• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrano

Hope it doesn't release this year, I was hoping to delay the PS4 longer and buy me a gaming PC.
Not a chance in hell this releases this year. Alternatively, the game could be announced for PC, though it may come later (as was the case with DkS2).
Nope Sony owns the IP. I think you are referring to publishing rights
My bad (and you are right, that was what I was referring to).

Moosichu

Yeah, the other possibility is that it's a new IP and as a result of that, doesn't have a formal name. Thus even if the leaker wanted to give a name to it, "Project Beast" might be it. Worth noting that Atlus owns the rights to the Demon's Souls name.

No, Sony does. Atlus only published it in the US.

Anyway....

I'm sad it has leaked :(.

But I am hype as fuck!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Still bitter about DS2 but I really hope that this game finds its place in the pantheon of souls among Demon's and Dark.

Just defeated Garl Vinland and Maiden Astraea again. Fucking incredible; I can't believe From added details like the depraved ones not retaliating or the plague babies attacking the depraved ones.

Give them a go! The whole difficulty part is exaggerated; you will die, but keep cautious and always on your toes and you won't die very much.

I think I will. Feel like I'm the only one who hasn't played any of them haha so I have that pressure behind me. Off topic a bit but does anybody know where you can get Demon's Souls cheap? UKGaffer here.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Everything about it screams Demon's Souls 2 to me. Might not be called Demon's Souls 2, but it damn well looks like a sequel to it..

Its the exact opposite for me, nothing about it looks like a Demon Souls, or even Dark Souls. Which is good, fresh new setting and ideas is something the franchise needs.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Did he shoot the enemies to set them on fire, or did the enemy in the back set the one in front ablaze?

tedtheodorelogan.png

nib95

Banned
You know what a havoc this would cause around the world, if someone greatly modded the pc version and put this stuff together?

I think Sony or From Software would have just come out and said as much by now if that were the case. It's surely too big for them to ignore if it were fake?

Persona7

Banned
Its the exact opposite for me, nothing about it looks like a Demon Souls, or even Dark Souls. Which is good, fresh new setting and ideas is something the franchise needs.

I feel this way as well. I think this will be a new IP. Like the jump from previous games to Demon's Souls.

UrbanRats

Its two totally different things in terms of genre.

I know, but that's the connection i made when looking at this webM.
It wasn't meant to be a direct gameplay comparison.

I think this has something of the REmake in it though, in terms of color palette and visual flair, at least.
Some of those shots remind me of the dark gardens around the mansion, in RE1 (Game Cube remake,).

Theecliff

Banned
It's a shame this has all leaked before E3, honestly. Imagine the crazy reactions of the inevitable announcement if none of this had leaked and no one had a clue.

Rad-

Looks like DS with guns. I still wish they would have done something totally fresh for a change but I'll be buying this anyways.

Krasnoya Ronin

Neo Member
You sure? I recall them owning, if nothing else, at least the rights to it for the US.

They published it in the US. SCEJ Studio published it in Japan. Namco-Bandai published it in EU/AUS.

For Dark Souls 1 & 2, From Software self-published in Japan and Namco-Bandai handled everywhere else.

The important bit, though, is that SCEJ Studio co-developed Demon's Souls. Sony regretted its decision not to bring Demon's Souls to the US, but thankfully ATLUS did (and they made some good dosh doing it). I imagine that for this, Sony would want to keep that sweet loot for themselves.

Also, it's totally gonna be a Shadow Tower spiritual successor, guys. I feel it in my loins.

It doesn't look next gen? Looks like a PS3/ cross platform game. Or maybe it's just the shitty video players.
It looks much better than any souls game today and there is a probability that the footage is just showing the project in its early stage like once with the leaked project trico footage.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Looks awesome, can't wait for it.

Concerning the WebMs to the leaked screenshots from before, we're missing footage of the player fighting the fat monster.
If I remember correctly it looked like there was a body in the background with a soul above it - just like the typical loot in a souls game. That would have been interesting to see more clearly for sure.

