• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, Firefox decided to crash when I went into fullscreen, but the first 5 minutes were just as fucking crazy as I remember. Seriously, when you doubt that Jack is a good guy, just watch the first 10 minutes of the Pilot and see Jack come out of the jungle, confused as anyone, and just GO TO FUCKING WORK once he realizes what happened. He seriously comes upon a shitfest and goes about organizing everyone to save as many lives as possible. Really makes me believe that he IS the leader and that Locke is just as confused as the rest of em' when it comes to what "The Island wants".

Aww hell, I'll watch the rest in the A.M.

Tim-E

Shannon is so annoying for the majority of this season. I do start to like her a little bit around when Boone dies/she's fucking Saiyd, though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Birdie, maybe you should pick a time that would remain the same on these days for people to watch it. Obviously people wouldn't have to stick to that, but I think having a time set that people can TRY to stick to if they WANT, might make the thread more lively at specific moments.

Tim-E

omg rite said:
Birdie, maybe you should pick a time that would remain the same on these days for people to watch it. Obviously people wouldn't have to stick to that, but I think having a time set that people can TRY to stick to if they WANT, might make the thread more lively at specific moments.

I think the way it is is fine. Just gives everyone a few days to chime in on that episode. Not everyone has to liveblog it like I am. :lol

omg rite said:

I figure that could be up to individuals. If someone ever feels like starting a given episode up, they can pop in, announce it, see if there's any takers.

Figuring out the date logistics of this nearly gave me a nosebleed so I'd rather not schedule anything again for at least a few years.

adelante

Wow...an awesome idea...as if I didn't need more procrastination time already! But i guess it'll really help tide us over til next season arrives

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Just in case anyone needs more incentive to stay up: there is currently a woot-off in progress

Please help us sell out this POS overprice USED juicer so we can get to the good stuff.

Raistlin

holy shit ... had no idea this thread was happening. EPIC idea!

I'll join as time permits. Need to find the eps though.

gdt

Onix said:
holy shit ... had no idea this thread was happening. EPIC idea!

I'll join as time permits. Need to find the eps though.

If you're American,

ABC.com has every episode, in HD.

Edit: Damn you and your thumbs.

Tim-E

Best shot of the season:

2jg9f07.jpg

Raistlin

Thanks Costanza and gdt5016

I do have to ask though ... any reason this wasn't held off by a month?

The BluRay releases for the first two seasons hit June 16th.

Tim-E

When was the last time we saw it start raining out of nowhere? If I remember correctly, it did it pretty frequently in seasons 1 and 2, but I don't think it happens at all anymore.

gdt

Onix said:

Me and BB got anxious.

DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Besides, those people will only be 13ish episodes behind :p.

Onix said:

Look at the dates, man. It is PERFECTED.

Also, we went way over this in the Finale thread, which hopefully you saw (the finale, not the thread). As the OP states emphatically, if you are not caught up, the whole show will most likely be ruined for you.

Shins

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Seriously, when you doubt that Jack is a good guy, just watch the first 10 minutes of the Pilot and see Jack come out of the jungle, confused as anyone, and just GO TO FUCKING WORK once he realizes what happened. He seriously comes upon a shitfest and goes about organizing everyone to save as many lives as possible. Really makes me believe that he IS the leader and that Locke is just as confused as the rest of em' when it comes to what "The Island wants".
Yup. It's nice to see Jack with some drive and purpose in his actions. Before things got all complicated, when fixing things was so straightforward.

Tim-E said:
When was the last time we saw it start raining out of nowhere? If I remember correctly, it did it pretty frequently in seasons 1 and 2, but I don't think it happens at all anymore.

It definitely happened in Season 4 when Locke's team split off. Hurley runs out from under a tree to Locke, who's basking in it.

"It's like a friggin' monsoon out --"

Rain stops.

Poor Locke.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Tim-E said:

It probably stopped after they moved the island since it stopped randomly jumping into areas where it was already raining, hence the flash downpour out of nowhere.

Magnus

This is an awesome idea. I'm in.

So the pilot episode never really had its own title? Or was it actually Pilot? :) Which would be nice and suggestive. :p

Tim-E

Also, Smokey/Facob was pretty brutal when murdering the pilot. I wonder why we've never seen anyone else die on the show in this fashion?

I also remember watching this episode and expecting it to be a dinosaur. :lol

Raistlin

BenjaminBirdie said:
Look at the dates, man. It is PERFECTED.

Does the new season start at the end of January? If so, then yeah ... it's a really good schedule. Decent spread between viewings, and leads right into the premier.

Also, we went way over this in the Finale thread, which hopefully you saw (the finale, not the thread). As the OP states emphatically, if you are not caught up, the whole show will most likely be ruined for you.

Oh, I was certainly in that thread :p

I'm not sure what this has to do with wanting to watch it in HD though ;)

gdt5016 said:
Me and BB got anxious.

DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Besides, those people will only be 13ish episodes behind :p.

It's no biggie. Was just wondering why.

Now I need to make the decision. Hold off, or start this weekend? :eek:

ZeoVGM

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I figure that could be up to individuals. If someone ever feels like starting a given episode up, they can pop in, announce it, see if there's any takers.

Figuring out the date logistics of this nearly gave me a nosebleed so I'd rather not schedule anything again for at least a few years.

:lol

Point taken.

gdt

How did you work out that schedule?

I just figured it would be every [certain amount, 3 or 4 etc] days.

But I looked to check something....and I see thats not the case.

Tim-E

Pilot, Part 1 is finished. On to part 2.

Edit: Sawyer is such a cock in this pilot. :lol His character has changed so much.

Zeliard

Tim-E said:
Pilot, Part 1 is finished. On to part 2.

Edit: Sawyer is such a cock in this pilot. :lol His character has changed so much.

Wait until he starts stalling treatment for a girl having an asthma attack by pretending he has her medicine.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. I was just looking at the Lost Episode List. This show is literally hemorrhaging viewers. With every episode it looses around a hundred thousand followers. Hopefully there are a shit load of people tuning in online that we aren't aware of.

Zeliard

ahoyhoy said:
Holy shit. I was just looking at the Lost Episode List. This show is literally hemorrhaging viewers. With every episode it looses around a hundred thousand followers. Hopefully there are a shit load of people tuning in online that we aren't aware of.

Season 3 is to blame for that. The first block of episodes were shit, and then there was a lengthy break. You can see the show suddenly losing a ton of viewers.

Tim-E

ahoyhoy said:

It's still surprising it has as many viewers that it gets, given how ridiculously complicated the show has gotten. Plus, so many people just watch it on DVD or online anymore, so the show is doing fine.

gdt

ahoyhoy said:

Well, we've talked about this before.

LOST is quite possibly the most heavily serialized, obtuse, complicated show in the history of television. And it's also recently became a heavy sci-fi show.

In it's 5th season.

So, of course the ratings would drop. Though, yes, LOST is the highest viewed show online. Legally and not.

But the bright side is that LOST still produces extremely good demo numbers, which is what REALLY matters, and not so much the overall ratings.

Tim-E

gdt5016 said:
But the bright side is that LOST still produces extremely good demo numbers, which is what REALLY matters, and not so much the overall ratings.

Yep. The show goes up against American Idol and whatever horseshit cop drama is on CBS every Wednesday, so like I said, it's doing fine.

Raistlin

ahoyhoy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not as bad as it looks. If that isn't tracking DVR and online viewership, there has been a steady upswing that correlates fairly well with the timing.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Who cares about the ratings? They're not telling in this day and age. Not even remotely.

My Facebook news feed was filled with HOLY SHIT LOST WTF over the past 24 hours. This doesn't happen for any other show. Lost is an aspect of pop culture that is hard to avoid.

It's hugely popular, and is in no danger in terms of ratings or whatever.

Tim-E

How fitting that I finish the pilot at 3:16. Anyway, I'm glad they didn't go with the original plan to kill Jack in the pilot and have Kate be the main character. I don't mind her at times, but Jack is awesome and I'd take him as a main protagonist over her any day.

Anyway, goodnight Losties. I hope the re-watch train is at full speed tomorrow.

gdt

Oh and what an awesome way to keep this show on our minds over the break.

It builds hype, discussion, and happens to be the perfect time to rewatch everything.

And not having a burst of watching and instead more of a constant stream is an awesome idea.

Edit: Oh and I'll be skipping August 8th :p.

Are we doing the mobisodes as well? They're fully canon, and one of them takes place just before Jack opens his eye in the pilot.

woodchuck

man, we need to try to find the original threads for the episodes. tried looking for the season 1 threads. too bad gaf's search is a piece of shit.

Kritz

Banned
I think I'll try to squeeze in my three episodes a week into the weekends, because I don't have enough time during the week to be watching (considering I'm ALSO watching, for the first time, Sopranos and BSG), but I'll try to hang on.

I don't ever post in the LOST threads (because by the time the thread is relevant to me, the episode's long finished). But I'll always read through them after the episode.

I think I've already seen the Pilot episode five times or so. Most of Season 1 I rewatched while waiting for Season 4. I'll see how I go with seasons 1-4 and when it comes out on DVD, season 5.

It's weird going back to having such a huge cast, compared to the fairly small one of Season 5.

gdt

Kritz said:
I think I'll try to squeeze in my three episodes a week into the weekends, because I don't have enough time during the week to be watching (considering I'm ALSO watching, for the first time, Sopranos and BSG), but I'll try to hang on.

I don't ever post in the LOST threads (because by the time the thread is relevant to me, the episode's long finished). But I'll always read through them after the episode.

I think I've already seen the Pilot episode five times or so. Most of Season 1 I rewatched while waiting for Season 4. I'll see how I go with seasons 1-4 and when it comes out on DVD, season 5.

It's weird going back to having such a huge cast, compared to the fairly small one of Season 5.

In terms of the Main Cast, Season 5 has 14; compared to S1's 14.

Zeliard said:
Best revelation of the season, best episode of the season, top 5 all-time Lost episode:

1hyr9e.jpg

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!

Agree completely, Walkabout is an all time great television moment. When they pan back and Locke is in a wheelchair...you learn so much about both the island and Locke at the same time.

chase

I stopped watching about 5 episodes into the second season. Flashbacks and purposeful avoidance of answers (despite logical character behavior indicating otherwise) had me alternately sighing in boredom and rolling my eyes. I'll leave the thread now. Glad you guys enjoy it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom