• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

promising australian baseballer man shot by stupid idiot teenagers in oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
CBS showed that one of them made a video of himself holding up a shotgun and flashing gang signs.

slit

Thats a huge problem.

Death penalty should be there to save money. The problem is all the appeals and countless retrials death row inmates get.

Just give them 1 trial and expedite the execution.

Oh yeah because as we've seen through DNA evidence the prosecution ALWAYS gets it right. WTF?

apana

I think like this sometimes when I hear of crimes such as this one being committed.

I feel like if torture(not exactly what you said) but some sort of it was a real thing, these crimes wouldn't happen as often because the consequences would be more serious. Just what I think though.

Life in prison with nothing to lose so why not kill more in jail? Nah fuck that.

It is natural to have these kinds of emotions but you should also realize that this kind of solution is silly and will make us less safe. Torture does not deter crime, there are plenty of societies where criminals are beaten and tortured and the criminals know they will be tortured and yet crime goes on unabated. The only thing that would happen is innocent people would inevitably be tortured and you would end up destroying any semblance of justice and glorifying violence and authoritarianism. A much simpler and more rational solution would be reasonable gun control laws, better training for the police force and increasing their salary, and investing not just money but time and focus into the education system. These are however radical ideas in today's day and age so I apologize if I have offended anyone. By the way I don't know where people are getting this idea that life in prison is some kind of walk in the park.

So...where's the outrage from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and other leaders of the black community?

Can you imagine the outrage that would be happening right now if these three kids where white and Chris Lane was black?

Why should they be anywhere near this? This isn't in their domain. I've dropped three people from Facebook today for this same same rhetoric. This is a comparison of two vastly different murders. As long as their locked up for life there's no need to incite anything else.

Rootbeer

Banned
jamesakabugtweet1.jpg

Goddamn, man...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/justice/australia-student-killed-oklahoma/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Sothpaw

https://twitter.com/JAMESAKABUG/status/328744054915477506

Its a hate crime, now we wait and see if it gets charged as such. He also wrote about knocking out 5 white people after the Zimmerman trial.

The very definition of a hate crime. The killers are uneducated, racist scum who have no place in modern society.

Why should they be anywhere near this? This isn't in their domain. I've dropped three people from Facebook today for this same same rhetoric. This is a comparison of two vastly different murders. As long as their locked up for life there's no need to incite anything else.

All I ever see from the two is knee jerk reaction and race baiting when a black person was supposedly wronged. If they are the leaders they claim to be, why not chime in on the racist tweets or how three teenagers have absolutely zero reason to ever be driving around the streets bored with a gun?

These two will never rise above the level of jokes to the general population if they are only concerned with one side of the equation.

Enzom21

All I ever see from the two is knee jerk reaction and race baiting when a black person was supposedly wronged. If they are the leaders they claim to be, why not chime in on the racist tweets or how three teenagers have absolutely zero reason to ever be driving around the streets bored with a gun?

These two will never rise above the level of jokes to the general population if they are only concerned with one side of the equation.

Why would they be needed in this particular case? Did the police ignore this murder? Did the police not arrest the perpetrators? There is no miscarriage of justice here.

I don't always like or agree with what Sharpton and Jackson do but in some circumstances they are needed, this is not one of those circumstances.

Why would they be needed in this particular case? Did the police ignore this murder? Did the police not arrest the perpetrators? There is no miscarriage of justice here.

I don't always like or agree with what Sharpton and Jackson do but in some circumstances they are needed, this is not one of those circumstances.

It turns out Zimmerman wasn't guilty of a crime as determined by our legal system. Which was the same reason he wasn't immediately charged; there was a lot more cloudiness in that case.

If Zimmerman went around joyriding and killing people because he was bored, and also made extreme racial comments, and yet wasn't charged, your sort of comment might make more sense, yes?

Enzom21

It turns out Zimmerman wasn't guilty of a crime as determined by our legal system. Which was the same reason he wasn't immediately charged; there was a lot more cloudiness in that case.

If Zimmerman went around joyriding and killing people because he was bored, and also made extreme racial comments, and yet wasn't charged, your sort of comment might make more sense, yes?
One, I didn't say anything about Zimmerman in my comment so what the fuck are you talking about?!

Two, these people were charged for their crime so why would anyone need to speak out against it?

