• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia Prodigy Screens

pancakesandsex said:
STRIDERSTRIDERSTRIDERSTRIDERSTRIDERSTRIDERSTRIDERSTRIDER

Hey, if Capcom won't...

jett

D-Member
img5.jpg

The backgrounds have black outlines too...first time I see that in a game. The prince and the enemy look pretty good, but I think the environments need work.

I wonder if we'll ever get a game that looks closer to this:

bog1.jpg

GhaleonQ

*laughs* Didn't Mechner do The Last Express, too? Compare, people. Similar styles, same palette, hard lines, and so on.

I loved the PoP games from last generation (SoT was one of the best games released last gen.), so suffice to say I am freakin pumped for this game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'll have to see this one in motion.

Looks nice... but I'm wondering if they changed the gameplay to match the art style.

I'm probably one of the few people who loved all the POP games. Even WW. This looks like a major departure. Maybe it'll be good...

Troidal

The art direction is impressive but why the gruff-looking prince? They just can't let go of the 'generic rage' in this game I take it ~_~

Atrophis

Holy shit. Those are fucking ridiculous! The texture work and model of the enemy in the second screen :O

I haven't played PoP since Sands of Time as wasnt interested in emoprince. Lets hope his character isnt shit in this.

Wow, this is one of the most gorgeous games I've seen this generation.

I don't even know what kind of series PoP is anyway =/

Zilch

Banned
Troidal said:
The art direction is impressive but why the gruff-looking prince? They just can't let go of the 'generic rage' in this game I take it ~_~

I don't think anything about him looks generic, though.

I'd actually go as far as to say he's a pretty good amalgamation of pretty-boy eastern style and bad-ass western action hero.

FightyF

Banned
Looks gorgeous!

One thing that made Zelda:OOT so impressive was it's animations...hopefully this can boast similarly impressive animation to match these visuals.

This looks amazing. And I'm so glad that it's a sort of series reboot.
edit: although I thought it was entitled "Prince of Persia: Heir Apparent".

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Troidal said:

That's a really annoying meme. So many games do the same thing and they aren't called on it.

I admit Godsmack on the soundtrack was kinda stupid and some of the voicework was as well... but the game was otherwise very good. And TTT was a return to a classic PoP aesthetic.

Give the team a break. Or hold other devs to the same standards.

Ænima

Troidal said:
We don't even know anything about this Prince's personality yet, it is way too early to be making such assumptions. Would you rather he look like a metrosexual?

Bojangles

It's growing on me quickly... at first I was thinking:

"Saturday morning cartoon merchandising strategy sell-out"..

now I'm thinking:

I can't figure out if it's really good texturing, or if it's some sort of slick new cell-shading algorithm.

jett

D-Member
GhaleonQ said:
*laughs* Didn't Mechner do The Last Express, too? Compare, people. Similar styles, same palette, hard lines, and so on.

I doubt Mechner is involved at all with this game, I bet he's busy with the movie.

jett

D-Member
Troidal said:

Well..it is being made by the team responsible for Warrior Within and The Two Thrones, you know. :p

Screenshots dont mean much nowadays, but if this game runs smooth, then fuck fuck fuck im buyin it.

You have my attention ubisoft, dont screw me over again like you did PoP 2, PoP 3, and AC. *Prays to the heavens this runs good*

robot

Looks amazing - guess they learned a few tricks from making the Naruto game. If it's the same team.

Top Bottom