• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pretty fucking stressed right now.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Just got a call from my parents. My sister has COVID. It's advanced to pnuemonia. She's a risk group (morbid obese). Pretty worried about her. Apparently she has going about living her life as normal. No mask. No social distancing. Hanging out and going wherever she wanted. Babysitting peoples kids.

I'm more concerned about my parents though. She sees them regularly. Her son spends half his time over at their house too. He doesn't have any symptoms, neither do my parents. They're getting tested tomorrow.

I've already lost an aunt over this. I don't want to lose my parents or my sister.

Last edited:

Ionian

Sorry to hear that OP, I've had pneumonia. It's really no joke. COVID on top seems like a nightmare.

Best of luck to her man, hope she has a speedy recovery.

Cattlyst

I too wish them well. I don't want to scare you but this sounds very similar to my situation. I posted in another thread yesterday because I just lost my dad to Covid. My brother and sister both tested positive for it after having visited my dad, which then meant he too had to get a test, and it came back positive. My siblings were both fine and self isolated but my dad didn't survive. So yeah I hope they can all get tested ASAP and take the correct precautions and actions. I wish you the best OP.

DESTROYA

Just keep her away from your parents for a couple of weeks and they should be fine, they have a better handle on Covid now so she should be fine.
Best wishes for a healthy recovery

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’m still trying to figure out ways to recover from it, since I figure everyone is bound to contract it once, but these could help her. This is my plan roughly, to use everything on this list to help fight the virus, and the amount I’d take

-Bone Broth Soup w/ a lot of greens, chicken or steak. As much as my body could handle

-Vitamin D, personally if I contract it, I’m going to take 20,000 IU the day I know I have it

-Zinc, 50 mg first day probably. Then 30-50g per day for two weeks. Usually I’ll just take 20g max w/ supplements but just in case I’ll likely take more if infected with the virus

-Vitamin C I’ll aim to take 20g after a meal. Megadose to the max. I wouldn’t even be against taking 100g tbh if I catch it and am not doing well fighting it. 100g per day if I need to, trusting Linus Pauling

-NAC 600mg, twice per day

-Quercetin 1,000 mg each day

-Melatonin I’m sort of against taking it because I worry it might possibly affect my ability to produce it as efficiently after supplementing with it, but if I’m one of the 2% or whatever who have a tough time thwarting the disease then I would take like 25-50mg dosages probably right as the sun is beginning to set

-Magnesium 400-600 mg per day

-Potassium 90mg per day supplementation and would try to get a lot more through food sources

-Minimal sugar, most carbs I’d try to get from vegetables if I could eat

-I think Pepsin might help? Idk, but Trump’s doctors administered it to him while he was sick. I still need to see if that is healthy to take

-I would practice prone positioning while resting. It’s basically just laying on your chest so your lungs will have an easier time functioning. Studies have shown it to greatly affect chances of survival for patients suffering with severe cases like pneumonia. I think you rest for most of your time on your chest in any given hour, then you switch for a bit to lay on your side for a bit, then you go back to laying on your chest to the bed again. But if she’s in the hospital already then she’s likely already being told to do this

-Blackseed oil

-Elderberry juice or syrup. I use it, powerful medicine and it helps a lot

All these will help her and anyone with a cold, flu, or battling Covid-19 I believe

-And this is just me, but I would be especially careful to eat high quality soup with a lot of greens and protein. Ensures the body has everything it needs in one meal. You can’t be fucking around with this current SARS-CoV-2 virus if you are higher risk than others. So I figure soup will play a huge role in my recovery if I ever get it. I’m also thinking getting a lot of potassium in the way of those greens in the soup, plus some pink salt or seas salt in the soup will play a crucial role to regulate water levels in the body

-As much water as possible I would think would be a good idea. Not too sure with Covid-19 but I’m assuming it’s still a great idea to drink a ton of water

-I’ve heard a lot of people swear by oregano oil as well for immunity, helping with a cold

I’ve been adding to my stack little by little. Been trying to get all the right stuff to help aid the body and build the strength of the immune system. I hope these tips help your sister and family man. I’ve been preparing for the worst since my immune system is pretty suspect, so these are all items I have. Except the blackseed oil and oregano oil. Still need to try those out. But I think even those who are strong as an ox should aim to throw everything they can at this virus and disease just in case though. Still so much we don’t know

Last edited:

DESTROYA

I’m still trying to figure out ways to recover from it, since I figure everyone is bound to contract it once, but these could help her. This is my plan roughly, to use everything on this list to help fight the virus, and the amount I’d take

-Bone Broth Soup w/ a lot of greens, chicken or steak. As much as my body could handle

-Vitamin D, personally if I contract it, I’m going to take 20,000 IU the day I know I have it