So...where's the outrage from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and other leaders of the black community?

Can you imagine the outrage that would be happening right now if these three kids where white and Chris Lane was black?

I love how you guys parrot your talking points so quickly.

White people kill black people every month and vice versa, and you never hear about it on the news unless it's a particularly egregious case like this (or, you know, Trayvon Martin). You can cherry pick all you want, it's not going to work.

And let's not forget one of the kids was white. Funny how you people keep forgetting that.

I actually know some people who are very close to the victim and his girlfriend.. really sad situation but it isnt the white Trayvon Martin and to try and canonize him is atrocious.

I saw this in the comments of one of the articles.. very well put
I really don't understand the comparison to the Treyvon Martin case....these three idiots shot and killed an innocent young man, they were arrested and charged with the crime and confessed to their crime. Besides making a speech about gun control, which a lot of people in this country don't want to talk about, there's nothing more that the President can do but offer up his condolences. And of course rather than offering up prayers for this young guys family and turning our attention to doing something about gun control, the majority of the comments on here are more focused on the black-white issue. As a black man, I've learned to just get over it. This country was built upon racism, bigotry and prejudice....but constantly focusing on those injustices does nothing to better the problems that we face. There will always be people that have problems with minorities....there will always be people that think women are inferior to men....there will always be minorities that have problems with whites. It's just a part of life. But if you're a person that believes that's wrong, the only thing you can do is not spread the hate, and treat everyone like you wish to be treated. My heart goes out to the Lane Family. I will keep them in my prayers.

Hiccup

Banned
Why isn't Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and all the other asshole bigots jumping in on this case to defend the helpless whiteman?

Chumly

You can always tell whos racist when they come out of the woodwork in threads like this. BUT BUT BUT WHY DOESN"T ANYONE CARE. Thats because justice is being served. Theres nothing to discuss other than what a horrible situation it is.

Sad story. I have mixed feelings about how the kids should be dealt with, but rehabbing them and putting them back on the streets isn't even close to something I've considered.

Why isn't Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and all the other asshole bigots jumping in on this case to defend the helpless whiteman?

Time for me to fucking GO.

Enzom21

I'm just calling it like I see it. You know as well as I do that this thread will be dead within the week.
No you're being a whiny racist with a persecution complex. There is really nothing to discuss here, they caught the people responsible what else are you looking for?!

Chumly

I'm just calling it like I see it. You know as well as I do that this thread will be dead within the week.

LOL you can't be serious........ The thread will be dead because they were already arrested IMMEDIATELY and they will put in jail. There is no drama to discuss. Only sorrow. You say your condolences and move on. It really says something that you desperately try and grasp on to this that it proves anything.

There are thousands of black victims that barely make a blip on the local radar every year. Just like there are thousands of white victims.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

I know you're comparing it to the TM case - but that is drastically different because there was mystery, doubt, negligence and all that fun stuff in the mix.

There is none of that here, these kids have been caught, they're being tried and no one doubts that they will be found guilty (and rightfully so) - what is it that you expect people to talk about?

I'd like to walk down the street without being murdered.

Murdered by whom? Random (possibly racist) kids? Okay, I guess we'd all like that. We can elaborate on that if you'd like.

LOL you can't be serious........ The thread will be dead because they were already arrested IMMEDIATELY and they will put in jail. There is no drama to discuss. Only sorrow. You say your condolences and move on. It really says something that you desperately try and grasp on to this that it proves anything.

There are thousands of black victims that barely make a blip on the local radar every year. Just like there are thousands of white victims.

Yup, nothing to discuss. Black crime isn't an obvious problem. Could have been anyone. Isolated incident. Let's never talk about this again.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Yup, nothing to discuss. Black crime isn't an obvious problem. Could have been anyone. Isolated incident. Let's never talk about this again.

What do you mean black crime? Crime by black people? Of course it's a problem. So is white crime. So is [insert colour here] crime. Or do you mean black crime is a problem for some particular reason that sets it apart from when other people are criminals?

Enzom21

So just black crime is an issue? You're just digging that hole deeper aren't you?
I'll ask again... Who is going to murder you?

Chumly

So your upset that we aren't shaming black people? Black people are thugs? Thats what you want the "liberal" media and GAF to talk about? How black people are thugs and we need to do something about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom