• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

promising australian baseballer man shot by stupid idiot teenagers in oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

RELAYER

Banned
As a disgraced resident of Oklahoma, I suggest the Australian government issue a travel advisory urging all Australian citizens to restict any unneccessary travel to the state of Oklahoma. Living here should certainly be out of the question, as well.

Wow, that's pathetic.

RELAYER

Banned
Funny you should mention that. The politician behind Australia's draconian gun laws from 1995 has come out and said Australians should boycott the US until they get their act together on guns. He said its the only way we can show them how irresponsible they're being. He had a few choice words for the NRA too.

Sounds like a fantastic way to ruin U.S.-Australia relations.
What an idiot.

As a disgraced resident of Oklahoma, I suggest the Australian government issue a travel advisory urging all Australian citizens to restict any unneccessary travel to the state of Oklahoma. Living here should certainly be out of the question, as well.

Yes, because people never get shot in any other state, am I right?

Jackson

aussie091841--525x300.jpg

This photo is not accurate afaik
Who the heck are those 3? They don't even look like the same people in the mug shots.

Chancey-Luna_James-Edwards-Jr_Michael-Jones_620x350_610x344.jpg

Very sad. 4 lives wasted and many more changed forever for no reason at all.

EBCubs03

Banned
Anybody can murder a defenseless person with a gun but these fucks probably think they have skill and talent and courage with a firearm because that's how delusional these wannabe soldiers see themselves

That's what pisses me off the most about stories like these. If you're gonna murder somebody at least have enough sportsmanship to give your target a real chance

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Such a terrible shame.

A terrible shame that lives were lost for no reason at all.
A terrible shame that young people aged 15-17 were just... throwing out their lives just like that.

Damn shame :(

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. It's not a valid point at all. You can sit here all day and come up with what-if situations and imagined reactions to no end. What is the point of discussion a hypothetical racial controversy where there isn't one, though? It's nothing but a derailment that detracts from the tragedy of a promising university student being randomly gunned down for no reason whatsoever.

Isn't that what happened in the Trayvon Martin thread?

reggie

Banned
People saying they should be rehabilitated, lol. Ok, well you can be the first person to volunteer to be their neighbors when they are inevitably released. Have fun.

t26

People saying they should be rehabilitated, lol. Ok, well you can be the first person to volunteer to be their neighbors when they are inevitably released. Have fun.

If they can somehow afford to live there, why not? Not saying our system is working but I met young men who spent time in prison who are doing everything possible to never go back. The 15 years old is young enough to have a chance to get out and get his life together.

You know what "rehabilitated" means right? If they are too risky to be released into society, they won't be.

y2dvd

Anybody can murder a defenseless person with a gun but these fucks probably think they have skill and talent and courage with a firearm because that's how delusional these wannabe soldiers see themselves

That's what pisses me off the most about stories like these. If you're gonna murder somebody at least have enough sportsmanship to give your target a real chance

Nothing sportsman-like about murder. What, like give the victim a 2 minute start? Make a game out of it?

The killing is so nonsensical. I just don't understand the concept of killing a random jogger giving street cred. An eye for an eye so there are 3 less killers to worry about in the future.

It seems the oldest, Jones, is willing to talk and feel some sort of realisation of what they've done.

The younger two though, they seem like real pieces of work. The Aussie media has been plastering the news with footage and screenshots of the accused's social media footprint. It portrays them very badly, with particular focus on 'gang' related culture.

Really? What has Oklahoma done to you? I've lived here my whole life and have met the nicest people, especially when compared to cities like New York and stuff. I don't live in a very exciting place, but I mean if you want a nice little town, it's definitely not a bad place to live.

KingGondo

Banned
Dealing with the Gang Culture and those that promote it head on without mercy would be more realistic and effective.
I lived in Duncan for 5+ years. Not much of a "gang culture" there.

There are definitely a lot of poor, marginalized minorities, though. Not to mention easy access to guns.

KingGondo

Banned
This is pretty much the recipe for gang culture.
I haven't heard any indication this was gang related, or that the shooters were in gangs. "Gang Culture" is one of those things you see tossed around when black kids shoot someone, just like "mental health" is tossed around when guys like Adam Lanza go on a shooting spree. These are often just red herrings for those who don't want to discuss restricting access to firearms in any way.

It seems like an easier solution to me to make it harder to get guns than to "aggressively confront Gang Culture," whatever the hell that means. We wouldn't prevent every shooting, but we'd prevent a lot.

Mesousa

Banned
I haven't heard any indication this was gang related, or that the shooters were in gangs. "Gang Culture" is one of those things you see tossed around when black kids shoot someone, just like "mental health" is tossed around when guys like Adam Lanza go on a shooting spree. These are often just red herrings for those who don't want to discuss restricting access to firearms in any way.

It seems like an easier solution to me to make it harder to get guns than to "aggressively confront Gang Culture," whatever the hell that means. We wouldn't prevent every shooting, but we'd prevent a lot.

I dont separate the two.

Any time where people feel the need to collect, have, or even use firearms is "Gang" culture IMO.

I agree we need to get rid of the guns.

I rarely advocate the Death penalty, but you can't let people like that living. Those that kill out of boredom are not fit to be on society since they have no respect for human life.

The dead of the jogger was devoid of motive or sense, a complete waste. They gain nothing from it but entertainment. Maximum Sentence follow by Death is the action they should take.

Pollux

So...where's the outrage from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and other leaders of the black community?

Can you imagine the outrage that would be happening right now if these three kids where white and Chris Lane was black?

