• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going full tin foil hat here, but I think Trump shows signs of dementia.
Can't form coherent sentences, can't remember anything, repeats the same thing over and over.

What if the RNC keeps supporting him just for the off chance he gets elected, then they bring out that he has dementia and BOOM! Pence is the president.

It seems sleezy enough, but it's a big loony ass conspiracy theory.

Or maybe wishful thinking that the RNC can't possibly be this fucking stupid.
they are

shiba5

Broaderick's story reads like it really happened. She told people about it. Showed them her injuries. They're either all in on a scam or it happened. The recanting seems honestly just like she wanted to not deal with it anymore.

The part of her story about Hillary threatening her seems more suspicious, and, AFAIK wasn't part of the original story. She threw it out on Hannity at one point. It also doesn't fit with the Hillary's character from anything I've ever read or seen from people who actually know her. It does fit her character if you think she might be a demon sent from hell to kill us all.

I really can't believe people aren't having a fit about people blaming the wife of a serial cheater and womanizer for her partner's actions. That's just... disgusting to me. They either have an open marriage or Bill treated her like shit. Regardless, there's no reason I know of to blame her for his stupidity.

Agree with you there. But that whole stunt had Bannon written all over it, and only a misogynist thinks attacking a women for her husband's affairs is going to score points.

It is beyond my mental capacity to imagine what a Trump presidency would be like. Every time I try my brain throws up and then goes "that'll never happen", because I am physically unable to comprehend how someone like Trump could possibly be the leader of the free world.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a dream because Trump even got this far. The fact that 2/5 Americans support him is ridiculous.

That's the thing that gets me...2/5 of American voters are literally complete idiots. I know Hillary is going to win but I just can't fathom that a more polished version of Trump could win...Trump could have won for Christ sakes if not for basically bragging about sexual assault.
I apologize in advance for getting preachy but... Idiocy is making light of the situation. The truth is a great deal of Americans are racists, bigots and xenophobes and many of them embrace this openly or behind closed stores. Lack of intelligence has nothing to do with it. Blaming stupidity is a copout to facing head on the uncomfortable truth that this nation is filled with some really fucking nasty people.

This shock I keep seeing expressed on GAF and elsewhere reminds me of Neo waking up from the Matrix for the first time and having to come to terms with a much more harrowing reality than he previously inhabited. It's like you're seeing the hatred and the insanity behind Trump's ascendance for the first time. But just like Morpheus, people of color have been living in this world all along. Dying in it. There's nothing particularly shocking to many of us about someone like Donald Trump having the support of millions. Of course he does.

"Why do my eyes hurt?"
"You’ve never used them before."

DrSlek

bbWiesn.jpg

After a full day of just hearing opinions rooted in the real world on this last debate, while I understand that Trumps behavior was routine, I'm having he hardest time believing that so many people have stopped listening to the substance of his statement and are simply responding to how he says it. Its no surprise that the debates are treated like a fighting match -- a WWE wrestling match is more apt simply because no one even cares about the content of the match or the fairness of the actions. All that people care about is who won or lost based on whose most bombastic and delivers the most entertainment value.

I'm not sure the was a sentence uttered by Trump last night that didn't contain at least one lie. He delivered all his lies with the utmost of confidence but based on the share disconnect between the lies and reality, most watching should be insulted such cheap words were flailed at them however people are simply impressed with the ferocity of his attack.

Is that what people really want? Someone who will lead them into hell with confidence?

Nope. The issue that allows Trump to hang around is because Hillary had huge whoppers on Syria, safe zones, and the email leaks where she lied or misled the public.

Example: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...illary-clinton/clinton-and-line-sand-comment/

MrMephistoX

I apologize in advance for getting preachy but... Idiocy is making light of the situation. The truth is a great deal of Americans are racists, bigots and xenophobes and many of them embrace this openly or behind closed stores. Lack of intelligence has nothing to do with it. Blaming stupidity is a copout to facing head on the uncomfortable truth that this nation is filled with some really fucking nasty people.

This shock I keep seeing expressed on GAF and elsewhere reminds me of Neo waking up from the Matrix for the first time and having to come to terms with a much more harrowing reality than he previously inhabited. It's like you're seeing the hatred and the insanity behind Trump's ascendance for the first time. But just like Morpheus, people of color have been living in this world all along. Dying in it. There's nothing particularly shocking to many of us about someone like Donald Trump having the support of millions. Of course he does.

"Why do my eyes hurt?"

No need to apologize I think I'm part of the problem as someone who is an optimist at heart.

Despite Clinton being the more informed, Trump came out of the debate a stronger candidate than what he was a few days ago. In some ways, you could make the argument that he therefore 'won' by beating all expectations.

I am disappointed that we haven't had a detailed discussion of ideas so far between the two. Moderators have not pushed for specifics. I'd be interested to see how Trump copes in that sort of debate.

ISOM

Despite Clinton being the more informed, Trump came out of the debate a stronger candidate than what he was a few days ago. In some ways, you could make the argument that he therefore 'won' by beating all expectations.

I am disappointed that we haven't had a detailed discussion of ideas so far between the two. Moderators have not pushed for specifics. I'd be interested to see how Trump copes in that sort of debate.

