• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prometheus (Alien 'prequel' movie) starts shooting March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

ibztwSxCM5KNnK.gif
OMGOMGOMG!

*fapping furiously*

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Its so odd to see such an old guy not allow his age to take away his edge. That may be premature to say but from what I've read of Scott and the images/trailers he seems to have held on to what makes a good sci fi film.

Suck it, Spielberg and Lucas. Fuck your walkie talkies and Jar Jar Binks. This is entertainment.

Apple has a 30-second "first look" with some behind-the-scenes stuff and brief glimpses of actual footage. The full trailer will be online on Thursday. (I'm assuming it'll run in theaters in front of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and/or Mission Impossible.)

EDIT: YouTube

Wow, new footage looks great. Also wonder what Idris Elba is looking up at that has him so freaked, hmmmm. ;)

FoneBone

most of us already saw the leaked trailer, we know what kind of content is there

Yeah, we'd just rather not be analyzing blurry messes like they were Rorschach tests. Though it's still not clear whether the actual trailer will be the same as the leaked version.

The only problem I think this film will have is the issue of technology. Seems to look more futuristic than Alien. Same thing happened with the Star Wars prequels.

Replicant

The only problem I think this film will have is the issue of technology. Seems to look more futuristic than Alien. Same thing happened with the Star Wars prequels.

I get the feeling that parts of the fake spoilers we got not too long ago actually has some truth to it. And yes, it contained a revelation as to why the film looks more futuristic than Alien.

Also, the trailer is probably composed mostly of scenes we have seen already from the 2 previews released thus far.

I don't understand what people are complaining about...do they think the artists interpretation of the technology is like current aesthetics and not the old 70s look? Or that the actual technology in the movie looks ahead of the technology that the miners had in Alien? Becasue why would you want a new movie to look like it has technology out of the 70s? And to be quite frank the current (or past) spaceshuttle looks on par with the instruments in the Nostromo...It's just a bunch of blinking lights on a dashboard.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Okay, well I was hyped for this movie but now I can't fucking wait. Holy shit Ridley.

i've never seen Alien. Dunno why i'm hyped about this movie.

They fuck? Why not? Go watch the blu-ray now, it's a gorgeous, timeless film, you'd think it came out this year.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

I was thinking this too after seeing these clips but:

look again, the holographic display of the planets is in an alien world, alien technology, all the other displays shown of the ships so far have been simple monitors and dashes with lights.

Alternate explanation which I hope is not the case:
the science team is from the distant future, but somehow goes back in time during this movie depositing the derilict found in alien in the past.

Truant

The whole technology thing was a big issue on GAF when Deus Ex Human Revolution was announced.

Nobody gave a shit when the game came out and everybody loved it. I suspect the same thing will happen here.

Gattsu25

Banned
The whole technology thing was a big issue on GAF when Deus Ex Human Revolution was announced.

Nobody gave a shit when the game came out and everybody loved it. I suspect the same thing will happen here.
Didn't really bother me in DE:HR but it bugged the hell out of me in Star Wars Ep. 1

Mainly I think this can be attributed to Ep. 1 being a piece of shit so all the little nagging points stick in my mind.
i don't own bluray =( i've seen Aliens Aliens 3 and 4 not 1 =(
Now you know what to ask for Christmas ;)

Just watch it on DVD.

gabbo

I still stand by my initial thought that someone from the crew in Prometheus initiates the signal that leads the Nostromo crew being sent to get the xenomorphs for the Company in Alien.

Truant

Didn't really bother me in DE:HR but it bugged the hell out of me in Star Wars Ep. 1

Mainly I think this can be attributed to Ep. 1 being a piece of shit so all the little nagging points stick in my mind.

I think the major argument would be Space Truckers vs Megacorp. Seeing fishermen on their boats doesn't exactly scream 2011 THE FUTURE IS NOW. Not everything has to be high tech and futuristic, it just has to serve its purpose. The Nostromo could be old as balls, it probably was. That's a perfectly fine explanation in my opinion.

Stet

Banned
I still stand by my initial thought that someone from the crew in Prometheus initiates the signal that leads the Nostromo crew being sent to get the xenomorphs for the Company in Alien.

Has there been any evidence that the film takes place on LV-426?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom