.

Still, cute promo.

I dunno i mean who doesn't use gas unless you're a kid? My moneys going to gas eventually so this is pretty much a 10 dollar gift card in my eyes. Also it beats other promotions that give you gas via free doritos/mt dew :p

Top Bottom