• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Problem in my DSLite?

BuddyC

Congratulations, it seems you have a functioning DS Lite. The system is known for its brighter /more vibrant colors, which in some games can cause a slight blurring during motion. Is that the extent of your problem, or is it something more pronounced?

Sho Nuff

Banned
almokla said:
The colors are too high!! is there any way to reduce them?

does anyone have this problem or its only me?

No, the screen is overly contrasty to begin with. The problem, I thought, is that GBA/original DS devs boosted the contrast to compensate for their shitty displays, and now that it's running on a proper screen, it's way too contrasty. However, running games on emu aren't nearly as contrasty, leaving me to believe it's the fault of the screen.

Johnas

Sho Nuff said:
No, the screen is overly contrasty to begin with. The problem, I thought, is that GBA/original DS devs boosted the contrast to compensate for their shitty displays, and now that it's running on a proper screen, it's way too contrasty. However, running games on emu aren't nearly as contrasty, leaving me to believe it's the fault of the screen.

Honestly I felt that way about the GBA SP+. I should probably check out a Lite before buying one.

Shapermc

There are four brightness levels. With one being the lowest and four the highest, anything above two is too much color/brightness. I recommend adjusting it to level two and seeing if that works for you. Also, the red saturation rates are pretty damn high, but the new SP is even worse. What I can't understand is how the micro has damn near perfect saturation.

Also, to say that "which in some games can cause a slight blurring during motion" is not accurate. Every game has blurring. That is due to the refresh rate of the screen. The micro does it too, but not as much. Either way it is many times better than the PSP.

The brightness is awesome but the colors are cranked too high. Any home theater buff who is familiar with 'red push' will know what I'm talking about.

Animal

Banned
I love the candy colors coming out of my ds lite...so juicy and nice to look at!
No complaints over here. I like to play at 3rd level brightness sometimes 4th.
The DS Lite screens are the sexiest screens I have ever layed eyes on.

newsguy

Anyone know about the red blur effect PSP screens have? This is nothing compared to that guys, so enjoy your new DS. I see a bit of a trail or odd blur in NSMB but it's nothing compared to the blaring red shadow you get in RR for the PSP or Popolocrois.

Top Bottom