• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I cheated. :[
I watched Greatest Hits. And it was AMAZING.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
July 19: "Everybody Hates Hugo"

Most revealing/exciting episode ever? How else would we find out that people got jealous of Hurley's money?

neoism

May 15: "Pilot"
May 19: "Tabula Rasa"
May 21: "Walkabout"
May 24: "White Rabbit"
May 26: "House Of The Rising Sun"
May 29:. "The Moth"
May 31: "Confidence Man"
June 3: "Solitary"
June 5: "Raised By Another"
June 8: "All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues"
June 10: "Whatever The Case May Be"
June 13: "Hearts And Minds"
June 15: "Special"
June 18: "Homecoming"
June 20: "Outlaws"
June 23: "...In Translation"
June 25: "Numbers"
June 28: "Deus Ex Machina"
June 30: "Do No Harm"
July 3: "The Greater Good"
July 5: "Born To Run"
July 8: "Exodus"
July 11: "Man Of Science, Man Of Faith"
July 14: "Adrift"
July 16: "Orientation"
July 19: "Everybody Hates Hugo"
July 21: "...And Found"
July 24: "Abandoned"
July 26: "The Other 48 Days"
July 29: "Collision"
July 31: "What Kate Did"
August 3: "The 23rd Psalm"
August 5: "The Hunting Party"
August 8: "Fire + Water"
August 10: "The Long Con"
August 13: "One Of Them"
August 15: "Maternity Leave"
August 18: "The Whole Truth"
August 20: "Lockdown"
August 23: "Dave"
August 25: "S.O.S."
August 28: "Two For The Road"
August 30: "?"
September 2: "Three Minutes"
September 4: "Live Together, Die Alone"
September 8: "A Tale Of Two Cities"
September 10: "The Glass Ballerina"
September 13: "Further Instructions"
September 15: "Every Man For Himself"
September 18: "The Cost Of Living"
September 20: "I Do"
September 23: "Not In Portland"
September 25: "Flashes Before Your Eyes"
September 28: "Stranger In A Strange Land"
September 30: "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead"
October 3: "Enter 77"
October 5: "Par Avion"
October 8: "The Man From Tallahassee"
October 10: "Expose"
October 13: "Left Behind"
October 15: "One Of Us"
October 18: "Catch-22"
October 20: "D.O.C."
October 23: "The Brig"
October 25: "The Man Behind The Curtain"
October 27: "Greatest Hits"
October 29: "Through The Looking Glass"
November 2: Missing Pieces
November 4: "The Beginning Of The End"
November 7: "Confirmed Dead"
November 9: "The Economist"
November 12: "Eggtown"
November 14: "The Constant"
November 17: "The Other Woman"
November 19: "Ji Yeon"
November 22: "Meet Kevin Johnson"
November 24: "The Shape Of Things To Come"
November 27: "Something Nice Back Home"
November 29: "Cabin Fever"
December 2: "There's No Place Like Home"
December 5: "Because You Left"
December 8: "The Lie"
December 10: "Jughead"
December 13: "The Little Prince"
December 15: "This Place Is Death"
December 18: "316"
December 20: "The Life And Death of Jeremy Bentham"
December 24: "LaFleur"
December 26: "Namaste"
December 29: "He's Our You"
December 31: "Whatever Happened, Happened"
January 3: "Dead Is Dead"
January 5: "Some Like It Hoth"
January 7: "The Variable"
January 9: "Follow The Leader"
January 12: "The Incident"
Goddamn this thread will be HUGE!:lol :lol

btrick

Man a giant lost rewatch event is just what i need to make these days as an unemployed bum go by easier.

Starting the pilot now, i love how carefully we're introduced to each of the characters.

ZeoVGM

Banned
btrick said:
Man a giant lost rewatch event is just what i need to make these days as an unemployed bum go by easier.

Starting the pilot now, i love how carefully we're introduced to each of the characters.

I've said this before, but when I finally decided to give the show a chance, it was after I heard there was a big "plot twist" in the season 3 finale.

So while jobless, I watched all 3 seasons.

In 6 days.

gdt

omg rite said:
I've said this before, but when I finally decided to give the show a chance, it was after I heard there was a big "plot twist" in the season 3 finale.

In 6 days.

I had a week off from school.

I saw all the way up to 4.09.

In 6 days.

btrick

omg rite said:

In 6 days.

Nothing feels better than guilt free tv binging.

Man I miss charlie btw.

ZeoVGM

Banned
btrick said:
Nothing feels better than guilt free tv binging.

Man I miss charlie btw.

I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion on GAF, but my two favorite characters are/were Jack and Charlie.

I just find myself bonding with the more realistic characters, and I related to them both in different ways. I miss Charlie too. : (

I remember thinking "eh, this won't be anything special". Then I kept watching. And watching. And I can tell you exactly the line from the show that made me think "holy shit, this is my new favorite show ever":

"He wasn't on the plane."

FUCK YEAH THIS SHOW IS AWESOME.

neoism

gdt5016 said:
I had a week off from school.

I saw all the way up to 4.09.

In 6 days.
Wow i did the first three season in two weeks! That must have been an awesome 6 days!:lol

I dunno that I'll post much, but I'm gonna do it--just loaded that iCal data in (thanks!!). My will probably watch with me, but he didn't watch S6 because he is foolish, so it's going to be really, really hard for me not to spoil him on things. Thank god for you, GAF. I can just come here.

omg rite said:
I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion on GAF, but my two favorite characters are/were Jack and Charlie.

I just find myself bonding with the more realistic characters, and I related to them both in different ways. I miss Charlie too. : (
Yeah, Charlie was one of my favorite characters as well. He got to be a bit of a drag during his crazy baby-stealing phase, but any scene with him and Hurley was pure gold. And the whole arc of Desmond's visions -> Through The Looking Glass were the most emotional and compelling part of the show for me.

hey_monkey said:
My will probably watch with me, but he didn't watch S6 because he is foolish, so it's going to be really, really hard for me not to spoil him on things.
I hope you don't accidentally the whole season for him.
;)

Tim-E

neoism said:
Damn, I just love J.J's direction, wish he'd have directed more episodes! I'm sure Jack Bender did some 2nd director duties on this episodes as well! Damn, shame every episode couldn't have a 14mil budget! :(

The entire series' budget would exceed one billion dollars. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Hey guys, I've finished with Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread CALENDAR

XML
Ical
HTML (If you don't have a calendar or feed reader, you'll most likely use this one)

Even added some special blu-ray dates for all you guys. Unfortunately, it seems as if the 5th season comes out on discs 3 episodes into the great re-watch. Oh well. Life will find a way.

I'll update it continually when we get special Lost dates too (soundtracks, comic-con, premier of season 6, etc). So, enjoy!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I don't think it's a coincidence that the first thing Jack meets is Vincent. Nope, not a coincidence.

Not. One. Bit.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I don't think it's a coincidence that the first thing Jack meets is Vincent. Nope, not a coincidence.

Not. One. Bit.
Because Christian told Vincent to go wake up Jack?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
This 4 day gap seems to be one of the biggest on the list. It's like the 3 day hump.

Anyone else notice how Charlie is going after what ever girl he can try to get.

adg1034

smokeymicpot said:
This 4 day gap seems to be one of the biggest on the list. It's like the 3 day hump.

Anyone else notice how Charlie is going after what ever girl he can try to get.

Hey- it's what he's used to.

Charlie: Last night, I had... physical relations... with a girl I didn't even know.
Priest: I see. Anything else?
Charlie: Yeah, uh... Right after that I had... relations with another girl. Then straight after that, I- I watched while they had... relations with each other.

just some notes from re-watching Pilot.

Jack TOTALLY lied to Kate about his first surgery where he almost paralyzed that girl. As seen in las week's finale.

The (smoke?) monster is going completely apeshit. Facob? Because Jacob got them to the island?

gdt

TheWiicast said:
just some notes from re-watching Pilot.

Jack TOTALLY lied to Kate about his first surgery where he almost paralyzed that girl. As seen in las week's finale.

The (smoke?) monster is going completely apeshit. Facob? Because Jacob got them to the island?

I don't think he really LIED, he just left that detail out.

And at that point (just a few days after finding out about his father's death) I dont think he wanted to talk about him.

btrick

TheWiicast said:

I'm having trouble understanding that part exactly. is he trying to scare them or is he angry that they're there?

but then again, he acts so calmly as Vincent watching from afar.

Solo

gdt5016 said:

And at that point (just a few days after finding out about his father's death) I dont think he wanted to talk about him.

The most probable answer (and I dont care if Darko wants to quote his "making shit up" avatar) is simply that the writers at that point simply didnt know how big of a role Christian would have as the seasons rolled on, and they SURE AS SHIT hadnt thought up Jacob in the pilot.

neoism

gdt5016 said:

I loved that dam scene probably my favorite in the pilot!

Solo

neoism, you need to learn to use the edit button - Ive seen many a LOST thread featuring double, triple, or quadruple posts from you :lol

StuBurns

Banned
I don't see how he lied. He didn't say his dad told him to do it, but he didn't say he didn't either. He just says he closed his eyes and counted to 5, seems accurate to me.

I'm just sad we didn't see whatever it was spew out of her like spaghetti or whatever he said.

HA!

Last line of the Act 1, Charlie: "Terrific".

Just like Ol' Painty Can Lapidus when he saw Locke's body.

This first act is really great. Sets up everything, especially Kate's character, how if she had been in Jack's shoes, she'd have run.

"You're not running now."

So good.

Costanza

Banned
Solo said:
neoism, you need to learn to use the edit button - Ive seen many a LOST thread featuring double, triple, or quadruple posts from you :lol
99% of his posts have an exclamation point too :lol

gdt5016 said:
BB, how come yew aint down fer'a FNL watch?

I will never watch Season 2 again.

Also, yuck man, the Season 3 DVD music is going to be wrecked. Sad stuff.

Also, man I ain't got time for two simultaneous rewatches!

Speaking of music, man, fuck the DVD megaboxset, I want a 70 disc collection of every piece of score Giacc did for the show. How is the music from when the rain starts up to when Jack, Kate, and Charlie discover the front of the plane not on disc?!?

MADNESS!

gdt

BenjaminBirdie said:
I will never watch Season 2 again.

Also, yuck man, the Season 3 DVD music is going to be wrecked. Sad stuff.

Also, man I ain't got time for two simultaneous rewatches!

Speaking of music, man, fuck the DVD megaboxset, I want a 70 disc collection of every piece of score Giacc did for the show. How is the music from when the rain starts up to when Jack, Kate, and Charlie discover the front of the plane not on disc?!?

MADNESS!

You seem to hate S2 alot more than most.

Sad about the music, but what can you do?

oatmeal

Banned
I watched Act 1 of the Pilot...I didn't know that they aired a week apart, I find that strange.

Anyways, I noticed the Pilot, Jack and Kate were all wearing white...while Charlie was wearing black...

Clearly that means that Charlie is going to - AHHHHHH! THE PILOTS BLOOD IS EVERYWHERE!!!!

-

This is now making me question and theorize with everything that happens in this show now.

"Michael has black hair, he is with Facub!" - "The sand is white, like Jacob's shirt, that's because this is Jacob's beach which is why Facub won't go there, and has to hover in the treeline..."

This is going to be interesting to see the new theories.

neoism

Solo said:
post+1
=P
No, really what it is, is when I go to work for 12 hours, and come back to the thread, I read from where I left off, which usually is two to three pages back. As I read it if there's something I want to reply to I stop and do so, and then I just continue to read on. By the time I'm caught up I have three to six posts in a row!:lol :lol

stuburns said:
I don't see how he lied. He didn't say his dad told him to do it, but he didn't say he didn't either. He just says he closed his eyes and counted to 5, seems accurate to me.

I'm just sad we didn't see whatever it was spew out of her like spaghetti or whatever he said.
JUST FOR YOU SOLO:lol :lol :lol
I have to reiterate, how I fucking love that scene, best shit ever! Jack is so awesome, he helped everyone first, then when he had the time went somewhere quiet to fix himself, with the help of Kate!

gdt

neoism said:
post+1
=P
No, really what it is, is when I go to work for 12 hours, and come back to the thread, I read from where I left off, which usually is two to three pages back. As I read it if there's something I want to reply to I stop and do so, and then I just continue to read on. By the time I'm caught up I have three to six posts in a row!:lol :lol

JUST FOR YOU SOLO:lol :lol :lol
I have to reiterate, how I fucking love that scene, best shit ever! Jack is so awesome, he helped everyone first, then when he had the time went somewhere quiet to fix himself, with the help of Kate!

IIRC, aren't you starting FNL soon?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15875898&posted=1#post15875898

DoomGyver

So I just found out I can get seasons 1-4 on Blu for $160 on amazon.. that's pretty damn tempting (was going to wait for the entire collection)

but damn.. $40 a piece and free shipping is hard to pass up.

Do they come with a good amount of behind the scenes/extras/bloopers? Or are they just plain jane episodes?

neoism

Full Recovery said:
So I just found out I can get seasons 1-4 on Blu for $160 on amazon.. that's pretty damn tempting (was going to wait for the entire collection)

but damn.. $40 a piece and free shipping is hard to pass up.

Do they come with a good amount of behind the scenes/extras/bloopers? Or are they just plain jane episodes?
Dude if you don't have any, I'd just wait. It is a fuckawesome deal though, I'm getting the first 2 fo 40 as well. I'm sure the JESUS Edition will be 200 or maybe 175 on amazon. It'd be about a year and a half from know though! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom