• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia Prodigy Screens

pr0cs

reserving judgment till i see it in motion.
I can live with the art direction though and if it's anything like SoT I'll be there day one.

squicken

please play like SoT please play like SoT please play like SoT please play like SoT please play like SoT please play like SoT

RiZ III

The fire and bloom look nice. Namco-Bandai cel-shaded games this gen have pulled of cel-shading so much better though >_> <_< ::dodges tomatoes::

dmshaposv

SketchTheArtist said:
Most impressive is that the Art Director is none other than Mikael Labatt, POP: Warrior Within's Art Director. ;-)

I'm not surprised.

The art of the PoP games has always been great, technique wise. Even the WW artwork looked great, although it had the unnecessary baditude/sluttyness to it.

I guess after seeing how that game got thrashed by some critic for that reason and the mixed direction that two thrones took of both SoT and WW which comparitively got a better response, he just went for the middle road.

bridegur

This looks incredible. If I recall correctly, the other PoP games had great animation, so I'm sure this will too. Great, great style, hopefully the game lives up to the promise these show.

Haunted

FF 10 + DMC 4 = Prince Of Persia Prodigy

looks awesome
what the fuck are you on about? :lol

Or did you mistake = for &#8800; ? That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

Dama said:
WTF is this shit?

Please don't tell me this i sthe XBOX360/PS3 version.
There is only version, and it's PC/360/PS3.

And that's why the average junior is to be pointed and laughed at on NeoGAF.

G-Bus

Banned
bleh, not sure I like it. Never was a fan of cel-shaded games.

Really enjoyed SoT, and Warrior Within to a lesser extent. Didn't like the direction they took with Two Thrones.

Looking forward to seeing some video.

sciplore

This looks brilliant, I love to see more western devs using different artstyle approaches to games instead of the "who can get closer to the uncanny valley" look.

I was just going to look at this as just another PoP but this game has definitly been put on my radar. After Assassin's Creed I have faith that Ubisoft wont disappoint me.

Well they wont disappoint me too much.

C4Lukins

It looks so nice. It is wonderful to see a few developers finally using the power of these systems with stylized visuals. Something like this is just so much more impressive to me then the better looking more realstic looking games out now. This, LBP, and Mirror's Edge have me really excited about what else we could see this gen.

Barakov

The art style is godly. Even if it's only half as good as PoP: Sands of Time I'll be there Day 1.
Of course, I'm hoping it's superior in every way.

fisheyes

Haunted One said:
what the fuck are you on about? :lol

Or did you mistake = for &#8800; ? That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

I'm guessing... spiky hair + claw hand = prince of persia. That makes sense, right? Right? Please?

This looks incredibly sexy. Interest level up.

Dama said:
WTF is this shit?

Please don't tell me this i sthe XBOX360/PS3 version.
IMG

kbear

holy shit, looks like a fucking painting. what an artistic and technical monster...
Ubi consistently puts out some of the best looking games this gen (Assassin's Creed now this)

-Rogue5-

I will say that after Assassin's Creed I was expecting something more along those lines (visually) with the next PoP, but with a slightly more linear or focused adventure/story.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As much as i love the look of the game, it just doesnt strike me as a PoP game. Artwork is great blah blah but gah, can't they call it something else? Bob's persian adventure or something, this artwork just doesnt go with my PoP memories.

evlcookie said:
As much as i love the look of the game, it just doesnt strike me as a PoP game. Artwork is great blah blah but gah, can't they call it something else? Bob's persian adventure or something, this artwork just doesnt go with my PoP memories.

I would buy a game called "Bob's Persian Adventure".
Day one.

Why the hell are some people so fucking retarded?

I hear this about so many games lately...."why don't they just call it something else, it doesn't fit with my memories".

Seriously, shut up.

As for those asshats complaining about the prince looking "too gruff"...are you freaking serious?

Prince_of_Persia_-_The_Sands_of_Tim.jpg

The prince in SOT tore of his shirt the further he got in the game, and thats what he looked like! I have to hear the most asinine crap from completely ignorant people.

batbeg

Pimpwerx said:
Assassin of Persia? PEACE.

Every time I see a post from you I look over to your tag, read it, then assume it's because the mods hate you saying "PEACE." as much as I do.

Draft

I'm aghast that anyone could prefer the old Prince art to the new Prince art.

This shit is straight out of copy of Heavy Metal. It is everything that's right about Euro graphic art.

Does anyone know the art team/lead artist on this game?

Dali

duckroll said:
This game just jumped on my must-have list because of the art direction and direct feed pics alone. :D
Give a little credit to the IP. I mean Afro Samurai looks just as pretty yet I'm sure that's not on anyone's must-have list. Of course if AS is a must-have for you then ignore this post.

Holy crap, Ubi Montreal wins next-gen. The scans hinted at the game looking awesome, but these screens are an order of magnitude better.

The last two especially could pass as concept art for lesser games.

Top Bottom