• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

If you put down the mistaken assumption POTY is an award or is praise, then the argument it should be Trump is hardly outrageous.

I was one of those people, by the way.

Putin has influence on millions trough Russia Today, is a major player in the Syria conflict and impacts the US election trough missinformation and hacking.

Trump is a Putin mouthpiece.

Lets leave it at that.

Damaniel

Banned
I cannot believe that Glenn Fucking Beck is voting for Clinton

I got the impression that he wasn't necessarily voting for Hillary, just accepting the fact that doing so would be the lesser of two evils (especially since the greater evil is *significantly* more evil). He argues that you can obstruct her, protest against her, or do whatever else you can to try to prevent her from passing her desired policies, but there's no guarantee that you'd ever have the chance to do the same under a President Trump.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What what? I refuse to believe this without proof.

nah its true i saw his statement. His argument was its easier to combat Clinton cause she follows the laws, so congress can get shit done. A remarkably reasonable argument from prior batshit crazy.

whatever, if Trump gets elected at this point....well ill wait till that happens and then talk.

Gattsu25

Banned
nah its true i saw his statement. His argument was its easier to combat Clinton cause she follows the laws, so congress can get shit done. A remarkably reasonable argument from prior batshit crazy.

whatever, if Trump gets elected at this point....well ill wait till that happens and then talk.

Well, reasonable except for the entire blocking her nominees for her entire first term thing.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Uh, he didn't say he was voting for Clinton AFAIK. Just that he considers refusing to vote for Trump an ethical choice despite it resulting in a Clinton presidency.
I s'pose so.

Allow me to rephrase:
I can't believe Glenn Beck is effectively voting for Clinton using the logic we've been using about this election :p

I just realized I have no idea who Hillary's VP is.

Shows how much of a non-factor they are this election.

kane.jpg

Putin has influence on millions trough Russia Today, is a major player in the Syria conflict and impacts the US election trough missinformation and hacking.

Trump is a Putin mouthpiece.

Lets leave it at that.
Trump is clearly taking cues from Russia, however calling him a "mouthpiece" is hyperbole and silly. It almost implies DJT is working to advance the goals of someone other than himself, that he's a secret surrogate, or a Saruman to Putin's Sauron if you will.

Except... we know Trump is a selfish, egotistical fuck who is just out for himself. He's quoting Russian propaganda not because it's Russian and thus from Putin but because he thinks it helps him attack Clinton. Making him out to be some Manchurian candidate is giving the man entirely too much credit.

And on the issue of him being the POTY, it's certainly arguable. You'll be hard pressed to find a single other individual who has been the focus of so much attention or who has had a greater impact on what is becoming one of the most historic elections in modern US history. You act like people considering him as Person of the Year is shocking when the only shocking thing is the denial of the effect he has had on this year.

Hey, whose quote is this thread topic now poking fun at?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
After a full day of just hearing opinions rooted in the real world on this last debate, while I understand that Trumps behavior was routine, I'm having he hardest time believing that so many people have stopped listening to the substance of his statement and are simply responding to how he says it. Its no surprise that the debates are treated like a fighting match -- a WWE wrestling match is more apt simply because no one even cares about the content of the match or the fairness of the actions. All that people care about is who won or lost based on whose most bombastic and delivers the most entertainment value.

I'm not sure the was a sentence uttered by Trump last night that didn't contain at least one lie. He delivered all his lies with the utmost of confidence but based on the share disconnect between the lies and reality, most watching should be insulted such cheap words were flailed at them however people are simply impressed with the ferocity of his attack.

Is that what people really want? Someone who will lead them into hell with confidence?

I just realized I have no idea who Hillary's VP is.

Shows how much of a non-factor they are this election.
You're on the information super highway, dude. In the time it took you to post this you could have in much less time written "who is hillary clinton..." into a chrome search bar and had google's auto-complete answer that for you.

That you don't know isn't indicative of their presence (or lack thereof) in this election. It just shows how little you've chosen to follow what's going on, and that's on you.

Fury451

Banned
Reminds me of the "Person of the Year" thread we had recently, where some unironically insisted it should be Trump.

We have here Trump being literally a Putin mouthpiece.

Hitler, Stalin, and Ayatollah Khomeini all received Person of the Year.

Yes, Trump should receive it, because while many good people have received it in the past, it's not a "whose the best person?" award.

