• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prevalence of Pubic Hair Grooming–Related Injuries and ID of High-Risk Individuals

I once Nair'd my balls as a kid. Burnt a hole in my sac and I could see the ball. Don't do that. But after the hole healed up and scab fell off, left my balls hairless and smooth as egg shells.

I've always wondered, why is it that Nair tells you not to use the cream in that area is there something special about that area's skin that you can't remove hair normally, like you would with leg/arm hair?

This study honestly feels like a complete waste of time and resources.

Knowing about what methods people are using to groom, and what methods are safest, helps doctors treat and educate their patients. Seems pretty useful to me, with more and more people doing whole body grooming.

I just use a hair/beard trimmer which works as it gets things short but not as short as a razor would do there's no worry about ingrown hairs or razor bumps. Balls are tricky and take awhile however.

remz

I only shave my balls lying down with a cutthroat razor, no shaving soap.

No fear, no mercy, smooth as freshly laid eggs

Banned
I once Nair'd my balls as a kid. Burnt a hole in my sac and I could see the ball. Don't do that. But after the hole healed up and scab fell off, left my balls hairless and smooth as egg shells.
I almost did this and my ex said you're not supposed to use it on your balls.

Thank God.

This post made me cringe.

Well, those first two thumbnails that show up when trying to share on Facebook are definitely NSFW, lol.

Fascinating article though. I love studies like this.

Aske

Bodygroom, no guard; all I need to get my Fine Young Cannibals totally smooth. No history of nicks. I wonder if there's a correlation between this 25%, and the percentage of patients who have given themselves eye injuries with dental floss.

Holy shit. I actually came really close to doing this my freshman year in college. So glad I didn't. I had the Nair in my hand and changed my mind right before I got in the shower.

There is no chance that you burned right through the sac and didn't require medical attention (also Nair is not that strong). You will have just burned off a few layers of skin.

gatling

I bought a mens beard and mustache trimmer with guards. Its super nice but I only use it when its time to need a safari hat. Ingrown hairs are torture so wysiwyg. I once had a partner do it for me when I had a back sprain and it was oddly nice.

v1lla21

I go at it with a razor and I've only cut myself once but not on the nuts. I shave mis huevos and trim up top Cuz I like to scratch and feel my pubies.

studyguy

Just go with the grain man. Easy.

This thread though.
91948dfac1722438ac65dc1c8dca714bc1b1632f_hq.gif

tumblr_mly5tvPgaw1r8tyjfo1_500.gif

ff5a8b000f23106abe8bd6f003ca44b7d82e3494_hq.gif

Top Bottom