He would lie like he's been doing. Like have you not figured out his M.O by now? Lol

He would lie like he's been doing. Like have you not figured out his M.O by now? Lol
How isn't it obvious by now?

Two debates the moderators have tried to get him to focus and give specifics, he can't and then just goes on crazy rants. They turn the floor to Hillary and she tries, but then ends up trying to fact check the insanity pouring out the orange menaces mouth or the orange menace interrupts her.

watershed

Banned

Except he lost the post-debate insta-polls, is polling down since the tape leak, and is losing republican support like crazy. Trump hasn't "won" anything in a while now.

Stephen Colbert should moderate the final debate. I'm dead serious.

That is honestly brilliant. I 100% believe Colbert would have no issues with telling either one that their time is up and they need to shut up. I don't know how well he would be able to hide his bias and keep his cool at some of the dumb shit Trump says though.

ghostjoke

Banned
cnn is the gift that keeps on giving.

holy shit lol.

https://twitter.com/AllyRoche/status/785680511960166400

I've watched it twice and I still don't believe it happened.

This seems like the place to post celebrities' relationships with the election.

I don't think Roger Waters thinks highly of Trump. He has been "dedicating" Pigs to Trump with some provocative imagery to go along with it.

donald-trump-flying-pig-roger-waters-600.jpg

WARNING: contains video of Trump fellating a banana

Direct youtube video, still with Trump fellating a banana

kavanf1

I've seen the both sides point of view a lot here in the UK the last few days. One guy on another forum I go on likened the choice between the candidates as "voting for the gallows or the electric chair". I can't believe people place them on an equal footing. It's nuts.

One candidate has show herself to be presidential, has comprehensive policies that she has a firm grasp of, and has committed her entire life to public service. The other is a racist, sexist, xenophobic idiot whose primary goal is to feed his own ego using populist, substance-free rhetoric, and whose volatile, unstable temperament actually causes any right-thinking person to worry about what they might do as leader of the most powerful country in the world.

People might have reservations about Clinton, but regardless (to paraphrase Vincent in Pulp Fiction), Clinton and Trump ain't in the same ****ing ballpark, they ain't in the same league, hell they ain't even playing the same ****ing sport.

Gobias

Banned
oh, you sweet summer children

i wish i could forget WND existed

I've spent too much time on the internet looking at awfulness with morbid curiosity. I pretty much only visit the same set of sites now and ignore everything else. Now comments on Twitter are enough to destroy my soul. I've become week.

Seventy70

CNN is becoming my favorite news channel throughout this whole thing. I turned it on randomly the past couple of days and it was constantly high quality TV. I know Don Lemon gets a lot of hate, but he's been really good about making Trump's supporters eat shit.

CNN is becoming my favorite news channel throughout this whole thing. I turned it on randomly the past couple of days and it was constantly high quality TV. I know Don Lemon gets a lot of hate, but he's been really good about making Trump's supporters eat shit.

I read that Don Lemon was not the best for the past few years, but I'm enjoying him this year.

This is a big thread... Any links to archived versions for late viewers?

nm ignore me looks like a few of the live links go straight to the archived version now.

If Hillary wins -- and it's not a guarantee. will the republicans hold another autopsy? And if so, how do they reconcile the irony of having Reince Priebus coordinating it, seeing as how less than 2 weeks ago he was pressuring every establishment republican to back Donald Trump?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If Hillary wins -- and it's not a guarantee. will the republicans hold another autopsy? And if so, how do they reconcile the irony of having Reince Priebus coordinating it, seeing as how less than 2 weeks ago he was pressuring every establishment republican to back Donald Trump?
Unless they are complete idiots, they must've realised by now how the extremists of their party are running the discourse and how it's costing them elections. What I'm wondering is if they are even able to change that by now.
And if Trump is actually going to start a network with maybe Ailes and Breitbart backing (what a sentence) afterwards, it could actually get worse!

mclem

I don't think Roger Waters thinks highly of Trump. He has been "dedicating" Pigs to Trump with some provocative imagery to go along with it.

donald-trump-flying-pig-roger-waters-600.jpg
We don't need no immigration
We just need Put-in Control
Capitulation in the staterooms
Media leave Russia alone
Hey! Media! Leave Russia alone!
All in all it's just another brick in Trump's Wall.

We don't need no immigration
We just need Put-in Control
Capitulation in the staterooms
Media leave Russia alone
Hey! Media! Leave Russia alone!
All in all it's just another brick in Trump's Wall.

That's good, that's damn good.... Think you've got a parody song on your hands buddy

revbatboy

"Why do my eyes hurt?"

Just wanted to say; Aaronology your post's in the politic threads are a breath of fresh air; always well thought out and full of facts.

Wow I couldn't even watch the full thing. It's just so damn embarrassing he has made it this far.

Ugh. All the interruptions. All the times he kept going and had to have the last word, despite having nothing to say.

He really is just a fucking child. The last debate was bad but this one was just infuriating.

Maybe I will finish the last 30mins tomorrow but damn that was just hard to watch.

Also at least half the audience should be ashamed of themselves. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom