• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

Turns out that specific crash was Dumbreck, but Webber had already flipped the car twice before that in qualifying and warm up lol.

Webba, mate:

CLRflip2.jpg

Arucardo

For the current project it will not be re-opened either.
You'll have a chance to invest into the next-gen consoles project.

It's still unclear whether that gives you access to the PC version though, there's still some confusion about it in the announcement thread on the WMD forums.

(ofc it would make sense that you would since that's the only way to test it during development, but we don't really know yet if SMS deems that as necessary)

It's still unclear whether that gives you access to the PC version though, there's still some confusion about it in the announcement thread on the WMD forums.

(ofc it would make sense that you would since that's the only way to test it during development, but we don't really know yet if SMS deems that as necessary)

Yeah, I still can't decide how I think it will work. 1. of course, how can you contribute with nothing play. 2. "Investment" means just that. It could go either way.

It's certainly possible they could make beta builds available through the nextgen services too. No PC testing in that case either.

japtor

yea, i remember the 911 gt1 flipped too
Back to the game, is stuff like that possible in it, like random aero+course condition combinations leading to freak accidents* like that?

*Well I'm not sure it's a freak accident in the Merc's case cause it happened more than once.

Blizzard

Banned
Back to the game, is stuff like that possible in it, like random aero+course condition combinations leading to freak accidents* like that?

*Well I'm not sure it's a freak accident in the Merc's case cause it happened more than once.
I'd guess it's more likely to have physics bug issues where you clip a landmine in the course and fall through the map or fly into the sky. I think those tend to get fixed along the way though. :p

One of the more amusing ones was right after they did the first pass for the new tire model, it was great, but you had to make sure NEVER to drive in the grass, or I think there was a chance you would slam into an invisible barrier for no apparent reason. As far as I know that sort of thing is a lot better now though.

Momentary

Banned
Really wish I would have known about this game when it was asking for funding. So what licenses do they have as of right now... It sucks that they can't seem to get Ferrari and Porsche on board. Is it costing too much money for SMS to get them on board? Have there been any talk about them opening up funding again?

They could probably go with lesser known exotic car makers like Icona with their Vulcano AWD hybrid luxury tech showcase supercar. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't argue to much with price to get a little bit of exposure.

Looks like the love child of the LFA and the F12 Berlinetta
icona-volcano-v2-628.jpg

Arucardo

This company would have made much more money to put towards the project if they would have never taken away the ability to get into the "beta"

Umm, it wasn't their call to make, the FSA forced them to stop accepting new toolpack purchases earlier than they'd planned.

People had over 18 months to get in to this project (starting with just 10 euros). There were plenty of warnings about the registering getting closed (Like 6 months or more before it actually did).

Good news is that you and anyone else who wants to get in might get a chance when the "investment" for the next gen ports opens up, but as I posted earlier I'm not entirely sure yet if you do actually get access with that.

fresquito

Today I've given the game a go; Asano x4 at Con hill. It's been a lot since I last played (old tyre model yet) and what a change! The car feels heavier, but easier to feel the limits too. I'm impressed how much it has evolved. There's still work to do, but they are on the right track.

Blizzard

Banned
Dunno haven't tried it yet. I just noticed that you can now start a new career as well as load an old one.

*edit* Oh, you were making fun of my typo. Nm.
Oh career! I'm sorry, I honestly wasn't making fun of your typo as much as I was confused since the only similar word I could think of was "carrier" and that didn't make sense either.

Sorry, I totally blanked on career. :(

Blizzard

Banned
Andy Tudor, creative director for PCARS, just got his Oculus Rift in the mail. :D Hopefully one of the graphics dev team gets their hands on it soon.

Jabba

Banned
Really happy I got in. Found out about it on this forum at least 8 months ago, probably more.

Haven't been able to test lately. Old laptop lost one of it's graphics cards.

DieH@rd

Banned
Awesome update on upcoming features:

Originally posted by Phil Merricks [game Producer]:
Hi Guys and Gals,

The team and I have been looking at short-medium and long term goals, listening to the will of the community and looking at areas of the game that need attention most urgently. What I'd like to share with y'all today is the work we're looking at doing now and next - the plan to the game's release is still being knocked into shape but we're much closer to a clear picture there. So in lieu of the full plan to release (which I will be sharing with you soon) here's a look at our plan of attack right now for the immediate future:

• Manual engine start controls - This is done and in today's build!
  • Weather setting - the full way of being able to specify the weather during a race, including random and "real" (downloaded from the net).
  • Tyres - Allow any tyre to be fitted to a car (configured in car setup)
  • Yellow/penalty flags
  • Track Cameras Tool
  • Post-track load (and on track) car setup
  • Full race weekend
  • Pitstops
  • Audio improvements - more on this soon!
  • Multiple custom livery support
  • KERS/DRS/Push to pass support
  • View replays in front end
  • Brake wear
  • Ballast system for MP
  • "Real" damage mode
  • Turn indicators
  • "Goggles" helmet for Lotus 49
  • Setup sharing
  • Windscreen dirt buildup
  • Live Track
  • New Concepts for Main Menu and Time Trial UI
  • Gear Ratio Setup System

This work will take varying amounts of time but I hope you'll agree this is all important stuff that'll make a significant contribution to the look, feel and experience that we're putting together. Please be assured that the wishlists posted and the PMs sent have been read and are being considered as part of our complete plan to the game's release, and have already been used to help guide us with our short term goals.

DpDDD.gif

You are doing it wrong, you should be asking for stuff that's not in it :p

GAH! Next time I should just fall in line. Here, forgive me:

Awesome update on upcoming features:

• Manual engine start controls - This is done and in today's build!
  • Weather setting - the full way of being able to specify the weather during a race, including random and "real" (downloaded from the net).
  • Tyres - Allow any tyre to be fitted to a car (configured in car setup)
  • Yellow/penalty flags
  • Track Cameras Tool
  • Post-track load (and on track) car setup
  • Full race weekend
  • Pitstops
  • Audio improvements - more on this soon!
  • Multiple custom livery support
  • KERS/DRS/Push to pass support
  • View replays in front end
  • Brake wear
  • Ballast system for MP
  • "Real" damage mode
  • Turn indicators
  • "Goggles" helmet for Lotus 49
  • Setup sharing
  • Windscreen dirt buildup
  • Live Track
  • New Concepts for Main Menu and Time Trial UI
  • Gear Ratio Setup System\
    [*]Make it more like fuggin' Ah-Factah 2
    [*]Make WiiU version better than PS4\Durango one
    [*]Fix dat Shift handlin'
    [*]FSA logos on all the cars as per agreement

Arucardo

There's only one line/feature missing from that list:
-added TrackIR support

;)

Still, can't wait for those changes, especially car setup without having to load the track again.

Shaneus

TrackIR would be epic. Especially since I found a program thing that can convert a Kinect connected to PC to a TrackIR-compatible signal.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Mercedes license confirmed by Ian..

1952 300 SL W194
1971 300SEL 6.8 AMG 'Rote Sau'
1989 Sauber C9
1990 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 (DTM racing version)
1998 CLK-LM
2012 SLS AMG GT3
2012 C-Class Coupe DTM
2013 A45 AMG
2010 SLS AMG Coupé

Great list :)
+
It's getting there. I recorded a lap last week of me going around with the 98T:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8G944nDQl0

shitty driving but it'll show you the track

= come out already!

Top Bottom