• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*chuckles*

CuQZcrbXYAAINQO.jpg

Hah.

Where is the sandwhich shop at? I'd like to put in a tremendous order..,,

My order will be so big it'll bring customers back from those taco trucks on the corner

I apologize in advance for getting preachy but... Idiocy is making light of the situation. The truth is a great deal of Americans are racists, bigots and xenophobes and many of them embrace this openly or behind closed stores. Lack of intelligence has nothing to do with it. Blaming stupidity is a copout to facing head on the uncomfortable truth that this nation is filled with some really fucking nasty people.

This shock I keep seeing expressed on GAF and elsewhere reminds me of Neo waking up from the Matrix for the first time and having to come to terms with a much more harrowing reality than he previously inhabited. It's like you're seeing the hatred and the insanity behind Trump's ascendance for the first time. But just like Morpheus, people of color have been living in this world all along. Dying in it. There's nothing particularly shocking to many of us about someone like Donald Trump having the support of millions. Of course he does.

"Why do my eyes hurt?"
"You’ve never used them before."

I feel like you could throw 'sexist / misogynist' into the mix as well.

anaron

I apologize in advance for getting preachy but... Idiocy is making light of the situation. The truth is a great deal of Americans are racists, bigots and xenophobes and many of them embrace this openly or behind closed stores. Lack of intelligence has nothing to do with it. Blaming stupidity is a copout to facing head on the uncomfortable truth that this nation is filled with some really fucking nasty people.

This shock I keep seeing expressed on GAF and elsewhere reminds me of Neo waking up from the Matrix for the first time and having to come to terms with a much more harrowing reality than he previously inhabited. It's like you're seeing the hatred and the insanity behind Trump's ascendance for the first time. But just like Morpheus, people of color have been living in this world all along. Dying in it. There's nothing particularly shocking to many of us about someone like Donald Trump having the support of millions. Of course he does.

"Why do my eyes hurt?"

great post

royalan

"Why do my eyes hurt?"

EDUCATE THE MASSES

Arkeband

Banned
I don't think he's a covert agent for Russia, but I also don't doubt he's being used. He clearly is.

We really aren't in enough disagreement here to dig into this further.

The guy repeats every conspiracy theory he can find.

Russia didn't just find an idiot, they found a Yak Bak.

Measley

So is there going to be a huge riot when Trump loses? He's already saying that the election is being stolen, and I can just imagine his supporters losing it and doing something violent.

Tarydax

Banned

"Why do my eyes hurt?"

Best post in the whole thread.

tuffy

So is there going to be a huge riot when Trump loses? He's already saying that the election is being stolen, and I can just imagine his supporters losing it and doing something violent.
No, there won't. His loss will be so large that the notion of the election being "stolen" will be laughable, and his supporters are privileged enough that it will have no direct impact on their livelihoods. So they'll just complain about it online rather than get into real trouble by causing a ruckus.

Boring morning, so put this together, inspired by a post from another GAFer...

Tangerine%20Candidate.jpg
All kinds of amazing, thanks for sharing!

🤔

rivaGCF.png

2eVyp5F.png
His supporters are going to be legit shook when/if he doesn't win. I wonder what the fallout will be, he's already said it's a corrupt system and I can't help but wonder if a small portion of his voters will become heavily radicalised in a Clinton America.

Over the next month Trump is going to do his best to leave the Republican party as a flaming wreck behind him. He doesn't care about downballot candidates or maintaining Congressional majorities. He's not a real Republican, he has no loyalty to them and would just as soon see the establishment wing of the party destroyed.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of spineless assholes.

DeviantBoi

"Why do my eyes hurt?"

A great deal of Americans are good people.

