• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone is coming to both Europe, Australia, US in the summer of 2013 for 3DS

Subtle

To those saying that there's not much plot in Project x Zone, how can you make such factitious claims? Clearly you guys are missing the complex nature and intricate character developments. It's actually quite prevalent, and very fascinating as it's revealed.

jTKvZUQ.gif

I rest my case.

What a horrible plot. Her breasts are badly animated. :p It looks like it jumps a frame.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe a silly question, but if I disliked Namco x Capcom, any chance I'd like this? I hear this is far superior.

Well, here's the comparison for the two:
- Mook enemies don't do attacks anymore. Instead you're just struck with damage when they attack you. Boss/mini-boss type enemies however have a single target attack animation and an area-effect attack animation. They are quick and skippable too.

- No more simon-says minigame when receiving damage.

- Unlike NxC where only a single attack is mapped to a specific button combination, in PxZ it's actually a combination. For instance, the X and Zero tandem's Neutral A attack is X firing three X Busters while Zero does his Z Saber combo, during which X charges up a charged shot that is then fired. They're virtually faster in animation too, and unlike NxC, said attacks have both characters perform an action rather than just one.

- Due to this, you have "fewer" actions per character's "battle" segment, with 3 actions when you start before becoming 4 (and +1 more if you get the "use all attacks" bonus in the battle scene). Compare to NxC where you can go up to 7 attack actions or more due to cheap, repetitive attacks for maximizing combos (i.e. performing Rutee's Bloody Rose twice in a row will net you +1 attack action because it deals many hits and reaching a certain amount gives you the action bonus, so you'll stop attacking to reset the hit counter and do it again)

- Supers and area-effect supers can be skipped, and PxZ doesn't have the shitty "MULTIPLE ASSAULT" message from NxC

- Instead of each characters having their own super bars, everyone shares the same "XP (cross point) Bar". You can perform the super of the current character you are using when it reaches 100% but you can save it up to deal more damage or to cast support spells.

- Also movement is more intuitive because you actually move the character in the given moveable grid rather than point-clicking. The UI is also much better because it immediately tells you which characters you are having a support attack with, etc.

- No more simon-says minigame when receiving damage.

Thank goodness.

- Instead of each characters having their own super bars, everyone shares the same "XP (cross point) Bar". You can perform the super of the current character you are using when it reaches 100% but you can save it up to deal more damage or to cast support spells.

- Also movement is more intuitive because you actually move the character in the given moveable grid rather than point-clicking. The UI is also much better because it immediately tells you which characters you are having a support attack with, etc.

These two are really cool. Thanks for the input. I'm watching more vids, deciding if I should try to pick this up. The addition of the Sega franchises too, obviously is nice. Love that Ulala. ha.

Seik

Banned
I'm enjoying Namco X Capcom with the translation patch via PCSX2, I'm not always playing though, I have it since almost 1 year and I have played a total of 13 hours. I'll finish it eventually but I prefer to play it by batches. Its really too easy, but I play it just for the fun of doing it, the story is hilariously random and the cast, oh that cast, so full of classic characters! Multiple Assaults are delicious to watch. :D

If PxZ makes this one harder, I'm even more all in. Can't wait. o.o

Now that we talk about it, I'll probably try to finish it next week-end, this release is all hype.

Eusis

... really? Can't we try to retain the slightest bit of dignity?
I do have to admit, this would annoy me way, WAY more in a game trying to be more mature and serious. As is this sounds like a kinda mediocre SRPG that's riding on all flavors of fanservice, so I'll save the ire.

Eusis

You're talking about this? No, I haven't. Can you blame me?

RFWuioE.jpg
That's actually a terrible representation.

Most Super Robot War games are giant mecha crossovers that play out like strategy RPGs. I don't believe they're all that hard, but it sounds like the gameplay's solid enough, at least enough for the licenses to be scrubbed out in favor of fully original stuff and still be well regarded.

PKrockin

Most Super Robot War games are giant mecha crossovers that play out like strategy RPGs. I don't believe they're all that hard, but it sounds like the gameplay's solid enough, at least enough for the licenses to be scrubbed out in favor of fully original stuff and still be well regarded.

I wouldn't know, because I don't know a thing about the game other than that it was the only game specifically linked to under the International Releases section of the Super Robot Wars Wikipedia page.

"It's like people haven't seen or played a Super Robot Wars game before"... you're right. As far as I can tell, they haven't. Hardly anyone has.

cj_iwakura

I wouldn't know, because I don't know a thing about the game other than that it was the only game specifically linked to under the International Releases section of the Super Robot Wars Wikipedia page.

"It's like people haven't seen or played a Super Robot Wars game before"... you're right. As far as I can tell, they haven't. Hardly anyone has.

Well that's because they all bombed. If you want a real SRW game, the Original Generation games were localized for GBA. They're SRPGs, not action RPGs like Endless Frontier.
(Mind you, I love EF)

Eusis

Well, that's why I tried to give a quick rundown. I'm actually not a serious fan of it, I'd just followed it enough in the past from when people gushed about it.

Out of interest how is that game, I've been interested in it since I found out Monolith worked out it.

Since Namco Bandai's newly localization happy for JRPGs, I do sort of wonder if some of the SRTOGs might start making it over again? Like 2nd OG on PS3 or maybe something on 3DS if it gets any?

Refyref

I just started playing Endless Frontier two days ago! Maybe this is a sign? :p
Well, at least now I recognize Haken and and Kaguya.

fates

Again I say its as if folks haven't seen or played an SRW game before.

Yeah this isn't really that bad considering some of the stuff SRW did. I still remember Selena from SRW @3, her boobs were like individual entities attempting to tear themselves from her chest during her cut-ins. Shit was whack.

squall23

This looks pretty good, will probably pick this up. One question, what are the chances of dlc, like more character pairings? I mean, I like enough of the characters now to be happy with it, but maybe some more would be cool too.
No chance because none have come out for the Japanese version and there hasn't been any news of any to be released.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah this isn't really that bad considering some of the stuff SRW did. I still remember Selena from SRW @3, her boobs were like individual entities attempting to tear themselves from her chest during her cut-ins. Shit was whack.

Yup! The big thing here in comparison to the SRWs... is that theres way more females. So there's going to be more of that. But this is status quo otherwise.

This looks pretty good, will probably pick this up. One question, what are the chances of dlc, like more character pairings? I mean, I like enough of the characters now to be happy with it, but maybe some more would be cool too.

The only DLC in jp ver were some items.

Top Bottom