• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prepare yourselves, Steam Summer Sale is coming (19 June to 30 June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much am I going to lose in such a sale? It's my first sale...

Don't think of it as a loss, think of it as an opportunity to snipe deals. Do yourself a solid and keep a list of what you buy and for how much. Set a budget beforehand. WAIT FOR THE DAILIES.

Also, homp through and create a wishlist...that way you'll get emailed when things you want go on sale (IIRC).

dmr87

kelsyu.gif

I'll be at work when it starts, damn. Oh well, I have the Steam app on the phone.

MedIC86

These sales used to be so exciting for me, but after having a steam account since 2003 i noticed that in the last 2 years i hardly bought anything more on the sales. Now i only buy games that im actually planning on playing, soo not much these days. But i am hoping for a good darksouls 2 deal.

Hasney

My Steam wallet total is up to £70. I could make it a round £100 if someone buys my overpriced unusual... But either way, I'm ready.

Banned
When we were young, money was the obstacle for us to enjoy our favourite hobby. Now we have the money but it came at a price; time. We now lack the time to play all these games. Time we had an abundance of in our youth.

:(

When we were young, money was the obstacle for us to enjoy our favourite hobby. Now we have the money but it came at a price; time. We now lack the time to play all these games. Time we had an abundance of in our youth.

:(

The balance of the cosmos will always be here.

In the meantime, 50 dollars in Steam bucks locked and loaded, ready to go

RetroMG

I love that the summer sale is always right after my birthday. I've got money in my wallet, and I'm ready to buy some games
that I'll probably never play.

Starbound, Ultra SFIV upgrade, Skyrim DLC, Kerbal..... ready to strike.
I'd be surprised if that went on sale.

I was tempted by it it all day yesterday, but eventually concluded that if it goes on sale, great, and if not, it doesn't come out until August. I lose nothing by waiting and seeing, but if I buy it now, I'm out $15.00 of sale cash.

Son Of D

I'm going to try and restrain myself this year. Although I bought a lot in 2012 and 2013 so hopefully not much new is there for me. Although I know the moment I see Metal Gear Rising on sale I'll jump on that.

theytookourjobz

It's just hard for people to get the same out of subsequent Steam sales because of diminishing returns. First couple Steam sales I bought everything and now besides brand new shit, I already have everything now lol.

Silky

Banned
the only reason people say Steam Sales are bad is because they most likely own everything.

I'd like to get Blacklist before the sale is over, but...Uplay.... ugh

Pachimari

I have €50 and it's my first Steam sale as well.

I just hope they'll slash the price on Skyrim and Dishonored at this point. Oh, and Banished, World In Conflict, Anno 1404 and a bunch of indies.

SparkTR

the only reason people say Steam Sales are bad is because they most likely own everything.

I'd like to get Blacklist before the sale is over, but...Uplay.... ugh

I doubt it, I have over 800 bought games and my wishlist is still over 100 titles long. The selection on Steam is so vast that I'm sure there are games on there that they don't even know that they want. Not everything is plastered on the front page.

Tagyhag

I really want State of Decay and Space Engineers. We'll see what else shows up.

It's true what people say about diminishing returns, but since Steam has been popping out like 3-5 games per weekday, I'm sure most will find some more hidden gems.

Damaniel

Banned
what time is this supposed to kick off?

10AM Pacific time, normally (so in a little over an hour).

I've been around for all of the Steam sales over the last few years, and so at this point there's very little left to buy that I don't already have. That said, I still managed to spend almost $300 during the last Steam sale, so we'll see...

KingErich

Banned
Starting earlier this year eh? I checked my Steam profile and last year it was in July. I think I may save some money this year as there isn't much more I want. The last 3 years of Steam sales were good to me but not my wallet.

Mit-

You know I haven't really cared for these much lately due to godlike Humble Bundles.

And I've bought all the good games that get really cheap already. It's always the same stuff.

Snicky

Here's to hoping there are some new titles added, I think a lot of us have purchased most of what goes on sale. My wallet, and of course my body, are ready.

meanspartan

The sales have been pretty bad these last few years so you might be okay.

I disagree, I think we have just had too many. Last couple years I was of that same mind- that sales started to suck. But my friend built his first gaming PC last year and had his first steam sale last summer. He bought SOOO much stuff while I bought very little. I realized that the sales weren't really much worse, it's just I had bought so much of what I wanted in my first couple sales, so new sales merely extend it to the past 6 months or so of games.

gorfyako

Banned
nah, the last ones with voting and repeating sales were crap.

the early ones with ARGs and tickets were cool.

The GOAT Steam sale was Winter 2011. We're never getting anything like that again, though, due to SAM and Humble Bundle shenanigans.

Hindl

I've been able to show restraint with recent Steam Sales, so let's hope that can continue. My backlog is big enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom