• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia Prodigy Screens

GamerSoul

I seen this in the newest GI. It looks stylish and differen't which is a good change of pace. Cel-shading must be "in" now I guess. TWW was just ahead of it time :p

Dali

GamerSoul said:
I seen this in the newest GI. It looks stylish and differen't which is a good change of pace. Cel-shading must be "in" now I guess. TWW was just ahead of it time :p
:p means that was a joke, right?

besada

Banned
Looks great. I hope it's going back to puzzles and traps, instead of time-shifting sword fights.

And I'm totally stoked for Afro Samurai.

Looks awesome!
I really hope they don't try to be too much like Shadow of the Colossus though..
The prince looks alot like Wander in design and also the way the mountains look is very similar to SOTC.
But hey, if it turns out incredible I can't complain.

Footage please! :D

Ploid 3.0

bog2.jpg

reminds me of the way this character (the headgear covering one eye slightly thing, nothing else). I like that look.

28kob6e.jpg

Sean

Banned
Amazing, I love it.

The Prince of Persia games always had great animation too so I'm sure it'll be INCREDIBLE in motion.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
besada said:
Looks great. I hope it's going back to puzzles and traps, instead of time-shifting sword fights.

According to GameInformer, the focus seems to be on, "cinematic" swordplay. They said there won't be too many instances where the Prince is facing more than a handful of enemies at once in order to somehow make each fight really memorable.

I can only hope this means some context-senstive actions and not just watching the same slashing/block animations play out until someone dies.

Id.

Jumping jelly beans! The game...actually looks awesome.

Is this that same Prince of Persia that was rumored to take elements from The Legend of Zelda and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
incredible. I hope (and believe) the animation matches these stellar graphics. cant wait to see more, definitely on my "to watch out for" list

Rezbit

Wow, that was surprising. While I would have liked to have seen the Sands of Time visual style in now-gen glory, this actually looks really awesome.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i really hope we get a release date on this soon.

please be 2008. please give me something to look forward to this year.

beelzebozo said:
i really hope we get a release date on this soon.

please be 2008. please give me something to look forward to this year.

i remember someone saying it was scheduled for this fall. sure, that can slip, but i wouldn't be surprised if it made it out by then, either. we'll probably get a date next week @ ubidays.

angelfly

Wow the art direction is fantastic. I really hope it looks fluid in motion. My interest in this game just went up a lot.

JaseMath

I've never played a PoP game all the way through so I couldn't give a shit if the art direction strays from the PoP norm - respect! God, does it look good...!

Teknoman

Dama said:
WTF is this shit?

Please don't tell me this i sthe XBOX360/PS3 version.

Please dont tell me your ACTUALLY disappointed with this? Its friggin beautiful, and will look damn nice in action. Glad to see other games take this graphical route.Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, DBZ Burst Limit, Naruto PS3, Tales of Vesperia, Valkyria, and this are taking cel shading style to a whole new level.

Looks awesome! Though it is still Ubisoft so I need to restrict my enthusiasm. Also, WW is one of the worst games in my PS2 collection so... errr... still, looks great.

fernoca

Looks darn nice, but at the same time..I can't stop thinking about the Photoshop filter that makes eveyrthing look like that..mostly the backgrounds..maybe it's the intention I don't know..

AAK

Man, 3rd parties are acing this gen. Mirror's Edge and now this. I have never been wowed like this before.

burgerdog

Holy smokes, I wasn't even remotely interested in this game before. Well, I should also mention that I haven't played any of the new PoP games so I really had no reason to be excited over this one. I think I'll give this franchise ago when this game is released.

ZiZ said:
Needs more facial hair.

If they wanted to keep a prince of persia glamour look, they should have done more of a:

john_abraham11oct2007_sawf.jpg

look...

Not a:

jake-gyllenhaal.jpg

Shia La-Beuf older brother look.

The dude on top is an indian actor, but it's a lot more representative than what they have.

Personally, I wish they go entirely legit, and bust out a guy with a ZZ beard and a head-turban (Cyprus -persia style) but I'm sure that wouldn't fly due to the Bin Laden references Westerners would make.

Basically the original POP by Mechnar had the right idea when it came to the character aesthetics.

Teknoman

Of course the indian guy would've fit the prince better. That actor placement was just as bad of a screw up as getting some random non-muscular/ non martial arts skilled guy to play Goku in that Dragon Ball live action movie.

suzu

The new style looks awesome.

As for the people complaining about the actor choice for the movie... maybe he'll make a good prince? He may not have the looks, but makeup is an amazing thing. :p The guy isn't a bad actor either.

Top Bottom