Cyrano

Stunning. I can't wait for the full trailer at e3.
I would curb your enthusiasm. There's plenty of rumors about that this won't be previewed until TGS. And really, I would rather them not show a game that isn't fairly close to completion. It... doesn't lead to good things.

Persona7

Banned
They published it in the US. SCEJ Studio published it in Japan. Namco-Bandai published it in EU/AUS.

For Dark Souls 1 & 2, From Software self-published in Japan and Namco-Bandai handled everywhere else.

The important bit, though, is that SCEJ Studio co-developed Demon's Souls. Sony regretted its decision not to bring Demon's Souls to the US, but thankfully ATLUS did (and they made some good dosh doing it). I imagine that for this, Sony would want to keep that sweet loot for themselves.

Also, it's totally gonna be a Shadow Tower spiritual successor, guys. I feel it in my loins.

I wonder if FROM is in a position to negotiate the deal specifics like IP ownership,limited exclusivity if they retain ownership and other things with Sony.

UrbanRats

I agree with you that they need to move away from the medieval setting and start fresh on that front, but i think it does feel like Demon's Souls 2, in that it feels much more dark and horror than anything from Dark Souls, that was, generally, more on the fantasy side, of the DARK-FANTASY spectrum.
I mean Dark Souls 2 barely has anything i'd consider "dark" even, in terms of tone (not just lighting, lol).

This already feels like something out of an old school Resident Evil or, case in point, how Demon's Souls would be in another time period.

Really hope this wasn't Sony's only big E3 reveal cause this will really take the wind out of any impact this will have during the conference now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS TRAILER

SONY WON E3 IF THIS IS REVEALED

SONY WON

Krasnoya Ronin

Neo Member
I wonder if FROM is in a position to negotiate the deal specifics like IP ownership,limited exclusivity if they retain ownership and other things with Sony.

I would imagine Sony still had a say in whether or not ATLUS could publish in the US. Remember, they still got a cut because they co-developed it. They just didn't think it would take off so didn't want to front the cash to publish it here.

ATLUS fronted the cash, and Sony still got paid (just not as much as they would have if they'd published it themselves).

The atmosphere definitely had a Demon's Souls vibe to it. As does the main character and the glimpses of the world. It'll be hard to move away from those comparisons, so they should just embrace them and make them part of the game.

I do agree a brand new IP in a fresh setting would be better, but it's hard to ignore how much like Demon's and Dark it looks.

I genuinely hope it's not. If guns are a thing, they don't belong in the Souls universe.

Ah damn, totally forgot this is rumoured to have guns.

After those webms though, I'm starting to think that probably wasn't accurate in the sense of what we think when guns are mentioned. There might be gun like projectile weapons, but I have serious doubts about if there will be actual guns in the game.

Cyrano

Ah damn, totally forgot this is rumoured to have guns.

After those webms though, I'm starting to think that probably wasn't accurate in the sense of what we think when guns are mentioned. There might be gun like projectile weapons, but I have serious doubts about if there will be actual guns in the game.
I dunno man. More broken Havelyn builds doesn't exactly excite me.

Krasnoya Ronin

Neo Member

The character is firing a shotgun in the webms. Shadow Tower had guns (it might not be a Souls game, but still use Souls gameplay elements).

B.O.O.M

Has there been ANY confirmation that this is Sony exclusive?

well we don't have any confirmation about many things :p

But the original leaker as well as few others have been hinting at Sony being involved. So much smoke = fire. I have no doubts. If SCEJ is part of it this is sony exclusive and most likely PS4 exclusive.

Mifune

Mehmber
I would curb your enthusiasm. There's plenty of rumors about that this won't be previewed until TGS. And really, I would rather them not show a game that isn't fairly close to completion. It... doesn't lead to good things.

Those rumors were about LAST TGS. As in, this game was pulled from that show at the last minute.

It will be at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom