• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype 2 - E3 Trailer

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
uA9Cg.jpg

fse7w.jpg

Why is Rico from Killzone in this?

Decado

I really wish Sucker Punch was developing this game, instead. Even though I know Infamous was better technically and control-wise, it had to provide the least interesting premise/powers they could come up with. So boring.

This *looks* bad ass, but the execution of the first Prototype is moderating my expectations.

LOVED the first Prototype. Gore, violent, kickass weapons, explosions, and a sandbox to screw around in. Awesome. The sequel looks awesome. Was hoping to get another go-round as Mercer, and not really a fan of him becoming the antagonist, but I'll still pick this one up day one.

2th

Banned
First game was average at best. Hate to say it but this game looks like it will be the same.

n0n44m

this new Heller sounds like a whiny bitch ... wahwahwah dead wife and daughter WHO CARES YOU GOT SUPERPOWERS BRO !!

seriously I enjoyed Prototype the most during the first part of the game when there wasn't as much chaos around ... terrorizing the public > fighting giant mutants and army stuff

spend some time with a trainer playing from the start with all skills unlocked ... total bloodbath

it was rather unpolished ofcourse, so if this releases on pc and is somewhat good I'll definitely buy =]

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I enjoyed the first game for what it was. I'll give this a shot.

Buckethead said:
Sorry to troll but hated the first game. Too dark and kill-y.
As long as you're sorry.

Darklord

Banned
First game had some great ideas but poorly executed. The powers, killing and turning into other people was cool. The gameplay was pretty shit though. There was some boss fight in some closed area that was just bullshit. One of the few games I gave up on.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
SneakyStephan said:
First prototype had very fun action and combat, much much better than that turd infamous.
Prototype wasn't phenomenal or anything, but it's better than any game with a contrived morality meter by default.

I enjoyed the first one despite it's flaws. Honestly this looks like they didn't actually improve anything. Graphics don't look much better, visual design is still bland. Main character looks even less appealing then Mercer who was fairly generic himself.

The fun aspects of the first game I doubt have changed much based on that trailer so I'm not really seeing why I should pick this up rather then just pop in the disc of the old game for some wall running and carnage.

I like that we have the more options for power upgrades. I wonder if they added more to the speed and mobility. Maneuverability throughout the city and battle was what made part 1 enjoyable for me. Hoping they add more to it.

The first game was more fun when you were killing people, especially before all of New York City got totally messed up.

When you're a monster, fighting other monsters isn't as interesting.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Decado said:
I really wish Sucker Punch was developing this game, instead. Even though I know Infamous was better technically and control-wise, it had to provide the least interesting premise/powers they could come up with. So boring.

This *looks* bad ass, but the execution of the first Prototype is moderating my expectations.
I dunno man, I've been playing a little inFamous after picking it up from the welcome back psn thing and the game isn't too great. Like, the animation is D-grade, the cinematics are janky, the voice acting is atrocious, and the controls are tedious. Not sure why it gets more love than Prototype, which was an extremely fun game for me.

Inflammable Slinky said:
So wait, if Mercer "turns" the new guy does that mean
he's nothing but the Blacklight virus masquerading as a human?
Pretty much. The real question is
what defines a person? He isn't human anymore, does he still think of himself as the person that he used to be? Mercer in the first game thought he was the real deal until he remembered what really happened.

Top Bottom