• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scissors: NightCry (Clock Tower Spiritual Successor) PC Kickstarter ($300k)

Verger

Banned
The staff really is amazing that they've put together even in contributor roles:
w92ZgNY.jpg

I wish more people would be excited..."Please be excited..."

Verger

Banned
Well with only 8K to go I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed to fund, barring some weird shenanigans of people pulling out at the last minute.

I wonder if there are any metrics to where most of the pledges are coming from? I'd be curious to see how much of it is from Japan.

Verger

Banned
Thankfully, it looks like they'll get funded. I don't think we'll be making any of the stretch goals, though.
Yeah, I would have liked to have reached 400K to get the extra playable character and even more ways to die.

But I guess I should be thankful they're going to make their funding. Still wish they could get more funding and backers.

Has this project been advertised by any big websites?

peakish

There's no way it isn't making it now, and I was so sceptical in the beginning of the month! Just these past 16 hours it must have gained $30k or so, right?

There's no way it isn't making it now, and I was so sceptical in the beginning of the month! Just these past 16 hours it must have gained $30k or so, right?

They've been getting large donations over the past week or so. They had a really rough start but it must be in the bag now 💃

This has to be one of the greatest kickstarter comeback stories, at least in the gaming field.
What a turn around!
I'm absolutely stoked for the team and eternally thankful for the (comparatively) small crowd of dedicated and generous backers.

Brhoom

Banned
This has to be one of the greatest kickstarter comeback stories, at least in the gaming field.
What a turn around!
I'm absolutely stoked for the team and eternally thankful for the (comparatively) small crowd of dedicated and generous backers.
I never checked a kickstarter page this often before.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Damn, never expected this to happen, to be honest. Absolutely looks like they'll make it now. Even though the PC version isn't really that important to me, I would have no problem playing the mobile version instead.

I never checked a kickstarter page this often before.

Same here. For the first 2 weeks it was the first thing I looked at in the morning on my phone, the first thing I checked on the tube home from work and the last thing to look at before falling asleep.
It got too depressing, though, and I had to stop.
When I came back to it about a week later I was equally in shock and in absolute joy :)

atomsk

Party Pooper
Considering how close it's going to be when it finishes, I really hope they budgeted realistically and didn't assume they would go way over.

But considering that Vita/Mobile was happening regardless, I'm not *too* worried

Why are they asking for only 300k? I'm fairly certain each and every Clock Tower game had a way higher budget than that and I hate seeing yet another Kickstarter where they asked for too little cause of poor budgeting and then aren't able to deliver.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I kept assuring you guys they would be fine, looks like there is nothing to worry about.

Well, there was something to worry about, I don't think this Kickstarter wouldn't of passed if some key things didn't happen in the last week, a big part of it being big horror lovers such as myself, AlphaOmegaSin, and more reporting on the game in the last week and making a push to try and raise awareness. It was after some bigger youTubers, streamers, and finally sites started pushing for it in the last week that it finally started seeing the money amounts go up, a little over week ago it wasn't even half-way to it's goal. I'm happy it looks like it'll make it though there may be some fund drops soon so hoping it goes a little over just in case, but this is barely cutting it and likely wouldn't of happened unfortunately if some people didn't step it to the plate to promote this.

This all said, very happy it passed and looking forward to the PC version. A shame some of the extended goals won't be reached, but the main goal, getting a PC version and a version just not on handhelds, has been reached.

Why are they asking for only 300k? I'm fairly certain each and every Clock Tower game had a way higher budget than that and I hate seeing yet another Kickstarter where they asked for too little cause of poor budgeting and then aren't able to deliver.

The Kickstarter isn't to fund the whole game, it's for funding a version that isn't Vita/Mobile, the main goal to make a PC version. The game was going to be made regardless, funded out of the own director's pocket and some money friends invested in him for the project. For budgeting, they couldn't make a PC version, but the $300,000 will cover it. There's stretch goals for a PS4/Xbox One version, but realistically I don't think any of us expected these to be reached unless some sort of miracle happened.

Also, they had another simultaneous funding program happening over on a Japanese site, don't know the full details on that but someone here explained it earlier.

ArjanN

Yay, they made it!

The Kickstarter isn't to fund the whole game, it's for funding a version that isn't Vita/Mobile, the main goal to make a PC version. The game was going to be made regardless, funded out of the own director's pocket and some money friends invested in him for the project. For budgeting, they couldn't make a PC version, but the $300,000 will cover it. There's stretch goals for a PS4/Xbox One version, but realistically I don't think any of us expected these to be reached unless some sort of miracle happened.

Also, they had another simultaneous funding program happening over on a Japanese site, don't know the full details on that but someone here explained it earlier.

That reminded me, their separate Japanese Campfire campaign:

http://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/1443

is at 2,927,000 of 3,000,000 yen now, so almost there.

With them so close and already working on Vita, any chance Sony could help out and get it on PS4 too? I would love it there on the big screen with the headphones on. Glad a PC version is happening though, I can get that down the line :D

Bl@de

Yay over 300000. amazing comeback after a terrible start with no awareness. Great job by everyone who helped getting people in to support it.

Bowl0l

Will backers get access to beta version of the game to criticize?
I am hoping that the two stretch goals (New ways to die and new playable characters) get turned into DLCs if the KS stretch goals can't be reached.

Verger

Banned
Woo Hoo! So glad to see this pull out a win at the last minute! Definite kudos to the people responsible for turning things around and getting the word out. Also to whoever came up with the means to get those expensive tiers to be supported.

Someone should update the thread title that it's been "FUNDED" :)

ZeroX03

Banned
Congratulations!

Now quickly, switch the PS4 stretch goal with the first one and watch the number jump up to $350k.

impact

Banned
Glad this game won't be stuck in the gaming ghetto. I'll definitely pick it up on Steam if it ends up being good.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Absolutely fantastic news. Can't wait to play this. I hope it's as Argento, as the original SNES game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Not really sold on this. The footage they are showing looks like it has had enough work put into it to be considered more than a mockup and it doesnt look very good....

ArjanN

Their seperate Campfire campaign also just made it by the way:

http://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/1443

over 3,000,000 yen. (about 25K USD) That still has a week left though.

I wonder if that'll go towards any strech goals of the kickstarter or if it's seperate.

Not really sold on this. The footage they are showing looks like it has had enough work put into it to be considered more than a mockup and it doesnt look very good....

It's more than a mockup yeah, but I also isn't final at all. I think with some more work on the animations and a better framerate it'll look very solid.

Top Bottom