• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

coastel

Really interested in the CPU and hope they will reveal something about it. Even if it's just clocked higher than the pro. I'm all up for a more powerful console but I would really like to see some decent improvements over the ps4 pro.

CB vs slightly higher CB isn't something I would be interested in or CB vs native 4k if the CB is very close to its IQ. As in if it's 1800p CB vs native 4k will there really be that much of a difference. Hopefully settings are higher aswell like medium pc vs high for example.

With not many exclusive games for me it really needs to give a decent improvement over the pro for it to be worth it. MS really need a game to show it off like horizon for ps4. That being said I would buy it anyway and it is a massive upgrade for current xbox one owners with the specs we already know.

Interesting. Not interested in Forza at all, but I am curious about its performance. Going 4K this year, so this might become my third party device as I'm not interested in having a PC next to my telly.

THE:MILKMAN

What Shinobi602 said should actually be put in the first post in my opinion. It's starting to sound really good. The hardware sounds damn impressive he said. Wonder what MS went with for this system.

It would be nice to get clarification of whether he means design/build or specs/power when he says impressive hardware. I guess with only 4 days to wait, teasing/non-straight statements are inevitable.

At least it looks like we won't be waiting until E3 now.

jelly

shinobi Is sound. Sure he gave us a sneak peak of the Xbox One S before others, well a tiny corner of it or something. I trust him on this.

It's on now!

Start the hype train.

Hell yeah!!!

Awesome man, thanks!

It would be nice to get clarification of whether he means design/build or specs/power when he says impressive hardware. I guess with only 4 days to wait, teasing/non-straight statements are inevitable.

At least it looks like we won't be waiting until E3 now.

My guess is it's more powerful than expected. Not sure if that could mean Ryzen tech in there, but I doubt he means design.

Conduit

Banned
To clarify for all of you beautiful people.

A major outlet visited Microsoft this week to take a look at Scorpio and its specs, using Forza Motorsport 7 as a showcase.

I've had the information about FM7 being a 4K "showcase" for a while, but it wasn't until a friend of a friend of a friend of a writer at this particular outlet (no prizes for guessing who) leaked the big reveal to me that I considered it confirmed. It made previous information I had make more sense, combined with info I got from what's happening with the Forza guys, etc. Expect a deluge of coverage next week.

The fact MS is showing off Forza and Scorpio now potentially bodes well for E3, hopefully they're going to give us a better idea of what their games line-up will look like in 2018 and beyond, but they're prob going to be cautious with how far out they go, due to the whole Scalebound thing. I think they're aware of the narrative surrounding how their line-up looks like compared to Sony's.

We generally have good info on Microsoft's internal happenings from years and years covering Windows, Surface, Lumia (RIP) and whatnot, as tech press rather than games press.

Cheers

Nice post. But i would appreciate to explain to all of us this tweet :

7A3dlty.jpg

MCD

With all these insiders might as well make it official. Announce the announcement, Spencer.

http://i.imgur.com/7A3dlty.jpg[img][/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Spending what seems like an eternity here.

He's not exactly wrong.

Neogaf is no better or worse than any other forum.

http://32ipi028l5q82yhj72224m8j.wpe...DC2017-Advanced-Shader-Programming-On-GCN.pdf

if someone wants to know more about the shader improvement for xbox scorpio over Xbox One S and Ps4 Pro

7A3dlty.jpg

what explanation do you need?

and NeoGaf is full of "assholes"

no lies detected

Goddamn, I tried to keep my excitement low and normal but after that Shinobi602 tweet I can't anymore. Definitely sounds like Scorpio has some surprises in there in terms of hardware and not just what that white paper earlier this year stated. We will find out soon. Exciting times.

We already know Scorpio does this?

we don't know for certain, but it's very likely
all rumors point towards the newest GNC generation
possibly not 100% the same, as scorpio is still a custom soc, but this should give an idea about the improved gpu processing

Goddamn, I tried to keep my excitement low and normal but after that Shinobi602 tweet I can't anymore. Definitely sounds like Scorpio has some surprises in there in terms of hardware and not just what that white paper earlier this year stated. We will find out soon. Exciting times.

http://32ipi028l5q82yhj72224m8j.wpe...DC2017-Advanced-Shader-Programming-On-GCN.pdf

if someone wants to know more about the shader improvement for xbox scorpio over Xbox One S and Ps4 Pro

We already know Scorpio does this?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
With all these insiders might as well make it official. Announce the announcement, Spencer.
At time of writing the time is 05.05 a.m. in Redmond. I don't know if they announce things on weekends, but if so we will have to wait for at least a few hours more.

That's not true. Some games are 60fps on Pro and locked at 30fps on a regular PS4. Snake Pass and No Man's Sky are recent examples according to Digital Foundry.

http://youtu.be/-wBvsx84Dys (go to 6:20)

http://youtu.be/ojkeV9Hnq6E
I should clarify that I'm meaning that about games like Destiny. I just don't see them pushing different framerates on consoles (especially for pvp, etc). I hope that they can get 60fps on all 4, but if the Xbone and ps4 can't do 60, I doubt we'll see that on the Scorpio and Pro.

But I'll be happy to be proven wrong!

Looking forward to seeing whay they have to show and what the hardware looks like.

I already have a decent PC and PS4 Pro, so I don't expect to be blown away by graphics, as they will probably fall somewhere between the Pro and a good PC but I want to know details on framerates and what games they are going to offer, especially exclusives games.

THE:MILKMAN

My guess is it's more powerful than expected. Not sure if that could mean Ryzen tech in there, but I doubt he means design.

I'm keeping my expectations low as I have all along. I just can't see the logic in having Ryzen and/or being otherwise more powerful than we already believe if like PS4 Pro, it will have (software) restrictions in place so has to not undermine Xbox One.

Can't really justify getting another platform especially one with so few exclusives that appeal to me. But competition is good for the industry, so still hoping for an excellent system with decent specs and would like to see their VR solution.
Unless you are a pc gamer or only Japanese exclusives appeal to you I don't see how anyone could say something like that giving how diverse the xbone console only lineup is.

I hope it's not only Forza. Forza 5 ran at 1080p 60fps on a launch XBO, prior to all the SDK optimizations. It's pretty clear the next Forza is going to be capable of hitting native 4k60.

Nice desperate attempt at crapping up the thread.

No need for this.

Conduit, Xbox thread, of course there is.

Must expel the heathen who dare criticise!

Lets ignore the fact that the original thread had to be fucking locked and for mods to step in because thats not indicative of anything

Nice of them to do some backseat modding though, im sure Modbot would appreciate someone allowing them to put their feet up

jelly

I hope it's not only Forza. Forza 5 ran at 1080p 60fps on a launch XBO, prior to all the SDK optimizations. It's pretty clear the next Forza is going to be capable of hitting native 4k60

Yeah, it's not really a wow moment for me. Sure it looks nice but just a strict racer. FH3 at 4K60 or a sequel that is even better looking, yeah.

Nope, the top Xbox One S with 2TB drive was $399. As Scorpio will be marketed as "premium device" there needs to be another level in pricing and on the other hand just try to build a system with similar specs less than $1000. Good luck!

The price range for Scorpio will start at $499 with 1TB drive.

Cosign

Biggzy

Wonder why they are not just waiting to announce at E3? It's not that far off.

Perhaps they want to focus E3 on just games and other announcements. It makes sense to announce the specs before hand as we know the console is coming out and the main highlights of the specs.

It's pretty sad people are actually mentioning the fact that he enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda when it has absolutely zero to do with hardware. Plenty of people I know enjoy that game. Totally irrelevant to all this.

Asd202

It's pretty sad people are actually mentioning the fact that he enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda when it has absolutely zero to do with hardware. Plenty of people I know enjoy that game. Totally irrelevant to all this.

It's sad that people are so sensetive they can't take a joke.

opricnik

Banned
I would be surprised if it looks any better than GT Sport, if at all. (Pro version)

I expect a small improvement over F6 and then native 4K 60fps on Scorpio. Hope they surprise me though!

No way .If its their showcase game then it must look phenomenal not slightly better version of other console game. I mean it should look playable in like Forza 4 Vista mode(Xbox 360).

Even those games looks amazing in replay or vista modes they still look meh in actual racing

Top Bottom