• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/factchecking-the-second-presidential-debate/

Both candidates receive a failing grade on substance. I don't even know why voters desire this anymore. One repeated things that were clearly debunked and the other demanded fact checks and came out looking foolish and wrong. Can we get better advisers around these two? Where are the best and brightest in this country at?

Uh, did you even fucking read the link you're quoting? I read all of it, and there was absolutely NO comparison there between the number, the severity, and egregiousness of the dishonesty of all issues discussed. Most of Clinton ones were framed as true, and if not, "debatable", "slightly exaggerated", or "another possibility could exist". Almost all of Trump's were bald faced lies or extreme exaggerations and deceptions.

But yeah, let's do this false equivalence again. Not shocking from the guy with a Trump avatar.

Example:

Clinton said there is “no evidence that anyone hacked the server I was using.” That is true, but the FBI said it was “possible” that her email system was hacked because she sent and received emails in “the territory of sophisticated adversaries.”

Sorry, but what part of "no evidence" is in dispute?

Both candidates receive a failing grade on substance. I don't even know why voters desire this anymore. One repeated things that were clearly debunked and the other demanded fact checks and came out looking foolish and wrong. Can we get better advisers around these two? Where are the best and brightest in this country at?

Interesting take considering the majority of the article was refuting Trump's claims.

But hey, having a Trump supporter say both sides were bad is progress I guess! Trying to paint this article as saying both were equally bad is a bit misleading though.

the debate sucked largely because the questions sucked.

The moderator questions were garbage. (emailz, wikileaks)
the audience questions were garbage. (say something nice about your opponent GTFO)

I will take Al Gore's Lockbox on substance anyday over the waste of time of a debate that was Sunday

HotHamBoy

the debate sucked largely because the questions sucked.

The moderator questions were garbage. (emailz, wikileaks)
the audience questions were garbage. (say something nice about your opponent GTFO)

I will take Al Gore's Lockbox on substance anyday over the waste of time of a debate that was Sunday

The questions primed the debate for spectacle. It was Reality TV, pure and simple.

One candidate exaggerated about energy independence or some things about ACA.

Another candidate made up a complete fabrication regarding the San Bernardino shootings that was used to throw Muslims under the bus and blame them for terrorist activities they had nothing to do with.

Try to be a little more subtle next time

I won't pile on you for the intellectually deficient bothsiderism. I just wanted to point out how hilarious it is that this is something that actually needs to be written.

The emails were deleted using a free software program that does not involve the use of chemicals.

I can just imagine that in Trump's tiny little brain he pictures Hillary going up to a computer and pouring bleach all over it, cackling as all the data is lost forever.

Nobody with such a pathetic idea about how computers work should be allowed the Presidency in today's world.

I counted them up, here's what I got:

Clinton: 2 true claims, 0 false claims, 7 exaggerations/grey area/need clarification
Trump: 0 true claims, 10 false claims, 5 exaggerations/grey area/need clarification

Of course that's an oversimplification, people should read the details of each claim. Luckily, they provided them. But maybe they should do a "Final Score" section like this for people who don't.

Wallach

Now that every scientific poll shows Trump lost this debate. My question becomes wtf were some of these people on GAF watching?

people have managed to fuck up their own expectations by trying to figure out how low trump's expectations actually are

the first 20 minutes of this debate pretty much nuked him because nothing in the remaining 70 minutes was strong enough to get talked about to any significant degree afterwards

everything was about those first 20 minutes where he fucking cratered

Garlador

Now that every scientific poll shows Trump lost this debate. My question becomes wtf were some of these people on GAF watching?

"Zingers".

Honestly, from spectacle, Trump "won", but as the heat of the moment cooled, cooler heads began to prevail, look at what was said and not just how it was said, move beyond the bluster, and then make an informed, educated conclusion based on the content of the responses.

Hurray.

I counted them up, here's what I got:

Clinton: 2 true claims, 0 false claims, 7 exaggerations/grey area/need clarification
Trump: 0 true claims, 10 false claims, 5 exaggerations/grey area/need clarification

Of course that's an oversimplification, people should read the details of each claim. Luckily, they provided them. But maybe they should do a "Final Score" section like this for people who don't.

They really do need a counter to put an end to this "both sides" bullshit. The only point of something like this is to point out who is lying and who is telling the truth, but if you don't present it in the most simple of ways (a basic graph), the intellectually lazy who you arguably are trying to convert are going to scan the page, see the name of the person they don't like and go "SEE, SHE'S A LIAR" without reading any of the content. That sort of renders the entire point of the article moot, since they'll share it among themselves and pat themselves on the back with not one of them actually learning that the content makes the opposite of the point they are arguing.

Elandyll

Banned

You seem to be true to your name, or you haven't read what you quote.

Clinton was found either to be mostly truthfull and with some exaggerations.
Trump blatantly lied or distorted facts consistently.
It has also been noted on other sites, and by anyone who watched the debate really, that she was the only one of the two who mostly tried to answer questions, even if clearly not 100% on that.

Gattsu25

Banned

You... Didn't read that article you posted, did you?

Not sure how you came to a Both Sides conclusion if you did.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

You do Trump, I'll do Clinton.

The article discusses the following things Clinton was partially or substantially wrong on:
- Clinton claims that the country is energy independent, but actually it's only 89% energy independent
- Clinton says there's no evidence her private email server was hacked, and while there isn't any evidence it was hacked, maybe it was hacked without evidence
- Clinton said the ACA defends people up to age 26 staying on their parents' insurance, but it turns out some states already had similar provisions before the ACA
- Clinton said that since 2008, all the economic gains have gone to the top, but actually from 2008-2013 all the economic gains have gone to the top, and there's some evidence that in 2014-2015 some of the gains went to average families.

You would consider this a "failing grade on substance" "came out looking foolish and wrong"? Of these 1, 2, and 4 seem basically de minimis errors, and only 3 seems to materially undermine her broader point.

Dirca

Perception = Reality to MANY of the uninformed or uneducated in this country. Both of these "debates" were 1 step up from the Jerry Springer show. If you look at it like that, yes, Trump won big

GhaleonEB

The NBC/WSJ poll showing Clinton getting a bounce out of the weekend got a lot of attention, but there have been several other polls so far this week showing the same; they are still not fully reflecting the debate, but data is starting to come in.

Clinton's national lead has continued to grow, basically straight on from the first debate. State polling seems to be following suit.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

Crucially, control of the Senate has shifted in the same direction as well over the past few days.

TyrantII

The NBC/WSJ poll showing Clinton getting a bounce out of the weekend got a lot of attention, but there have been several other polls so far this week showing the same; they are still not fully reflecting the debate, but data is starting to come in.

Clinton's national lead has continued to grow, basically straight on from the first debate. State polling seems to be following suit.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

Crucially, control of the Senate has shifted in the same direction as well over the past few days.

But, I was told Trump won. How can this be?

These polls must be wrong.

But, I was told Trump won. How can this be?

These polls must be wrong.

The election is a self-selecting poll ergo the only polls that matter are self-selecting polls like the one on Drudge. A random sample doesn't accurately reflect the dynamics of the race. Therefore, if Trump doesn't win 89 % to 11 %, the election is rigged.

Trump posted this 20 minutes ago..

Really going after her health still, wow.

That terrifying ad showcasing foreign dangers to America has definitely motivated me to vote for the guy who knows fuck all about anything instead of someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about.

I wanna know when they are gonna vote on Obama's last nominee. It's ridiculous that they haven't yet.

Furthermore, 2 out 3 judges that are over 70 are democrats, so she would mainly be keeping the status quo, if she gets to appoint any new judges.

Replacing Scalia tilts the court left. It eliminates the need to bank on Kennedy deciding he cares about his legacy on any given major ruling

Reuters showing a win as well.

Among those who said they watched at least portions of the debate, 53 percent said Clinton won while 32 percent said Trump won. The results fell along partisan lines, however: 82 percent of Democrats felt Clinton won, while 68 percent of Republicans felt that Trump won.

the questions from the moderators sucked,
the questions from the audience sucked

it is really difficult to be substantive when the topics chosen are crap

Korey

FYI Ken Bone is doing an AMA right now. It's at the top of Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/57dw9a/im_american_citizen_undecided_voter_loving/

Snoop Dogg offers him something special the next time he's in LA:
yqQitaV.png

PROSG36.png

He's only 34 apparently:
fm3GjGj.png

Dude has his fetishes and recognizes Zimmerman is disgusting. I don't see anything terribly wrong there.

Edit! I definitely disagree with his stance on Trayvon but it's a weird situation where both parties could claim self defense. Since Zimmerman was the instigator and stalker, he should be in prison, but I can see others saying otherwise, especially if they don't know all the facts.

We ate him up and crapped him out. Try not to wear a sweater on television next time, Kenny. Then we won't be forced to look into your internet history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom