• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask |OT| This Is Another Layton Game (But In 3D)

You guys gotta see this.

styzysT.png

Found here! It's even better because I totally recognized the wallpaper from this amazing (but now locked) thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447692

Dunkelgrau

I never played a Layton-Game before. Now I need some games for my 3DS because I drive into vacation with my girlfriend.

I have a big problem with puzzles like they are in Portal or Adventure-Games (The Next Big Thing and so on).

Should I give the professor a try anyway? How are the puzzles? Is there many story?

]blacky[;75389043 said:
I never played a Layton-Game before. Now I need some games for my 3DS because I drive into vacation with my girlfriend.

I have a big problem with puzzles like they are in Portal or Adventure-Games (The Next Big Thing and so on).

Should I give the professor a try anyway? How are the puzzles? Is there many story?

It's part point-and-click adventure, and then you find/are presented with puzzles to solve. They can range from laughably easy to very tricky. There's quite a bit of story, and for this title, I enjoyed it greatly. It's fairly standalone for the most part, but towards the end, there are a couple scenes that won't make sense unless you're familiar with the previous game (The Last Specter) and the movie (The Eternal Diva). It's nothing major, but you might find yourself scratching your head...

That's my take on it, at least. I'm sure veterans of the series can give a better description. Here's a pretty comprehensive review that also gives a good overview of what to expect.

Oxx

I need to find my card and download all the daily puzzles.

Or not, in case it burns me out on Layton just before the final game.

protonion

Oh geez... I must have 200 more to do! >_< Some of them, the boat ones in particular get ridiculously tricky!

I only had problems with tetraton. All the others can be solved if you figure out certain methods. For the boat just do it bit by bit. For instance between two rocks there is always a straight line. With patience I did all of them.

But the tetraton ones I just couldn't. I used a guide for 3 of them.

Top Bottom