• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

Neiteio

Kamiya's not a fan of Twitter. Twitter just formed to help Kamiya broadcast his emoticons, and he's nice enough to let the rest of us use it.

Btw, the P-100 trailer (and other WiiU trailers) are in the eShop on the 3DS. This and Pikmin 3 require a microscope on the 3DS screen, lol.

Exeunt

I just watched the GameSpot walkthrough of the demo from a few pages back and I think this title looks awesome. I thought the game would be really hard to follow with all the heroes running around at first, but I don't think that'll be much of a problem playing it at home on an HDTV. The visuals look really smooth and quirky and the action in the demo looks really fun and dynamic. Unless later word of mouth is awful, I'll be getting this when it comes out.

I'll also echo the sentiment of "why wasn't this shown at the conference"? When asked that very question, the representative in the video makes it clear that it was NoA's decision not to show it off... While I'm guessing it would've been blasted online for being "too niche" to close the conference or anything like that, I think it would've gone a long way towards making the conference look better. I suppose it's similar to the Fire Emblem announcement. In the end, I'm glad we're getting this.

beril

I wanna know how long Kamiya has been working on this. What has he been doing in the time between finishing Bayonetta and starting development on this? Besides tweeting.

If the game will be close to launch (ie this year or early 2013) I doubt he has had much time to do anything in between. That's three years since bayonetta, not an unthinkably long development time. Maybe 6 months of pitching + 2.5 years development. Or 1 year of pitching and 2 years of development might be more realistic.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm really sad people are ignoring this game. You can pretty much see it from posts outside of this.

Hell, I consider this THE game of the show, much better than those sickening realistic crap.

I'm really sad people are ignoring this game. You can pretty much see it from posts outside of this.

Hell, I consider this THE game of the show, much better than those sickening realistic crap.

I blame Nintendo. Leaving this out of the conference was just insane. A goofy trailer introducing people to the heroes + a gameplay trailer would've been a much better use of time than 10 minutes of Arkham City or the dancing/music games. I still think they could've launched new mascots with the right trailer.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I blame Nintendo. Leaving this out of the conference was just insane. A goofy trailer introducing people to the heroes + a gameplay trailer would've been a much better use of time than 10 minutes of Arkham City or the dancing/music games. I still think they could've launched new mascots with the right trailer.

They did give it a Spike exclusive, but it was probably lost in the immediate press conference afterglow. Also, it needs a name.

gogogow

Man, I don't care what people say about the graphics, I think it looks fun, the road falling apart looks awesome and the gachapon machine was cool as hell.

ibgau0hDPnM9Bn.gif

zroid

Banned
Man, I don't care what people say about the graphics, I think it looks fun, the road falling apart looks awesome and the gachapon machine was cool as hell.

http://i.minus.com/ibgau0hDPnM9Bn.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I always thought it looked ~good~, but then after I saw the ground crumbling scene, I was convinced this is graphically one of the best games of the show.

monome

From rewatching the videos, I do see VJ & DMC things in it.

Yet Kamiya not pimping his game is not good. I can deal with no Bayo 2 but it is a shitty (although surprising) reveal...

Alx

I always thought it looked ~good~, but then after I saw the ground crumbling scene, I was convinced this is graphically one of the best games of the show.

Yeah, and that's just the first level. If the craziness ramp is half as steep as the one in Bayonetta, TV screens will melt from all the awesomeness before the end of the game. :p

Now I want it. Though all these games currently on WiiU are nice, they aren't system sellers. There should have been a bomb at launch and at least 2 in the launch year, while you pick up stuff like this. And why didn't they show this at the conference, no one knows. They apparently all went schizophrenic at Nintendo.

Slermy

It should have been in the sizzle reel at least. :(

In either case, I'll definitely be picking this one up. Looks great! Don't worry Platinum, I'll support you as always.

I'm seriously considering buying the system just for this game. PlatinumGames hasn't disappointed me yet. Has it been said if it will be available on the download service?

kunonabi

I'm seriously considering buying the system just for this game. PlatinumGames hasn't disappointed me yet. Has it been said if it will be available on the download service?

I think all Nintendo published titles are supposed to be available for download.

I thought the trailer looked great. Like you control your own "army of ants. " I think it looks neat and platinum games making it makes me want it more.

Olaeh

I'm buying this game day one, even if I don't have a Wii U by then. It looks too good not to support. It truly would have been PERFECT to replace WB's time with a gameplay demo of this. You look in other threads and people don't even know about this game :(

wrowa

Do we know if the 100 in "P-100" stands for the amount of little characters we can recruit into the party ?

I assumed that it's really just a technical term. P for Platinum and 100 for their first (Nintendo) game. A sequel to P-100 would be P-101 and another Nintendo-published IP by Platinum would be P-200.

That's probably totally wrong though. :p

Hiltz

I assumed that it's really just a technical term. P for Platinum and 100 for their first (Nintendo) game. A sequel to P-100 would be P-101 and another Nintendo-published IP by Platinum would be P-200.

That's probably totally wrong though. :p

An interesting analysis.

SYNTAX182

I just watched the GameSpot walkthrough of the demo from a few pages back and I think this title looks awesome. I thought the game would be really hard to follow with all the heroes running around at first, but I don't think that'll be much of a problem playing it at home on an HDTV. The visuals look really smooth and quirky and the action in the demo looks really fun and dynamic. Unless later word of mouth is awful, I'll be getting this when it comes out.

I'll also echo the sentiment of "why wasn't this shown at the conference"? When asked that very question, the representative in the video makes it clear that it was NoA's decision not to show it off... While I'm guessing it would've been blasted online for being "too niche" to close the conference or anything like that, I think it would've gone a long way towards making the conference look better. I suppose it's similar to the Fire Emblem announcement. In the end, I'm glad we're getting this.

What the? Can we get rid of Reggie now? That guy is the worst. Every time I see him I wanna punch his face.

ibgau0hDPnM9Bn.gif
This scene, the design and giant monster reminds me of South Park and the Mecha-Barbra episode for some reason lol.

Can't wait to play this game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope Platinum doesn't end up making me buy a WiiU to play this game and then I end up barely touching it after that. I haven't missed a Platinum game yet, but from everything I've seen, this is the only WiiU thing that made me go, 'fuck yeah, i need this'. Even Rayman Legends, which looks gorgeous, is kind of 'yeah, but i've played this'

SpokkX

This game was the best surprise this e3.

Pikmin will be great but this just seems so fresh and original. Oh and technically it IS really impressive, just look at all the stuff happening

Kamiya is the greatest game designer besides Miyamoto himself though, so it is not really surprising this looks amazing.

The name needs a change though

Himself

This topic has way more posts than Pikmin 3 and many other E3 discussion threads.

Hiltz

Maybe the 100 name in the title might refer to how many missions are in the game. Check out the yellow "Mission:004" on the left side of the HUD. (you can see in the images below).

Dresden

Maybe the 100 name in the title might refer to how many missions are in the game. Check out the yellow "Mission:004" on the left side of the HUD. (you can see in the images below).

It probably refers to the number of sales it'll have.

Kard8p3

It probably refers to the number of sales it'll have.

Which is a shame because Nintendo could turn this into their next big franchise if they wanted to. Franchise potential is all over this and I hope it gets some representation in the next Smash game.

Top Bottom