If you want to blame the misogyny, racism, homophobia, and xenophobia in the US, look no further than religion.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

lol 'every poll'. This guy uses absolutes whenever he doesn't know what he's talking about. When he's criticizing a policy, strategy or trade deal, he just says its 'all bad' rather than use specific criticism. When he's talking about polls, experts, or businesses, he tends to just generalize and say 'they all say this' or 'they're all doing this' because he doesn't understand. He was doing this at the debate but I forget the context at the moment.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
lol 'every poll'. This guy uses absolutes whenever he doesn't know what he's talking about. When he's criticizing a policy, strategy or trade deal, he just says its 'all bad' rather than use specific criticism. When he's talking about polls, experts, or businesses, he tends to just generalize and say 'they all say this' or 'they're all doing this' because he doesn't understand. He was doing this at the debate but I forget the context at the moment.
“Russia is new in terms of nuclear and we are old and tired and exhausted in terms of nuclear. A very bad thing.”

We bad. Russia new. Very bad thing.

Martha Raddatz: “What are do you think will happen if Aleppo falls?”
Trump: “Aleppo is a disaster.”
Raddatz: “What will happen if it falls?”
Trump: “It has fallen. It basically has fallen."

Aleppo disaster. Very bad.

aaaaa0

It's his pattern. Whenever he doesn't know about some fact or isn't sure about an issue, he just picks a side and then uses the strongest possible words to bluff his way through it. Standard BS artist tactic.

I hope Hillary nominates a 40-year old to the Supreme Court.

40 years of a non-conservative, biased judge on the Supreme Court.

I wanna know when they are gonna vote on Obama's last nominee. It's ridiculous that they haven't yet.

Furthermore, 2 out 3 judges that are over 70 are democrats, so she would mainly be keeping the status quo, if she gets to appoint any new judges.

Drek

I wanna know when they are gonna vote on Obama's last nominee. It's ridiculous that they haven't yet.

Furthermore, 2 out 3 judges that are over 70 are democrats, so she would mainly be keeping the status quo, if she gets to appoint any new judges.

November 10th. McConnell has all but scheduled the vote so they can at least settle for Garland when Clinton wins.

Also, it won't just be keeping the status quo. The status quo will change if Garland is appointed before January 1st or Clinton appoints someone to the vacant seat as that is the swing vote in and of itself.

Then Ruth Bader Ginsberg can retire without the loss of a seat, ensuring at least 4 of the nine are dem appointees for the next two decades. Breyer is a tossup to retire in the next four but definitely in the next eight. Kennedy is even more likely to step away in the next 4.

It is entirely possible she'll pick the vacant seat and three others. Two happen to be Dem appointees but we're talking about resetting the clocks on four justices with two party line flips for a POTUS coming into what was a one seat conservative court. That will lock in a progressive court for at least two decades.

ntropy

It is beyond my mental capacity to imagine what a Trump presidency would be like. Every time I try my brain throws up and then goes "that'll never happen", because I am physically unable to comprehend how someone like Trump could possibly be the leader of the free world.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a dream because Trump even got this far. The fact that 2/5 Americans support him is ridiculous.
he's the hellburner to the so-called establishment of the Spanish Armada

Garlador

A great deal of Americans are good people.

If you want to blame the misogyny, racism, homophobia, and xenophobia in the US, look no further than religion.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

I'm religious, try to love everyone, and am voting Hillary.

Try again.

Meanwhile, I've never seen Trevor Noah go in like this before.
It's beautiful.

Exile20

All kinds of amazing, thanks for sharing!

His supporters are going to be legit shook when/if he doesn't win. I wonder what the fallout will be, he's already said it's a corrupt system and I can't help but wonder if a small portion of his voters will become heavily radicalised in a Clinton America.

These people feel like Trump supporters and not republicans at all.

When he loses will he form his own independent party and try to run that way?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I don't think he's a covert agent for Russia, but I also don't doubt he's being used. He clearly is.

We really aren't in enough disagreement here to dig into this further.
My main point of contention is that I wouldn't simply take it off the table that he could be a willing participant, not necessarily in the fullest sense of what "covert agent" generally implies but certainly as someone who could be engaging in light coordination at the very least. Given his general lack of any real moral code and his general disdain for this country's ideals and founding principles, I don't think he deserves that benefit of the doubt.

Garlador

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom