• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Proof of concept for Taxman-version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles

The barrel is fine, it doesn't need removing. Just add some kind of explanation that you need to press up and down to move it rather then jumping.

Edit the graphics to include two neon arrows onto the barrel device, alternating between flashing up and down. It'd be relatively easy to do, and could be done to fit in with the Zone design without standing out egregiously.

Or for fun, make it just break and cause Sonic to fall down to the bottom in the "infamous" shaft area when jumped on.

xemumanic

I wonder why Sega left them alone and yet blocked Streets of Rage Remake. Mind you even thier behaviour with that was weird. SORR went through 5 versions before it got thier attention.

Well guess what?

IT FINALLY GOT UPDATED!!!!!!!

HERE are the changes.

I figured the reason why they didn't DMCA them was they weren't finished with it yet (the 5 versions were 'betas' basically). And so they didn't hit them with it until they were done. Note they already had an update in development before the DMCA got dropped on them. Best of both worlds. The game comes out, but Sega protects its IP.

This is all based on my understanding that copyright law basically says "Protect/Use it, or lose it", I could be wrong.

EDIT: I asked a lawyer friend, he says my assumption is correct.

Krejlooc

Banned
Well guess what?

IT FINALLY GOT UPDATED!!!!!!!

HERE are the changes.

I figured the reason why they didn't DMCA them was they weren't finished with it yet (the 5 versions were 'betas' basically). And so they didn't hit them with it until they were done. Note they already had an update in development before the DMCA got dropped on them. Best of both worlds. The game comes out, but Sega protects its IP.

This is all based on my understanding that copyright law basically says "Protect/Use it, or lose it", I could be wrong.

EDIT: I asked a lawyer friend, he says my assumption is correct.

Your lawyer friend is wrong. SoRR was shut down because they began taking donations on their page. Source: I know the SoRR people.

xemumanic

Your lawyer friend is wrong. SoRR was shut down because they began taking donations on their page. Source: I know the SoRR people.

Well, that's a different ball of wax. I didn't know about that.

But he was still right, that IS how copyright law works, but that detail changes nothing as it pertains to SoRR. It's just a more immediate reason to put a DMCA C&D on them.

I entered this thread thinking it was gonna be S3K with updated HD graphics or something... Ill stick to a genesis emulator if that isnt the case lol

Falk

that puzzling face
I entered this thread thinking it was gonna be some updates regarding the developments on this front with the new campaign launching and all that, not a 3-month old bump.

(p.s. the campaign -is- in full force)

Top Bottom