Time themselves defined it as someone who "for better or for worse...has done the most to influence the events of the year".

How is that not Trump?

Korey

You're on the information super highway, dude. In the time it took you to post this you could have in much less time written "who is hillary clinton..." into a chrome search bar and had google's auto-complete answer that for you.

That you don't know isn't indicative of their presence (or lack thereof) in this election. It just shows how little you've chosen to follow what's going on, and that's on you.

I did google it after I had the thought.

I was sharing the fact that I just had the realization that I couldn't name Hillary's VP. I've been following the election as close as any average person. I imagine a lot of people probably have no idea who Tim Kaine is.

It's kind of hilarious how Trump doesn't need to say anything substantial. He can say "it's 3 against 1" or that she's a liar and people eat it up. It's the simple rubber and glue tactic and it's quite weird how effective it has been so far. After the election is over he'll most likely deny a lot of the stuff he's done (if it's brought up) and business will be as usual. Either way Trump doesn't lose at all and he sort of knows this.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next time around the GOP does what Trump did this election but be more savvy about it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Is that what people really want? Someone who will lead them into hell with confidence?
He's not Hillary Clinton, and that's enough. Somehow, he's convinced them to think he - a self claimed billionaire who treads on people daily and lives in a penthouse high above Manhattan - is just like them.

He can't elaborate on policy becuase he has none. He lies constantly, even about things that can and have been proven. It's bizarre.
he-tells-it-like-it-is-i-am-going-to-eat-you-wolf-2016-1471803575.jpg

MrMephistoX

The biggest reason not to vote for Trump is not having every week be crisis mode...I mean shit it's just too mcuch fucking drama every fucking week.

Trump is clearly taking cues from Russia, however calling him a "mouthpiece" is hyperbole and silly. It almost implies DJT is working to advance the goals of someone other than himself, that he's a secret surrogate, or a Saruman to Putin's Sauron if you will.

Except... we know Trump is a selfish, egotistical fuck who is just out for himself. He's quoting Russian propaganda not because it's Russian and thus from Putin but because he thinks it helps him attack Clinton. Making him out to be some Manchurian candidate is giving the man entirely too much credit.

Yeah, Trump is not a willing agent of a foreign power. He's what used to be referred to as a "useful idiot".

So, looks like Juanita Broaddick is a fucking liar. I wonder what else in her past she's lied about? (Clinton rape accuser)

https://youtu.be/kuCxa6VX7Yc

REPORTER: Miss Broaddrick, are you being paid by the Trump campaign at all?

BROADDRICK: Oh lord no. [laughs]

REPORTER: Didn’t they pay for your travel to get here, I guess?

BROADDRICK: No. No.

REPORTER: You, you came here on your own?

BROADDRICK: Oh yes … no no, I didn’t. I was paid by Breitbart.

REPORTER: You were paid by Breitbart?

BROADDRICK: Yeah, Breitbart paid my, uh, my fees coming here, just my airline fees. To get us here for the interview. I live in Arkansas.

REPORTER: Right.

And now..

Juanita Broaddrick @atensnut
Wrong info. Brietbart did not pay my travel expenses to the debate.
12:20 AM - 10 Oct 2016

“If the Trump campaign wanted her there, and Breitbart, a corporation, paid for the ticket to assist the Trump campaign, that would be an illegal in-kind corporate contribution,” said Rick Hasen, an expert in campaign finance law at the University of California at Irvine. “But we need to know more facts before we know if that is the case.”

Seated next to Donald Trump at a pre-debate campaign event Sunday night, Juanita Broaddrick repeated her charge that Bill Clinton raped her in 1978 — an accusation she has contradicted under oath and which the former president denies.

You're still wrong, it still should be the person who beat him.
I disagree with your opinion. I don't believe Hillary Clinton has defined this election to the extent of Donald Trump. She hasn't even defined her cycle to the extent Barack Obama did 8 years ago in his. I am not discounting her achievements or the historic nature of her impending Presidency. Rather, I think it's a testament to how fucking awful Trump has been to have overshadowed even that.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"

Selfish, egotistical fucks do what they think is in their best interest and that hardly precludes them from being someone else's surrogate if they can justify that it gets them what they want.

But if you think he's really too proud to even do that, let's not act like selfish, egotistical fucks can't at least be *unwitting* mouthpieces for someone else's plans. Just look at how easily Hillary baited him with the Machado trap in the first debate. The guy's ego hardly prevents him from being an easy mark.

Well she signed a deposition that any hanky panky with Bill was consensual. So she either lied back then or is lying now.
I think it's safe to conclude any person allowing themselves to be used by Donald Trump in his bid for the White House is a person likely lacking in firm moral fiber.

shiba5

I think it's safe to conclude any person allowing themselves to be used by Donald Trump in his bid for the White House is a person likely lacking in firm moral fiber.

That they are all allowing themselves to be used as a distraction of Trump's sexual assaults is really gross. I have mad respect for Monica after this.

MrMephistoX

The debate yesterday really drained it out of me. Like, I was legit tired and exhausted from just listening to Trump.

I know right? Probably an excuse but I've consumed more alcohol listening to this election and Trump's bullshit than any other election in my adult life. It was fun with 16 GOPers on the stage but now it's just fucking exhausting and the thought of him being on the air every fucking week for the next four years is just exasperating.

Selfish, egotistical fucks do what they think is in their best interest and that hardly precludes them from being someone else's surrogate if they can justify that it gets them what they want.

But if you think he's really too proud to even do that, let's not act like selfish, egotistical fucks can't at least be *unwitting* mouthpieces for someone else's plans. Just look at how easily Hillary baited him with the Machado trap in the first debate. The guy's ego hardly prevents him from being an easy mark.
I don't think he's a covert agent for Russia, but I also don't doubt he's being used. He clearly is.

We really aren't in enough disagreement here to dig into this further.

shiba5

I know right? Probably an excuse but I've consumed more alcohol listening to this election and Trump's bullshit than any other election in my adult life. It was fun with 16 GOPers on the stage but now it's just fucking exhausting and the thought of him being on the air every fucking week for the next four years is just exasperating.

Imagine working for the Federal Government and seeing a picture of his ugly face everytime you go to work. I'm going to have to go back to the private sector because I'll feel like I'm complicit. Hostile workplace.

Xe4

Banned

It is beyond my mental capacity to imagine what a Trump presidency would be like. Every time I try my brain throws up and then goes "that'll never happen", because I am physically unable to comprehend how someone like Trump could possibly be the leader of the free world.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a dream because Trump even got this far. The fact that 2/5 Americans support him is ridiculous.

MrMephistoX

It is beyond my mental capacity to imagine what a Trump presidency would be like. Every time I try my brain throws up and then goes "that'll never happen", because I am physically unable to comprehend how someone like Trump could possibly be the leader of the free world.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a dream because Trump even got this far. The fact that 2/5 Americans support him is ridiculous.

That's the thing that gets me...2/5 of American voters are literally complete idiots. I know Hillary is going to win but I just can't fathom that a more polished version of Trump could win...Trump could have won for Christ sakes if not for basically bragging about sexual assault.

digdug2k

Well she signed a deposition that any hanky panky with Bill was consensual. So she either lied back then or is lying now.
Broaderick's story reads like it really happened. She told people about it. Showed them her injuries. They're either all in on a scam or it happened. The recanting seems honestly just like she wanted to not deal with it anymore.

The part of her story about Hillary threatening her seems more suspicious, and, AFAIK wasn't part of the original story. She threw it out on Hannity at one point. It also doesn't fit with the Hillary's character from anything I've ever read or seen from people who actually know her. It does fit her character if you think she might be a demon sent from hell to kill us all.

I really can't believe people aren't having a fit about people blaming the wife of a serial cheater and womanizer for her partner's actions. That's just... disgusting to me. They either have an open marriage or Bill treated her like shit. Regardless, there's no reason I know of to blame her for his stupidity.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
That's the thing that gets me...2/5 of American voters are literally complete idiots. I know Hillary is going to win but I just can't fathom that a more polished version of Trump could win...Trump could have won for Christ sakes if not for basically bragging about sexual assault.
He was not really rocking the EC map before the scandal. Trump is a loser. Trump is a mess.

NandoGip

My god, those top fb comments. i just had to see what people on his page would say. So ya, Republicans never objected to anything Obama did, and HRC is the most immoral person ever!

I'm gonna go watch a horror movie so I can sleep tonight.

I read through a decent amount of these. I feel both pleasure and pain to see that people this stupid exist but that they are also just normal people who have been manipulated and fooled. Surprisingly I saw a lot of conservatives who were fighting the conspiracy theorists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom