• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Tim-E said:
Okay, Bender should probably have the last episode. But like someone else mentioned, Abrams should get the season premiere or another episode somewhere in the season.

How about episode 108?

Batongen

Banned
Just saw part one of the pilot. Love the fact that Jack's "never fear" talk was actually seen in the final of season 5:D .

gdt

It's really nice how quickly and solidly they establish the Jack/Kate relationship by having her use Jack's "fear" technique.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Just finished part 2. Sawyer with his short hair is crazy. He changed so much as a character from season one to season five. He really was just looked out for himself to becoming some what of a leader.

Locker with his Backgammon speech. That if you look at it now it came back around and is useable for season 6. The whole context of what he says fits.

Lost has some of the best writers.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
October 27: "Greatest Hits"
October 26: "Through The Looking Glass"
WTF, birdie!

Finished with the first 3 season on the calendars, gonna take a shower and finish what I can before I got to work in a half hour

XML
Ical
HTML (If you don't have a calendar or feed reader, you'll most likely use this one)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Awww yeah, keepin' mah priorities straight.
mud2u1.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop said:
WTF, birdie!

Finished with the first 3 season on the calendars, gonna take a shower and finish what I can before I got to work in a half hour

XML
Ical
HTML (If you don't have a calendar or feed reader, you'll most likely use this one)

10/29!!!

(I actually wrote all this down in a damn notebook!)

polyh3dron said:
Come on guys this needs to be on hold until season 1 and 2 come out on Blu-ray.

Hm, what's that? I can't hear you over the sound of Gary Troup getting eaten by a jet turbine.

Now you know how people who want to know what fresh DVDs are out this week feel when they're slapped in the face with Blu-Ray only New Release threads.

;D

(Judges also would have accepted: "What about Blu Ray?")

(Don't stab me, bro!)

Totz

Solo said:
Im not rewatching, but May 21 is the best day of this whole event.

Then just rewatch "Walkabout". It'll be the 14th time I'll watch. Best one hour of TV ever. No comments about that which is and always will be constantly useless are allowed.

Solo

gdt5016 said:
Actually, its January 12.

You really think The Incident is the best episode of Lost? I could see someone choosing the S2, S3, or S4 finales, but not the S1 or S5 ones.

Solo

It occurs to me: how has there never been a "favorite episode of LOST" poll/tally? We always just rank seasons. I want to see a poll where people choose the ONE best episode.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I'm really stoked to see "Greatest Hits" again.
"It's my greatest hits." :'[

gdt

Solo said:
You really think The Incident is the best episode of Lost? I could see someone choosing the S2, S3, or S4 finales, but not the S1 or S5 ones.

Yes, I really do.

opinionsassholesyaddayadda:p

And it's not because it just aired.

Totz

Solo said:
Yes
YES
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

The reveal that Locke was in a wheelchair always gets to me. Masterfully done.

Solo said:
It occurs to me: how has there never been a "favorite episode of LOST" poll/tally? We always just rank seasons. I want to see a poll where people choose the ONE best episode.

That constant bullshit will probably win, followed by Walkabout and Through the Looking Glass, not necessarily in this order.

Solo

Totz said:
The reveal that Locke was in a wheelchair always gets to me. Masterfully done.

Same here. In fact I posted a Youtube link to it yesterday in the S5 finale thread, and, once again, it blew me away. Even after seeing it so many times. LOST has never been better than Walkabout, and Giacchino arguably hasnt composed anything better for Lost (he has done better work for feature films).

adg1034

"Guys- wheh ahh we?"

Still an absolutely awesome pilot, made even more so by the fact that we now know so much more about the lives of these characters (and in some cases, their deaths, too). But it's also so much more than that- knowing that somewhere on the other side of the island, a man named Ethan was sent running towards the main crash site; knowing that a man named Desmond has just killed a man named Kelvin, and in so doing, caused the very crash that lies at the heart of the show, and is now sitting at the bottom of a hatch in the middle of the jungle; knowing that a book club organized by one Juliet Burke had to be called off when news of the crash came to the Others' village; knowing that very soon, a man named Faraday is going to be rocking back and forth in his chair, completely out of his mind, crying, as the footage of the so-called Oceanic 815plays out on the television in front of him.

In the end, it's all about the stories.

Totz

Solo said:
Same here. In fact I posted a Youtube link to it yesterday in the S5 finale thread, and, once again, it blew me away. Even after seeing it so many times. LOST has never been better than Walkabout, and Giacchino arguably hasnt composed anything better for Lost (he has done better work for feature films).

I just watched it. "Locke'd Out Again" is easily my favourite piece from Lost.

Now I'm even more pissed at that fucker Esau.

Solo

Im still holding out hope that somehow we'll get the real Locke back in S6. I just realized that hes been dead since the S3 finale!

Totz

adg1034 said:
"Guys- wheh ahh we?"

Still an absolutely awesome pilot, made even more so by the fact that we now know so much more about the lives of these characters (and in some cases, their deaths, too). But it's also so much more than that- knowing that somewhere on the other side of the island, a man named Ethan was sent running towards the main crash site; knowing that a man named Desmond has just killed a man named Kelvin, and in so doing, caused the very crash that lies at the heart of the show, and is now sitting at the bottom of a hatch in the middle of the jungle; knowing that a book club organized by one Juliet Burke had to be called off when news of the crash came to the Others' village; knowing that very soon, a man named Faraday is going to be rocking back and forth in his chair, completely out of his mind, crying, as the footage of the so-called Oceanic 815plays out on the television in front of him.

In the end, it's all about the stories.

Something tells me we'll see Jacob's/Esau's perspective of the crash in the season premiere.

Solo said:
Im still holding out hope that somehow we'll get the real Locke back in S6. I just realized that hes been dead since the S3 finale!

But dead is dead. :(

neoism

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Jack's acting during this dural Sack scene completely sells himself as an actor and invests the audience in his story. Just perfect.
Agreed, I for one think they acted better in the earlier seasons, I guess it's because, they were more themselves in the character's, they didn't know what /who they were!

neoism

Damn, I just love J.J's direction, wish he'd have directed more episodes! I'm sure Jack Bender did some 2nd director duties on this episodes as well! Damn, shame every episode couldn't have a 14mil budget! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom