• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Trump has sent private messages of appreciation to Bob Mueller

cress2000

So begins the bargaining phase!
LocnessDesignsdotcom.jpg

The final stage of trump will be a nuclear version of stage 2.

Mattenth

My theory: Trump's team is being preemptive. The way the statement is worded seems to indicate that Mueller has been sending legal requests to the Trump team.

News will break later this week that Trump himself is under investigation. Lawyers will point back and go "No he's not. He's cooperating fully and even sent 'good job' notes."

CHC

"Hey Bob, my friend, wanna eat some of these well done steaks with me while I ask you to overlook my enormous history of bungled financial crimes?"

rtcn63

He's doing it to try and garner sympathy/rapport from Mueller, in hopes of him easing up or letting his guard down enough to be vulnerable. Seen it happen.

He tried threatening and it didn't work, so now he's going to try shmoozing. "I'll buy him a slice of chocolate cake," Trump thought to himself, "That's how China won me over!"

He's amazingly, brazenly, and stupidly transparent.

rjinaz

Trying to butter him up and also insult him at the same time. Interesting strategy.

I hate you! haha not really, you know me, you're cool. I hate you though. haha...scowl...

Saw this headline on my phone and the way USA Today headlined this story it sounded like RObert Mueller was saying that Trump sent private messages to Russia.

Kind of a ... pointless story otherwise.

Apdiddy

I imagine Trump's legal team's reaction was "Fuck it Donnie, we'll send the fucking messages to Robert Mueller but as your lawyers it will not help your case and help you beat any charges." This is some crap out of Arrested Development.

Mueller then made a copy of it and stuck it in the circular filing cabinet.

This is turning too pathetic to be funny anymore.

Between this, the fact that he need a security blankie (in the shape of positive pictures on himself in the media) and the way he begged our dumb in office, this is looking sadder and sadder.

Ponn

Banned
Trumps legal team is slimy as all hell. This almost sounds like they are setting up a scenario where they are going to try and discredit Mueller for communicating with Trump through private during an investigation.

hey bob, listen bud, you're doing a bang-up job, and also I'm going to need you to pledge your absolute loyalty to me, call off the investigation, and make up a reason that makes me look good. OK, just send me a confirmation when you get a chance. Have a nice day Bobby!

Top Bottom