• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 for Steam for ~ $14 / 10€

Blablurn

Holy shit, PES on steam!?

i9HPPXn2NhHEn.gif

Thanks for the heads up.

Do you know if there might be problems with the cross-region key thing. I understand Steam+Publishers were trying to block it.

No idea, but I guess since its they addded it already some time ago, it should be fine.

Jack cw

3 months after retail release... Konami you are seriously killing your sales, and no next gen version is so stupid. Congrats to this release policy and to your glorious Ground Zeroes DLC exclusive bullshit...

Hasney

er....PES2013 is on Steam. PES2014 was on Steam at launch.

Different region or something?

It wasn't at launch at least in the UK. After it came out on PC, I was searching for it manically and just ended up fobbing it off as coming later.

Bought it anyway at that price.

Bumhead

Banned
Did they ever fix the ability to import Option Files on Steam?

Because that was a nightmare with the Steam version of PES 2013 and made fixing the games licensing issues a complete pain in the arse.

Rainy Dog

I bought a physical copy for £12.99 the other week. Is a cracking game of football when patched up with the PES Edit patch or many of the other full patches/mods about.

Can the Steam version be patched? I heard it was a bit tricky and messy with the Stema version of PES 2013.

dani_dc

Just checked and I was wrong. It popped up on Steam in November. My mistake.

Konami stealth released PES 2014 on Steam way too late, even some site called "Gamesplanet" got it before Steam, then when it was released it had no kind of discount or deal, it just sort of appeared overnight.

It's really no wonder that most people aren't aware that the game is out on Steam.

dani_dc

I like how every day it has a counter and it says "1 day", and yet the next day comes and it has another day of sale to go!

Thus giving me another day to fight the urge to buy it.

sohois

Nice price.

Would love to hear some impressions from someone who has played the PC version.

The game is a great tech demo for what football should play like.

As a game, however, it is completely unfinished. Basic features missing, player models a complete joke, horrific UI, even the fucking soundtrack has the bare minimum of effort put into it - it's literally 10 tracks, half of which are generic musak seemingly dug up from the Konami archive.

Top Bottom