• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prevalence of Pubic Hair Grooming–Related Injuries and ID of High-Risk Individuals

Lubricus

New study on JAMA - "Prevalence of Pubic Hair Grooming–Related Injuries and Identification of High-Risk Individuals in the United States" published July 26.

Key Points
Question What are the prevalence and clinical correlates of injuries among US adults who groom pubic hair?

Findings In this nationally representative cross-sectional study of 5674 adults who reported pubic hair grooming, grooming-related injury was reported by 1430 (weighted prevalence, 25.6%). Degree of grooming was an independent risk factor for injury; waxing may prevent repetitive injuries.

Meaning The present data may help to identify injury-prone groomers and lead to safer grooming practices.

Not so good ways to groom:
In particular, lying on one’s back while grooming and having someone else groom one’s pubic hair were associated with injuries that required medical attention. Lying on one’s back may make visualization more challenging and thus predispose the groomer to injury. Having a partner perform one’s grooming eliminates a self-tactile sensation, which may predispose to injury. Alternatively, a grooming partner may encourage the injured to seek medical attention.

From the conclusion:
Pubic hair grooming is a widespread practice, and grooming-related injuries occur in approximately 25% of individuals who groom. Laceration is the most common form of injury. Grooming frequency and degree of grooming (ie, removing all pubic hair) are independent risk factors for injury and high-frequency injuries.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/fullarticle/2648859

Who does grooming while lying on their back?

Neith

Banned
I always thought all gamers were filthy and didn't take care of themselves...

Hell no, we groom each other head to toe and then take long baths. In fact, we don't even play games anymore. No one does. We just buy them, talk about them, and groom.

Who does grooming while lying on their back?
When I first started doing it i read a guide that said you should go into the bedroom after you shower and do it laying down. A different guide said to go against the grain right away (you should do multiple passes if you dont hate yourself).

I just do it while standing up in the shower like a normal person.

Lubricus

When I first started doing it i read a guide that said you should go into the bedroom after you shower and do it laying down. A different guide said to go against the grain right away (you should do multiple passes if you dont hate yourself).

I just do it while standing up in the shower like a normal person.

You got to have a ceiling mirror if you lie down.

I once Nair'd my balls as a kid. Burnt a hole in my sac and I could see the ball. Don't do that. But after the hole healed up and scab fell off, left my balls hairless and smooth as egg shells.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Why would you be laying down to trim your pubes?? Are you laying on the bathroom floor or in the bathtub? I sure as hope you're not trimming on your bed...

Gin-Shiio

I once Nair'd my balls as a kid. Burnt a hole in my sac and I could see the ball. Don't do that. But after the hole healed up and scab fell off, left my balls hairless and smooth as egg shells.

v6uXeSb.gif

Top Bottom