-Zinc, 50 mg first day probably. Then 30-50g per day for two weeks. Usually I’ll just take 20g max w/ supplements but just in case I’ll likely take more if infected with the virus

-Vitamin C I’ll aim to take 20g after a meal. Megadose to the max. I wouldn’t even be against taking 100g tbh if I catch it and am not doing well fighting it. 100g per day if I need to, trusting Linus Pauling

-Melatonin I’m sort of against taking it because I worry it might possibly affect my ability to produce it as efficiently after supplementing with it, but if I’m one of the 2% or whatever who have a tough time thwarting the disease then I would take like 25-50mg dosages probably right as the sun is beginning to set

-Potassium 90mg per day supplementation and would try to get a lot more through food sources

-I think Pepsin might help? Idk, but Trump’s doctors administered it to him while he was sick. I still need to see if that is healthy to take

-I would practice prone positioning while resting. It’s basically just laying on your chest so your lungs will have an easier time functioning. Studies have shown it to greatly affect chances of survival for patients suffering with severe cases like pneumonia. I think you rest for most of your time on your chest in any given hour, then you switch for a bit to lay on your side for a bit, then you go back to laying on your chest to the bed again. But if she’s in the hospital already then she’s likely already being told to do this

-Blackseed oil

All these will help her and anyone with a cold, flu, or battling Covid-19 I believe

-And this is just me, but I would be especially careful to eat high quality soup with a lot of greens and protein. Ensures the body has everything it needs in one meal. You can’t be fucking around with this current SARS-CoV-2 virus if you are higher risk than others. So I figure soup will play a huge role in my recovery if I ever get it. I’m also thinking getting a lot of potassium in the way of those greens in the soup, plus some pink salt or seas salt in the soup will play a crucial role to regulate water levels in the body

-As much water as possible I would think would be a good idea. Not too sure with Covid-19 but I’m assuming it’s still a great idea to drink a ton of water

-I’ve heard a lot of people swear by oregano oil as well for immunity, helping with a cold

I’ve been adding to my stack little by little. Been trying to get all the right stuff to help aid the body and build the strength of the immune system. I hope these tips help your sister and family man. I’ve been preparing for the worst since my immune system is pretty suspect, so these are all items I have. Except the blackseed oil and oregano oil. Still need to try those out. But I think even those who are strong as an ox should aim to throw everything they can at this virus and disease just in case though. Still so much we don’t know

lZ3UKRk.gif

Cutty Flam

Banned
Haha I wish. Chopper would know how to fix Covid-19 no problem

About that probe positioning btw OP, the targeted time that researchers found most effective was laying on one’s stomach 18 hrs out of the day, turning when needed. But the objective is to rest most of your day on your stomach when not up and moving

DESTROYA

Haha I wish. Chopper would know how to fix Covid-19 no problem

About that probe positioning btw OP, the targeted time that researchers found most effective was laying on one’s stomach 18 hrs out of the day, turning when needed. But the objective is to rest most of your day on your stomach when not up and moving
I laid down on my stomach for 18 straight hours my back would be fucked , not sure why but If I fall asleep on my stomach for any extended amount of time I wake up with a very sore back .

Last edited:

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
You're supposed to be stressed right now, that's totally normal. It's just a waiting game at this point and mabye try not to suffer additional stress about the situation being so stressful. IOW let yourself be stressed and try to roll with that as much as possible.

Just got a call from my parents. My sister has COVID. It's advanced to pnuemonia. She's a risk group (morbid obese). Pretty worried about her. Apparently she has going about living her life as normal. No mask. No social distancing. Hanging out and going wherever she wanted. Babysitting peoples kids.

I'm more concerned about my parents though. She sees them regularly. Her son spends half his time over at their house too. He doesn't have any symptoms, neither do my parents. They're getting tested tomorrow.

I've already lost an aunt over this. I don't want to lose my parents or my sister.
Will say a prayer for you all.

cormack12

Gold Member
Damn that's rough. It's easy to let your mind jump everywhere until you have proper medical outcomes so try not to overthink it at the moment.

Make sure your parents are isolated. They are getting tested so hopefully comes back positive.

Elcid

Banned
Best of luck to your family in this difficult time. Sorry to hear about your sister. I know one person that’s about 300lbs and got it and they recovered fine, but they stayed away from the hospital. My understanding is if they put you on a ventilator it’s pretty much GG.

-Blackseed oil

You realize taking more than the recommended dose of a lot of those vitamins isn't more protection, right? Your body just discards it, usually in the form of urine. The recommended dose is an estimate based on normal body weight of how much your body will absorb before it starts discarding the rest. Vitamin C especially. You'll just be pissing very very orange piss the whole time and spending money to do so.

LarknThe4th

Sorry to hear that dude, it's a great song that she isnt showing any symptoms though, gotta hold on to the positives in situations like this

Top Bottom