Who the heck are those 3? They don't even look like the same people in the mug shots.

Chancey-Luna_James-Edwards-Jr_Michael-Jones_620x350_610x344.jpg

Very sad. 4 lives wasted and many more changed forever for no reason at all.

Seriously... is that a mistake on whatever TV station aired those photo's part? The TV screen cap pictures look stretched horizontally but even still...

Seriously... is that a mistake on whatever TV station aired those photo's part? The TV screen cap pictures look stretched horizontally but even still...

They were probably rushing the story through in an attempt to get more views. Though, the fact that the murderers are getting all the attention irks me. The media is probably going to get some big-wig psychiatrists to do their own special analysis on why the 16 year-olds decided to sudden kill people. And then they'll get try to talk to their families on television. Ugh.

tri_willy

the only thing the media are concerned with is trying to get ratings, fuck em.

no kind of rehab are gonna set these kids straight, they were lost causes from the moment they used fucked up reasonings to commit their act. sentencing them to life in prison is simply a waste of tax payers money. do you really want to see your tax dollars go towards these cunts? no fucking way. death penalty, the quicker the better.

true victims are the families/friends on both sides... although i can not speak much on the families of the 3

Death penalty is too fucking easy. These fuckers need to be punished. They should cut off their hands, tongue, and dick, knock out their teeth, gouge out their eyes, pour acid in their ears (just enough to make them deaf, not kill them), and then lock them up. See how they enjoy life now.

Some of you are truly creative people in respects to mutilating, injuring, or outright killing other humans. I'm, in a weird way, almost impressed.

Let them face the courts. They'll be punished as much as they deserve, and we as a society need to consider how and why this happened and then do our best to reduce or eliminate it from ever happening again. Step one may be figuring out how they got guns and then pushing for stricter gun control.

no kind of rehab are gonna set these kids straight, they were lost causes from the moment they used fucked up reasonings to commit their act. sentencing them to life in prison is simply a waste of tax payers money. do you really want to see your tax dollars go towards these cunts? no fucking way. death penalty, the quicker the better.

For the thousandth time on NeoGAF, executing someone in the U.S. costs more money than life without parole. There are multiple sources which explain this, but the jist of it is that the process to convict someone and assign them a punishment of death, then go through various appeals and so forth, is actually more expensive than just letting them rot in prison. Let's also throw on that in at least some instances, executed people are posthumously cleared owed to new DNA evidence, and there are few cases where it is sensible to execute someone instead of sticking their ass in prison.

Death penalty is too fucking easy. These fuckers need to be punished. They should cut off their hands, tongue, and dick, knock out their teeth, gouge out their eyes, pour acid in their ears (just enough to make them deaf, not kill them), and then lock them up. See how they enjoy life now.

Yeah, I'll fuckin', I'll fuckin' lay your nuts on a fucking dresser
Just your nuts laying on a fuckin' dresser
And bang them shits with a spiked fucking bat BLAOW!

Torture motherfucker what!

Mr. Patch

So...where's the outrage from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and other leaders of the black community?

Can you imagine the outrage that would be happening right now if these three kids where white and Chris Lane was black?

Since you want to "play the race card," why is the lightest one the only one not charged as an adult?

slit

the only thing the media are concerned with is trying to get ratings, fuck em.

true victims are the families/friends on both sides... although i can not speak much on the families of the 3

As I said before, they are under 18 and cannot be executed. It doesn't matter if they are tried as adults or not. The supreme court has already made this decision.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Since you want to "play the race card," why is the lightest one the only one not charged as an adult?

I believe he got a plea deal, or some such, because he gave up information on what happened.

KingGondo with the truthbomb!

Sigmaah

I think like this sometimes when I hear of crimes such as this one being committed.

I feel like if torture(not exactly what you said) but some sort of it was a real thing, these crimes wouldn't happen as often because the consequences would be more serious. Just what I think though.

Life in prison with nothing to lose so why not kill more in jail? Nah fuck that.

Glasshole

Banned
For the thousandth time on NeoGAF, executing someone in the U.S. costs more money than life without parole.

I think the difference for the dude you're addressing lies in the usage of the money: In one case, it will be used to kill them. In the other, they will be 'rewarded' with food and shelter (don't need to explain to me that life in prison ain't chocolate cake).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Because the shooters didn't go free, and were quickly arrested and charged, and the victim isn't being blamed for being at the wrong place at the wrong time and deserving to get shot?

I fucking hate the stupid "where's the outrage?" meme that pops up every time a black-on-white crime happens that completely ignores the central issue of the Treyvon incident i.e. the fact that the shooter got off free and the victim was being constantly blamed and painted as a villain.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Complete monsters... This is really tragic.

I guess the only solace is that their little rampage didn't go on for much longer...

Enzom21

Were these kids not quickly arrested and properly charged?

The reason there is so much outrage when it's white on black crime is because it is largely ignored by the police, like the Zimmerman case.

Zimmerman would not have been charged if there hadn't been outrage.

There is quite the history in this country of the murder of blacks being ignored when they are murdered by whites.

Can the same thing be said about whites murdered by blacks... hell no! No outrage is needed because like in this case they promptly arrest the perpetrator.

Your silly ass post is not needed because there is no miscarriage of justice occurring here.

For the thousandth time on NeoGAF, executing someone in the U.S. costs more money than life without parole.

Thats a huge problem.

Death penalty should be there to save money. The problem is all the appeals and countless retrials death row inmates get.

Just give them 1 trial and expedite the execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom